• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Political Detox

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
At this point, I think it's absolutely not type related.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Sorry for the volume of poli sci stuff. I know not everyone is as into it as I am.

Lark

I dont tire of politics really, just a lot of what passes for it these days.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
At this point, I think it's absolutely not type related.

Probably not. If you had political fatigue, it would probably be more of being upset at what the orange man does. Some days, I am just bored of the orange man. Others I'm happy to discuss him.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Probably not. If you had political fatigue, it would probably be more of being upset at what the orange man does. Some days, I am just bored of the orange man. Others I'm happy to discuss him.

In my eyes, Cheetolini (which is my preferred pejorative) matters less and less in the big picture. The majority of people will get tired of the shtick, the theater, the low rent reality show agenda. Give it time. The issues beyond him are what matter.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In my eyes, Cheetolini (which is my preferred pejorative) matters less and less in the big picture. The majority of people will get tired of the shtick, the theater, the low rent reality show agenda. Give it time. The issues beyond him are what matter.

lol @ Cheetolini

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Which type is most likely to suffer from political fatigue?

I don't know, but I know I'm suffering from it. On the one hand, I think there's nothing wrong with being engaged. On the other hand, I like to operate on an even keel emotionally and paying too much attention to that stuff upsets that balance. There's enough things that can go wrong in life and cause turmoil without me needing to seek out additional sources.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It's not so much political fatigue, more so being melancholic of the days which no matter what opinion you or I had, someone isn't calling you a @#$% #$%#@ @#% and spitting in your face without listening to a word.

It was nice when people listened, and people thought about consequences, and didn't have such instantaneous disrespect for each other. As much as I try not to live in fear, I am genuinely fearful of the actions happening behind the stage, and sweeping down everyone from under our feet.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It was nice when people listened, and people thought about consequences, and didn't have such instantaneous disrespect for each other. As much as I try not to live in fear, I am genuinely fearful of the actions happening behind the stage, and sweeping down everyone from under our feet.

To be honest, I don't really remember a time like that, at least with regards to politics.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
To be honest, I don't really remember a time like that, at least with regards to politics.

Perhaps I was younger when I observed, but it seemed very similar to corporate meeting bickering I deal with now. The world was never perfect and they don't always agree, but in the end they still work together.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Perhaps I was younger when I observed, but it seemed very similar to corporate meeting bickering I deal with now. The world was never perfect and they don't always agree, but in the end they still work together.

I guess they worked together, but that's not always a good thing, IMO.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
The problem is the constriction of political spectrums (and with that the range of different perspectives available).

As we get narrower, the artery becomes restricted and nothing flows. And the imagery of politics, it's picture, becomes more important than the people who supply it. And it permeates everything.
So we end up substituting the consideration of society with the consideration of policy and then policy becomes agenda. And agendas, being often hidden, are sought out (being interwined with morality) so as to find out where a person stands, to subject them to judgement.

It has great influentual power because it has sublimated every angle or position within it's system by making things explicit & standardised. Anything that attempts to step outside of the framework is either cut out or told it too has an agenda and is no different and cannot change anything.

In the same way that a misunderstanding of game theory let the more destructive CEOs believe all are like them (and self-fulfilling prophecy of this rigid world that has been created means people are forced to be like them) modern politics is about strangling the viewpoint.

Everybody is ironic and nobody cares, except where their imagery is threatened.

And always those furthest from it suffer the most & the good few who try to change from within, futilely.

How do you detox from something that attempts to define reality and has the power to do so?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Id say its time for the formation of a moderate's party :coffee:

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know, but I know I'm suffering from it. On the one hand, I think there's nothing wrong with being engaged. On the other hand, I like to operate on an even keel emotionally and paying too much attention to that stuff upsets that balance. There's enough things that can go wrong in life and cause turmoil without me needing to seek out additional sources.

You are sad a little bit? Does the activism make you feel less alone and more optimistic?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I fatigue of politics - actually that's my natural state punctuated with period panic attacks about it.

Deep down I abhor all of it and wonder why the aliens made such a mess of humanity. :shrug::wacko::tongue10::horror::ranting: