• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dreamer: Are you a dreamer, realist, stoic, pragmatist, optimist or pessimist

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“What is a dreamer anyhow? A mystic seer who perhaps sees into the canvas of human mortality, all the way back into the canvas of time of all those who have come before us? Perhaps I am a pragmatic dreamer. Life is drudgery without dreams, but dreams are worthless unless they can somehow be translated into reality. This oracle thus delivers: and comes back with answers to our world's woes. Shall we embrace this wisdom shared from the veritable ancients, or should we laugh in an ignorant way to that which we may not understand currently?

Dreams can be sub-divided into both concrete goals and fervent dreams of the human conscious: We have different vantage points as well some perceptions on exactly what is the definition of goal as well wish. I don't find the two synonymous. Goal by my definition is more concrete. First come the idea, or wish, and vision. After this can come some concrete goals in putting a wish into fruition. It is our dreams that march us forward into the future against all odds and adversity. Because we believe, we can prevail. We can see it and believe it.

It becomes part of our consciousness. Once there part of our minds and consciousness, we feel invincible, or at the very least that we have a good chance to prevail. We believe we have a tomorrow and many tomorrows and those we have at least a chance. That is all the human spirit needs a belief in itself, in a brighter future, and simply a chance to make all this happen as well as transpire. Thus, we make our destiny come alive. Each star in the heavens is as an enlightened one. One day your star or mine may be up there. I do not know if it will happen, nonetheless it is a refreshing thought that gives me hope and inspiration as well.

Every day we wake refreshed and in a sense we are a brand new totally new person with fresh dreams, fresh vigor & fresh hope. Sleep is like the mini-death. We awaken with fresh insights on how to deal with our daily problems as well fresh visions on how to attain our dreams, which are extremely important. Without dreams what is the point of living? We need a future, a new vista and horizon to propel ourselves onward into the mysterious future. Sometimes frightening, mysterious, and captivating all rolled up into one, Peace and Blessings and many full sweet dreams.” LightSun

kotoshinohaisha

Permabanned
MBTI Type
STFU
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so
Imma realist with optimistism but sometimes with pessimism

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dreaming Pragmatist.

Reality, if perceived, is very useful to gain a foothold over life. Dreams, however... give Hope. Purpose. Potential. Without dreams, what do we have?

Taibreah

I'm a dreamer and not very optimistic about my dreams, because they're mostly unrealistic and farfetched. But, what I wouldn't give to actually have these dreams become reality. My dreams are just so big and inspired to become reality.

I wish I were more realistic about things, but then again, isn't my realizing that my dreams aren't realistic somehow being realistic about it? Haha, okay I'm sorry if that sounded very confusing. I confused myself just typing that out.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
dreamer, stoic, pragmatist, realisateur

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
SurrealisticSlumbers, entropie, phobik, Taibreah, Krim13, Blackout and kotoshinohaisha a few quotes.

"You see things; and say 'Why?' But i dream things that never were; and say 'Why not?'" George Bernard Shaw

“We all have our own life to pursue, our own kind of dream to be weaving. And we all have some power to make wishes come true, as long as we believe.” - Louisa May Alcott

“Dreams are like stars you may never touch them, but if you follow them they will lead you to your destiny.” Unknown

“All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
T.E. Lawrence (1888-1935)

“If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost: that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.” Henry David Thoreau

“Ideals are like stars; you will not succeed in touching them with your hands, but like the seafaring man on the desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny.” ~Carl Schurz

“There are some people, who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.” Douglas H. Everett

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Pragmatist. There are already too many dreamers.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm a discouraged dreamer, which I guess makes me a bit pessimistic.
I've worn all the hats though.

OneLovelyAdventure

Gryffindor Prefect
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can I be an idealistic optimist with a little bit of pragmatism?

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anti-stoic dreamer. The way I see it, stoicism leads to apathy, and apathy leads to loss of motivation and purpose in life.

cosmictone

Vagrant Terranaut
MBTI Type
isfp
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am a pragmatic non-hedonistic epicurean spiritual absurdist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
I dream at night. Its vivid. Its colorful. I like dreaming, unless i'm nightmaring. Nightmaring sucks!