123 Last

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Default What is your favorite color and why?

Simple question, but perhaps there is something deeper to this.

Why do you like this particular color? What does it mean to you? Why do you associate with this color? Are you able to pinpoint why you have this perception of that color?

If you like more than one color, why is that? Is one color not capable of expanding over several ideals? Several perceptions?
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes Hiraeth, Peter Deadpan, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp

I like smokey to midnight blue. I enjoy all colors, but this color tends to look the most intense to me, and it is calming. I get the best feeling when looking at it.

bunny omi

Likes Hiraeth, Dreamer, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Rich greens (think tropical rainforest)

And blues you'd see out at sea or on the beach

EDIT: I guess I should specify why, lol. I like the vibrancy, and the life they bring to any environment. I like that in a home they can add life, but also bring comfort and warmth. I basically just really love deep, rich colors. Colors that have a very bohemian feel to them. Probably a good thing I live in a sub-tropic area, lol. All of these colors are prominent almost all year.
    “Note to self: Don’t seek to be relevant, or liked, seek to be undeniable. Seek to be compassionate. Seek integrity. Seek humility. Seek Light.”
    johari | nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LII None

Black. Because black is a subtractive color that absorbs all the colors that has been mixed.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

gray because i like it
    Likes Hiraeth liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

I love red purple, blue purple, turquoise, aqua, jade, and hot colors like neon yellow, orange, green, and pink.

I love blue in just about every color, in context one goes better with another.
    Likes Hiraeth, julesiscools, geedoenfj liked this post

Ooh color! One of my favorite topics!

I generally prefer many colors altogether, but my preference overall tends to range within rich, bold colors like different shades of red, purple, magenta, and blues.

I like colors that are exaggerated in real life, ones that will make something pop to emphasize the intensity. I'm not really a fan of earth tones and pastels, as I think they are too dull on their own. I would say I am an aficionado of otherworldy outlooks, like surrealism and fantasy, something that is seen through a different lens and not one directed from reality. It brings a whole new perspective and one that keeps me engaged and fascinated, like a child lost in awe and wonder seeing the world for the first time.

And black because of my darker, youthful days to represent the tragic Pierrot that was wreaking havoc on my soul.

But on a serious note, I like contrast between extremes, like a dark, almost black color against a pastel shade (probably the only exception where I will solely allow a pastel shade be among my presence ). It brings a whole new dimension and provides depth. It reflects the deep, dark mysteries in contrast to the luminous, vivacity of life; the negative with the positive, the yin and yang, or like the comedy and tragedy masks. It gives balance and life. I personally think the best works of art integrate a scale of such dichotomies, as it gives that great amount of depth and complexity I'm looking for to stimulate my interest. This is one rule I try to incorporate in my own artwork because I believe it does make a tremendous difference in show quality. But of course, this is all my own opinion on the matter and I probably didn't make any sense whatsoever.
    Likes julesiscools, Dreamer, geedoenfj liked this post

There's a lot of colours and colour contrasts which I like, for instance red and black, red and gold, but I think my favourite colour is a shade of green, whether darker or lighter seems to depend on my mood but I think that its my favourite colour because its been scientifically proven to be the best colour, looking at the colour green apparently improves the mood of people, I've read speculation about it being to do with unconscious associations with oasis and harvest.
    Likes Julius_Van_Der_Beak, geedoenfj liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    974 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
    Black. Because black is a subtractive color that absorbs all the colors that has been mixed.
    Would you say your attraction to it is purely intellectual or do you feel moved by it at all?
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Hmmm colors, I never really had much apprecition for them. I like black, grey, dark red, blue and violet are quite nice. I can't really stand anything green, pink, orange and yellow. Other colors are more neutral for me.