• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Moral sense - moral system testing

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The question where the guy is trapped and enemy forces are coming and you know he will be tortured and you have to either kill him or let the enemy have him bugged me. It's not as if the mission or ethics isn't a factor in that situation and there's not an end goal that takes precedence. It's not as if that soldier isn't aware he may die in the line of duty. That's sort of the sacrifice that's a known built in for sign up.

Doesn't mean he wants to go out that way but my thinking is there is some sort of mental preparedness that goes with that. So, if I was that soldier trapped I would like to tell them to leave me a handgun and save themselves. I don't think I would want my fellow soldier to kill me without some clarification first. Hey, buddy don't be too quick with that trigger finger on my account! What if the intel is bad and the enemy is actually our backup coming in? Save yourselves but give me a fighting chance.

Based on that question, I'd throw the dude a handgun and move out. Let him make that decision for himself. That wasn't an option. I answered that I wouldn't kill him. Did that answer up my p*ssy points? I mean morality score? :laugh:

Well, Agreed on that. I don't remember the specifics of my answers but basically I gave people free will whenever possible.
Actually I was really surprised to hear some people's answer. I had an IRL discussion about this with someone who scored 3 and told me they couldn't accept having their kid be tortured for example and would rather - basically have a suicide pact. I couldn't understand that. I mean, to me that's taking the greater evil just because you can't handle the alternative emotionally.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your average morality judgment was 1 out of 7. The red line represents your score! Scores closer to zero tend to indicate more emotional, 'deontological' decision making, whereas scores near 7 are related with rational utilitarianism.

Reading the statements felt similar to watching Russian dash cam videos.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, Agreed on that. I don't remember the specifics of my answers but basically I gave people free will whenever possible.
Actually I was really surprised to hear some people's answer. I had an IRL discussion about this with someone who scored 3 and told me they couldn't accept having their kid be tortured for example and would rather - basically have a suicide pact. I couldn't understand that. I mean, to me that's taking the greater evil just because you can't handle the alternative emotionally.

Those questions were difficult because I don't have children. I more conflicted about those dilemmas because it's so far outside my range. It's a question I don't think I could answer until I was there.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Moral sense: 3.5/7
Empathy: 2/5
Disgust: 2/5

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Empathy: 3
Morality: 3
Disgust: 2

On the morality one, more than half the time it was just that I wasn't willing to harm anyone until we could talk about it more - which wasn't an option, but would be IRL.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Your average morality judgment was 5 out of 7. The red line represents your score! Scores closer to zero tend to indicate more emotional, 'deontological' decision making, whereas scores near 7 are related with rational utilitarianism.

Your average empathy judgment was 2 out of 5. The red line represents your score!

Your average disgust judgment was 2 out of 5. The red line represents your score! (OK last test was a fun ahahaha)

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Morality: 4 / 7
Empathy: 3 / 5
Disgust: Through the roof, I assume, since the topic itself already disgusts me. So much, that I don't want to take the test.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Empathy: 3 out of 5

Morality: 5 out of 7 (but I don't get why there's no other solutions to these problems, like why killing people is the only way? xD The people who made this have no imagination lol)

Zhaylin

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Morality: 4/7
Empathy: 3/5
Disgust: 2/5 (seeing someone eat an apple with a knife and fork :wacko: :rofl1: NOT disgusting. Ketchup on icecream, however... blec!)

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Uh... I got nothing

It took me back to the front page

Well ok then

Some of these tests are confusing. Can't you describe how they work first?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Psycho path : 3/5

Well I took a spiritual path so.... I stop here that test based on yes or no is nonsense to me.

Lark

From my morning guts. Why ?

I just dont know how anyone would come up with that, it seems a random assortment of words. I wonder about that sort of thing. Same as I do your avatar.

Or like I wondered about Floki's username back when he was Magic Potato.

Or Raptor Wizard. Uber even but he was originally Uber Fuhrer and he had a cool Wolfenstein avatar.

I knew a guy on another forum who had a username Blitz Gheist which I thought was awesome and made me think of all sorts of bomb site haunters from WW1 but it turned out it was something from Half Life.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just dont know how anyone would come up with that, it seems a random assortment of words. I wonder about that sort of thing. Same as I do your avatar.

Or like I wondered about Floki's username back when he was Magic Potato.

Or Raptor Wizard. Uber even but he was originally Uber Fuhrer and he had a cool Wolfenstein avatar.

I knew a guy on another forum who had a username Blitz Gheist which I thought was awesome and made me think of all sorts of bomb site haunters from WW1 but it turned out it was something from Half Life.

That is only a viewer's point of view (you are the viewer).

My picture and name can seem random to you. Fine. But to my senses and my brain it may be totally different. Maybe you could think about it. Maybe not !

Lark

That is only a viewer's point of view (you are the viewer).

My picture and name can seem random to you. Fine. But to my senses and my brain it may be totally different. Maybe you could think about it. Maybe not !

It was why I asked about it.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was why I asked about it.

Too long to explain....... I would have first to know you better to deliver you the secret behind it. To know if you are a great listener and not judgemental. See if my values would be respected first.

Ask things and god will deliver them to you. Deliveries never fall from the sky.:content: