• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your favorite color and why?

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Briefly, I embrace color with feelings. All of this is just my opinion and reactions.

My fav color is blue, baby blue...sky/ heavenly theme with white clouds. I see blue (with white&gray ig) relating to cleansing, comfortable, pure, & fantasy.

My second fav is pink, light pink... I associate it with childhood dreams, desires, youthful energy, and candy (sugar). A disappointed color by many, but some keep it. =)

I like beige (yellows, pinks, orange, browns)... skin toned colors
I recognize them as gentle, soft, physical, fragile, innocent, and peaceful.

I like red. I understand this color as realness, expressive, here and now, interactive, & tense.

Dark blue mmh! Emotional, depth, & sore.

White: dead, influential & new. Black: work, closed & past.

I find black serious yet intimating; and gray confusing yet soothing. In all astounding. White, GRAY, black has a sharp feel...oow.
Black & gray is impowering, respectful.
Black & white is clear understanding of elite, without doubt, & difficult.
Gray & white exerts captured feelings, moment, memories that have been locked away; somewhat like story-telling.

Now, these are colors I do like, but I consider them different; natural/earthly colors are rich greens and browns, blues.
Browns: warmth, old, protective, dependable, simple, sensual.
Greens: healing, trusting, adaptable, refreshing, childlike & weird (alien).
Blues: water, cold, safe, replenishing, baby, life.

Hmm, other colors I respect...
Yellow: intruding, insightful & inspiring. Purple: feather, soul & spiritual. Orange: irratable, used & fun.

The colors mixed with white gives off light & positive feel, and black gives off heavy & negative feel.

Last edited:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Green, from lime to emerald (pretty much any green that isn't too yellow or olive).

It can be lively or serene. On the bright end of the spectrum, it represents life. I find it uplifting and refer to it as my "happy color." It's fresh and feels clean to me and seems to have just the right amount of "energy." On the bluer side, it's either intense or soothing depending on it's depth and transparency.

Side note: I hate the color red. It is so opposite green in terms of emotion and it rubs me the wrong way. It also looks terrible on me :shrug: Oddly enough, I don't wear much green. I wear a lot of black, blue, and grey.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
[MENTION=31771]Eleanthe[/MENTION] - Your avatar is the perfect representation of my favorite colors.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I love brown eyes and I love the softness of all the different shades of brown furry animals. It drives me crazy how much I want to touch all of the critters at the zoo and see what each shade feels like.

Do you have synesthesia?

I re-read what I wrote and realized I went into way too many tangents and didn't even cover why I liked the colors I listed in the first place. I was terribly sleep deprived with trembling fingers and a haywired mind when I wrote that, and the inner OCD in me is perpetually bothered, so I must elaborate.

I love reds, purples, and black the most, but I tend to gravitate towards reds, deep or bold reds like wine, burgundy, maroon, ruby, and crimson. I love red because it's rich in tone and a kind of energy I lack myself. Red is dynamic, full of vitality, and makes me think of power, romance, and lust. It's vibrant and can never really be too subdued.

I also like rich purples like royal purple, eggplant, plum, and tyrian. It is a color of royalty, one that only the most noble and wealthy wore because it was rare to make as a dye. However, I think of it as a more cooler shade of red, the one that's a little more submissive, melancholic, and subdued. It still has a richness, but there is still that somber tone that the mixed blue brings to it. I love it because it's like the bipolar cousin of red and blue and see it as a version of myself in some ways.

The only pink shade I like is magenta because I've always equated pink with being overly feminine, which I am not. Magenta has that right balance of pink and red, so a sort of girlish version of red, but not to the point you're getting into Barbie doll pink territory. Something like this image:

Also really have a hankering for black, or any really dark shade that makes a color pop. I like it because it reflects the more shy and quiet nature of my being. Black is dark, mysterious, and a withdrawn sort of color. It also has shades, like a warm mars black or a cool ivory black. But in general, it is the color that provides deep contrast among other brighter or paler colors, or can be striking on it's own.

Okay, I think I've over-elaborated and overstayed my welcome here, so I'm done now. :mellow:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm seeing a trend amongst the INTJs :D
Only 3 have replied and actually stated color(s), and there was a good bit of variation in the responses. That is not much of a trend. (I'm not counting Hawthorne, but that's another matter).

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Only 3 have replied and actually stated color(s), and there was a good bit of variation in the responses. That is not much of a trend. (I'm not counting Hawthorne, but that's another matter).

Dig deeper my friend, there is a trend indeed. It's not about the color :newwink:

But true, three members is hardly trend inducing. I just got a bit excited there :happy2:

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love all colors when they applied and used properly.. However, I would say peach is my personal favorite, it is a combination of pink and orange..
I think pink is a cool and lively color, orange brings warmth to the combination.. And I'm sure it looks good on any woman with any skin tone, either makeup or clothing :D

misfortuneteller

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have a favourite colour but my favourite colour use to be orange when I was younger because no one else picked it. #wasahipsterbeforeitwentmainstream

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ooh, I like turquoise because it makes me feel happy ... yeah, I'm so deep ... not. ;)

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Black and White together - it's the colors of penguins.

xXxXx_wEltschmErz_xXxXx

the manga was better
Blue or cyan, but I'm not sure anymore. It needs serious thought. Cyan really sticks out, it both looks relaxed and threatening, I think.

Aquamarine blue is gorgeous and the name is fancy. It's a good color too.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
black... because it looks tad better than the runners up (brown and green) and one is socially required to pick one at a young age...

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Red

It's vibrant and intense, and yet soothing when the skies turn red in the morning or when it's paired with white in winter. I love the elegance of burgundy, and the best foods are red. Spicy foods, lobster, rare steak.

MKSvq9R.jpg

3UGw4zF.jpg