Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

My laptop (with the charger, of course)
    Cell phone (with its charger too)
    Clothes
    My planner with pens and pencils

...It appears I went over the limit. Oh well.
    CHOOSE THE PATH THEY'LL NEVER TAKE

5w4 8w9 4w3 sx/sp/so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Do pets count as possessions? I'm gonna count them.

1. My cat, Fiona. Can't live without her.
    2. A leather jacket.
    3. A pair of leather booties.
    4. My phone, so I can talk to friends.
    5. A car, so I can travel more easily.

......should I have counted food? Eh, I'll get take out.
    “Note to self: Don’t seek to be relevant, or liked, seek to be undeniable. Seek to be compassionate. Seek integrity. Seek humility. Seek Light.”
    johari | nohari

MBTI
    Entp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ne

Default If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be?

Quote Originally Posted by *RisaRay* View Post
    In addition to the basic needs [emoji12] [emoji106]

...keep it simple.
    i'm counting clothes as basic needs so:
    a big encyclopedia, or a written version of wikipedia
    a cd or mp3 with different genres of music
    one of those copilations of the best novels of the 20th century
    anti depressants (it wouldn't be easy living with only five possessions)
    a laptop with internet

interesting thread @*RisaRay* what would you keep?

Enneagram

My Kidney, Liver, Stomach, Nose, and Feet. That way I'd be dead

huehuehuehue didn't expect that one did you?
    Likes Lady Lazarus liked this post

I'm assuming basic needs are covered, so that these five things are in excess of clothing, food/cooking utensils, a home and medical supplies.
    I am also not considering living beings a 'thing' so won't put family or my cat here.

1. Laptop-which can hopefully stand in for all of the books I would normally keep
    2. internet
    3. binder of important documents
    4. handbag with contents
    5. reading glasses

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6 sp

Cell phone
    Indestructible headphones
    My cats (2)
    My debit card- with tons of money on it for food

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

The aim is to know things which hold a high emotional value for you....
    So you didn't have a purpose in mind? Meh.
    I don't think I have anything that holds emotional value for me. I judge possessions based on utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    My cats (2)

Cats are not possessions. You are.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.
    Likes Luminous, LittleCat liked this post

I’ll just assume you mean one of a kind possessions and not the mundane everyday things needed to survive in modern society.

1. My dad’s police badge. He was probably one of the best damn human beings that ever wore one. When people were downright hostile to other officers they’d speak with my father. He was a guy that made friends wherever he went. He’d always stress that the man makes the badge and not the other way around.

2. A cup my second girlfriend made. She was the first girl I ever loved and a wonderful human being and a talented artist. She’ll always have a place in my heart until it beats its last.

3. A picture (not digital) of my first dog. She escaped our yard when I was 3 and was hit by a truck when she tried to follow some kids as they walked to school. Some of my first memories are of her.

4. A picture (not digital) of my girlfriend. She’s one of the best people I’ve ever met. I also wonder now if we haven’t met before.

5. My iPhone. Not for the practicality of it but because it contains photos and a large library of my music.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Population: 1 View Post
    I’ll just assume you mean one of a kind possessions and not the mundane everyday things needed to survive in modern society.

1. My dad’s police badge. He was probably one of the best damn human beings that ever wore one. When people were downright hostile to other officers they’d speak with my father. He was a guy that made friends wherever he went. He’d always stress that the man makes the badge and not the other way around.

2. A cup my second girlfriend made. She was the first girl I ever loved and a wonderful human being and a talented artist. She’ll always have a place in my heart until it beats its last.

3. A picture (not digital) of my first dog. She escaped our yard when I was 3 and was hit by a truck when she tried to follow some kids as they walked to school. Some of my first memories are of her.

4. A picture (not digital) of my girlfriend. She’s one of the best people I’ve ever met. I also wonder now if we haven’t met before.

5. My iPhone. Not for the practicality of it but because it contains photos and a large library of my music.
    This was really interesting.

I do have unique souvenirs given to me by my late parents, but if one of my sisters asked me to give something to them I would. I'd say "Our parents live on inside, not through these."

I also have some gifts from cherished people including the first woman I loved, but I treat them as they are instead of attributing a certain value.

In my mind "This was given to me by X" doesn't change anything.

As much as I can still understand or rationalize why others would put a certain value into certain items, I cannot relate. Probably because I do not attribute any emotional value at all to material things in general.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.

just this

5 copies