• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your favorite color and why?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Simple question, but perhaps there is something deeper to this.

Why do you like this particular color? What does it mean to you? Why do you associate with this color? Are you able to pinpoint why you have this perception of that color?

If you like more than one color, why is that? Is one color not capable of expanding over several ideals? Several perceptions?

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like smokey to midnight blue. I enjoy all colors, but this color tends to look the most intense to me, and it is calming. I get the best feeling when looking at it.

291627-bigthumbnail.jpg

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Rich greens (think tropical rainforest)

Tropical_Rainforest.jpg

And blues you'd see out at sea or on the beach

best-greek-beaches-plaka-naxos.jpg

EDIT: I guess I should specify why, lol. I like the vibrancy, and the life they bring to any environment. I like that in a home they can add life, but also bring comfort and warmth. I basically just really love deep, rich colors. Colors that have a very bohemian feel to them. Probably a good thing I live in a sub-tropic area, lol. All of these colors are prominent almost all year.

The Terminator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Black. Because black is a subtractive color that absorbs all the colors that has been mixed.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
gray because i like it

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love red purple, blue purple, turquoise, aqua, jade, and hot colors like neon yellow, orange, green, and pink.

I love blue in just about every color, in context one goes better with another.

Ooh color! One of my favorite topics! :D

I generally prefer many colors altogether, but my preference overall tends to range within rich, bold colors like different shades of red, purple, magenta, and blues.

I like colors that are exaggerated in real life, ones that will make something pop to emphasize the intensity. I'm not really a fan of earth tones and pastels, as I think they are too dull on their own. I would say I am an aficionado of otherworldy outlooks, like surrealism and fantasy, something that is seen through a different lens and not one directed from reality. It brings a whole new perspective and one that keeps me engaged and fascinated, like a child lost in awe and wonder seeing the world for the first time.

And black because of my darker, youthful days to represent the tragic Pierrot that was wreaking havoc on my soul.

But on a serious note, I like contrast between extremes, like a dark, almost black color against a pastel shade (probably the only exception where I will solely allow a pastel shade be among my presence :tongue:). It brings a whole new dimension and provides depth. It reflects the deep, dark mysteries in contrast to the luminous, vivacity of life; the negative with the positive, the yin and yang, or like the comedy and tragedy masks. It gives balance and life. I personally think the best works of art integrate a scale of such dichotomies, as it gives that great amount of depth and complexity I'm looking for to stimulate my interest. This is one rule I try to incorporate in my own artwork because I believe it does make a tremendous difference in show quality. But of course, this is all my own opinion on the matter and I probably didn't make any sense whatsoever. :doh:

Lark

There's a lot of colours and colour contrasts which I like, for instance red and black, red and gold, but I think my favourite colour is a shade of green, whether darker or lighter seems to depend on my mood but I think that its my favourite colour because its been scientifically proven to be the best colour, looking at the colour green apparently improves the mood of people, I've read speculation about it being to do with unconscious associations with oasis and harvest.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Black. Because black is a subtractive color that absorbs all the colors that has been mixed.

Would you say your attraction to it is purely intellectual or do you feel moved by it at all?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm colors, I never really had much apprecition for them. I like black, grey, dark red, blue and violet are quite nice. I can't really stand anything green, pink, orange and yellow. Other colors are more neutral for me.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
varies between indigo and teal. metallics are always nice too.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I love red purple, blue purple, turquoise, aqua, jade, and hot colors like neon yellow, orange, green, and pink.

I love blue in just about every color, in context one goes better with another.

Ohh blended colors, love it! Is there a reason you like these colors, or grouping of color?

- - - Updated - - -

Purely intellectual. I only apply logic, not feelings.

I know you have that Fi in there :newwink:

But solid answer, thanks for your response!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Simple question, but perhaps there is something deeper to this.

Why do you like this particular color? What does it mean to you? Why do you associate with this color? Are you able to pinpoint why you have this perception of that color?

lime-creamsicle-popsicle-25663361.jpg

Green. To me it represents vitality, life, energy, new horizons, innovation, sexuality, defying convention. It represents the start of a spring. I love winter and fall, and probably prefer them as seasons, but there's something about the new possibilities that seem inherent when green starts showing up that is enjoyable. Green represents potential, the beginning of something, as it represents the beginning of the growing season. Green is also a color I see as androgynous. To me, it has no masculine or feminine connotations; it seems to me to be a unifying color that represents the way forward. It's just life in all it's possibilities.

It represents energy, but something more sustainable and life affirming than the all-consuming red, and more exciting than the overly calming blue.

Second would be purple, which seems to me to be kind of a mystical and mysterious color. I think this is because it's probably the rarest color in nature. One can only imagine what it must have been like in ancient times, when the only time someone might see purple might be when it's associated with royalty. It must have been a very unusual experience.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ah come on Yama... Anything deeper than that? :D

Actually, I like Grey too, but only one shade please! I don't need no 50 shades of that dude.

Just cuz I like it. Taste is subjective. You can't really go any deeper than that. In fact the more you try to put words to it the less deep it becomes

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
red because i'm fiery

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just cuz I like it. Taste is subjective. You can't really go any deeper than that. In fact the more you try to put words to it the less deep it becomes

There could be some subconscious reason for why you like it.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Green because I love to hate it.