• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How can you tell if someone likes you or if it's just friends without asking?

theflame

Permabanned
I've often wondered about a friend of mine we'll call J. Ever since we met at one of our volunteer groups years ago, he would add me on all of my social media accounts...but he has a girlfriend who is now his wife. He would make time to hang out with me as a friend, but with other people around to not make it awkward when we worked together...trying to figure out based off of clues if he was attracted to me.

He also views my stories/pics a lot and whenever we have conversations about life, he often brought up his girlfriend as to remind me or himself that he's with someone. I was beginning to wonder if he has a crush on me but is trying to deny it because of how often he mentions his girlfriend/wife to me as if to constantly remind me he's with someone even though I gave him no indication I was interested as more than a friend. It was nice to just have a friend to talk to at work.

Would you think someone who acted like this had a crush on you but wouldn't and couldn't admit it since he's already with someone?

I don't even want to know.

I mean, I only check the social media of people I have a thing for, but that's just me.

But by how he's acting, I feel like he likes me and can't do anything about it. We haven't seen each other for years since we last worked together, and he made a Instagram account and added me about a week ago which got me to thinking about this again when he was checking out my stuff.