• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Better to remain silent...

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
― Abraham Lincoln

“Silence does not always mark wisdom.”
― Samuel Taylor Coleridge

With the advent of President-elect Trump, I've noticed more than a few people espousing the opinion that Trump needs to shut up on Twitter, because he's making a fool of himself. Whether or not you agree with the premise of Trump being a fool, do you really believe that people who have only foolish things to say shouldn't speak at all? I am taken aback by that notion. Given my own way, I'd rather know what's on everybody's mind, gibberish or no, rather than being met with a wall of silence punctuated by well-timed and well-thought out words divorced from the process of how they were created or clues to what effect they're trying to produce.

What do you think?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
In the case of Trump, I'd rather know. Even though it embarrasses a good part of the American people and makes him look like a blithering idiot much of the time, go right ahead. The plus side is that he'll be watched very closely and can't really get away with much duplicity. He doesn't function like that anyway.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"He who speaks does not know. He who knows does not speak."

A pretty sentiment that is especially flattering for introverted snowflakes, but OTH there are also some quiet motherfuckers who are just as dumb as a blustering loud mouthed fool. There are also insightful, intelligent persons who can be quite talkative and extroverted.

I understand I'm not really interpreting that quote correctly here and still find a lot of wisdom in that idea. Ultimately it has to do with thinking first and not just spewing mindless, empty or dishonest words.

I'm with [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION]. Let him continue tweeting. He truly speaks like a man with no knowledge. One who had an empire handed down on a platter and as a result never truly struggled or made any effort to better himself.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"He who speaks does not know. He who knows does not speak."

A pretty sentiment that is especially flattering for introverted snowflakes, but OTH there are also some quiet motherfuckers who are just as dumb as a blustering loud mouthed fool. There are also insightful, intelligent persons who can be quite talkative and extroverted.

I understand I'm not really interpreting that quote correctly here and still find a lot of wisdom in that idea. Ultimately it has to do with thinking first and not just spewing mindless, empty or dishonest words.

I'm with [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION]. Let him continue tweeting. He truly speaks like a man with no knowledge. One who had an empire handed down on a platter and as a result never truly struggled or made any effort to better himself.

Better for the faulty wheel to squek than for it to remain quiet I like to say for fools like that.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It is good to see Trump on Twitter becasue at least we do have some semblance of where he stands on things but of course he will want to say what people want to hear not the truth like any other political leader

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ime, I see that people both men and women on average prefer those who talk less with more meaning than the other way around. But that doesn't mean just respond when only asked questions. And that they're confident in what they're saying as well.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My mission is to eliminate Donald John Trump's parents from the past.

The paradox created from that event may have leaded to something worse like a nazi version of Hillary or even Bill going off the rails with that woman he had relations with.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think if people would stop retweeting and replying to him and just not respond he would he thrives on the attention. of course people are going to continue to and at the same time people need to be aware of what he's actually saying. but still it may be better for twitter to mute trump for everyone and he can shout into the void but they probably won't tbh.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think people should spend less time talking and more time listening, learning, and asking questions.

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd just as soon talk and reveal I'm a fool so that people know to not let me near pointy objects.

As for Trump ... If he wants to let people into his mind then his loss.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the case of Trump, I'd rather know. Even though it embarrasses a good part of the American people and makes him look like a blithering idiot much of the time, go right ahead. The plus side is that he'll be watched very closely and can't really get away with much duplicity. He doesn't function like that anyway.

The "lack of duplicity" thing is the main reason why some people voted for him.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Man, I so love [MENTION=31800]The Terminator[/MENTION].

In regards to the OP : I've always thought "silence" would have been a better tactic to combat Trump during the elections in the first place.
I mean : look where all the patronizing and ridicule of Trump has led to.

"good publicity is preferable to bad, but from a bottom-line perspective, bad publicity is sometimes better than no publicity at all. Controversy, in short, sells.”
― Donald J. Trump, Trump: The Art of the Deal

The question wether Trump himself needs to shut up is irrelevant : ain't gonna happen.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The "lack of duplicity" thing is the main reason why some people voted for him.

Lack of duplicity doesn't mean he isn't going to break/manipulate the law. He will and he'll say so. He could fall back on his vast ignorance but that will only go so far. He wants deference from every American and every nation of the world. He won't be getting it. That fuels the Twitter rants.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Without regard to the content, I admire someone who bypasses the machine to actually share what is on his mind and does not leave me waiting for the media story I am willing to adopt as my own. Not every breath of fresh air smells like flowers, but it is fresh air none-the-less. Just my thoughts.....

I find it funny that there are people that think you couldn't "bypass the machine" until Trump showed up.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would erase his existence and the rest of his descendants.

I hope you're still referring to Trump. I'm not sure Bobby Brown would be worth the trouble. Can you also go back and murder the horse that paralyzed Superman? Or instill an irrational fear of horses in a 2 year old Christopher Reeve?