• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Popular positivisms which are untrue

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Popular positivisms & wise sayings which are untrue

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspire to make it happen." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"The saying of the universe conspires to make happen akin 'The Secret" is an erroneous belief. Of course we must be goal orientated and follow a compass to achieve our dreams. This is crucial.
I'll give an example: The navy seal program has many potential candidates.

A person may have their father graduate and one wishes it with all their might putting all their effort.
It does necessitate accomplishing the goal. It is a correlation that some succeed and may generalize, "You have only to wish to realize your dreams and that all is possible." It is not statistically 100 percent and correct. Many people have an unachieved dream and it's not from lack of trying."

- - - Updated - - -

"What goes around comes around is an erroneous belief." Reality happens as it may. You can be the nicest person and get murdered for no reason only the whimsy of fate.
Conversely you can be an evil s.o.b. And still become rich and famous. Now it is true that if one expends negative energy they are far more likely to be the receipient of the same.
Additionally being positive is likely to yield more results and increase the quality of life.

The adage will hold no certainty however. I choose positive, realistic and pragmatic but it does not necessarily yield a myself a happier life."

- - - Updated - - -

"Everything happens for a reason is an erroneous belief." We can learn from the bad and good but it's not destined. I do find the idea nauseous in thinking incest, rape, war etc is meant to be.
That's superstition which science has determined our human race is hard wired to be such. Knowing this to be reality I utilize credible along credulous and look for scientific fact not opinion and belief.
We are a product of belief, for self development we must question belief in order of growth. Those that follow belief with blindness to alternative hypothesis limit growth."

- - - Updated - - -

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” Friedrich Nietzsche

"If it doesn't kill you it only makes you stronger" is an erroneous belief. In the psychology field 'flooding' shall occur if too much trauma is manifest and can't get processed. The ideal is challenge and growth not flooding one's ego state with trauma that can not get assimilated. In that scenario overcompensation, blind spots to one's aware state and various defensive mechanisms are in play."

Last edited by a moderator:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"You cannot have your cake and eat it, too."

(How can you eat a cake you don't have???)

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Everything will be okay in the end" No, not always. Some people will never find something they are passionate about, some kids with cancer don't beat it, and some people never get out of bad relationships. Besides everyone dies, so I think the opposite is true, everything will not be okay.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hello Coriolis a respite and familiar person.

Smilephantomhive agree wholehearted. I do know science has proven via scientific method people are hard-wired for superstition. Many of these wise sayings are meant to "keep a stiff upper lip" and that our universe provides. The universe is impartial. People die 'that shouldn't and people live when the world would be better off without them. One day there is sunshine, the next an asteroid wipes all life.

Mole I personally feel MBTI does represent my core conviction and it has helped me see the differences of human beings. In fact we are even bio-chemically different. According to research from Biological -Anthropology: SJ= higher levels of serotonin; SP = higher dopamine levels; NF higher estrogen and could be a contributing factor of the gift empathy while NT = higher level of testosterone.