• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hiding From Our Parents

Mole

Permabanned
Quite a few of us come here as members or guests to hide from our parents.

What are we hiding from our parents?

Why can't we speak to our parents?

What are our parents doing that makes it necessary to hide here?

Are we smart in finding somewhere to hide from our parents?

Or are there members smarter than us who understand our psyches and who come here to groom us?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't think anyone's purpose for coming here is to hide from their parents. There are only a few members who are underage, anyway.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
1.my mom knows i'm here
2.I talk to her regularly
3.my dad's passed so he probably knows everything i post
4.i have no idea what i'm hiding from my mom.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Quite a few of us come here as members or guests to hide from our parents.

What are we hiding from our parents?
The less they know the better, the less they can interfere with my plans.

Why can't we speak to our parents?
Because they jump to conclusions and take everything I say as negative, or only see negative possibilities or that I don't care.

What are our parents doing that makes it necessary to hide here?
Nothing, I got out. Maybe my username should have been Cheese

Are we smart in finding somewhere to hide from our parents?
Just some temporary sanity for a short while.

Or are there members smarter than us who understand our psyches and who come here to groom us?
Yes, they are all testing, probing, playing, toying for their own understanding.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
:shrug:

...Honestly, though, I'm sick of people who assume that parents are all necessarily reasonable people who care???? Like where did this meme come from and when will it die

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

i talk to mine about most things if the subject comes up...

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't really speak for anyone else, but I come here to engage with friends/discuss a variety of topics, as it's not always physically viable for me to explore that offline, save of course, for my closest friend, who lives nearby.

Discussions here can involve many different emotionally charged issues, including family dynamics & relationships. I wouldn't say that discussing those things candidly with others to gather a sample of outside perspective, or seeking support when needed is necessarily 'hiding' from one's parents. That kind of seems like saying 'talking with friends or in a support group is hiding from one's parents,' which doesn't sound accurate, to me. This is of course, assuming we are dealing with our issues head-on offline, in tandem.

I don't see too many people here simply talking about those things to escape or hide from their parental relationship issues. Usually they seem to be seeking what I tend to seek. Emotional support, or just to be heard. And assistance in gathering the courage to face any issues they have head-on. In that context, this forum can be quite helpful, I think.

At least in my case, it has been (in tandem with IRL therapy & support from friends). One parent is dead. The other is mentally ill & repeatedly tells me she wishes I were dead or otherwise attempts to psychologically degrade me. She has on occasion, also physically attacked me. Of course I'm going to limit my exposure to that kind of abuse. And of course I'm going to seek support from multiple sources - both casual & professional.

As for grooming practices, the mods are pretty sharp. I'd like to think they'd take notice of any insidious attempts at a young person being taken advantage of, here.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not hiding from my parents. :p I'm an independent adult and support myself ... Plus, my mom is basically my best friend and I tell her more than I tell anyone else in the world. :p

Are you hiding from your parents? :rly???: Thou should be put in timeout! *nodnod*

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't hide from my parents. Can drive people nuts because I don't "bow down" to them because they are my parents :shrug: my ex used to hate it because she wanted parents "approval" and I could care less so when she wanted to hide I could careless. Was funny because of that I have more approval from adults then she does...she hated that too.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My parents can lick my butt hole for all I care. =)

Mole

Permabanned
Wait, you mean you don't have your parents permission to be on this site?? I'm calling the cops.

No point in calling the cops as this is a lawless site. It is set up to encourage the criminal grooming of young teenagers. It encourages the psychopathic and the frankly evil, and provides no psychotherapy, and certainly no protection from law enforcement.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't really have friends so this is a place where I can vent and get advice on marital issues.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No point in calling the cops as this is a lawless site. It is set up to encourage the criminal grooming of young teenagers. It encourages the psychopathic and the frankly evil, and provides no psychotherapy, and certainly no protection from law enforcement.

My post was a joke, but yeah the prison system is messed up.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought maybe this would be an interesting thread about the ways in which we hide our identities from our parents due to the natural vulnerability we possess as children while growing up, and the ways that family masks themselves from each other, never really being honest.

Oh well.

Mole

Permabanned
I thought maybe this would be an interesting thread about the ways in which we hide our identities from our parents due to the natural vulnerability we possess as children while growing up, and the ways that family masks themselves from each other, never really being honest.

Oh well.

I suspect you are assuming we all come from dysfunctional families, low on trust, empathy, and creativity, and high on abuse and control.

However in prosperous countries like my own, more and more families are leaving behind abuse and control and practising the helping mode of child rearing, where we help our children achieve their life goals, to become empathic and creative adults.

Of course mbti is a sink for those suffering psychologically from abusive or controlling child rearing.