• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Walking on your tip toes? (Walking like a cat)..

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do this, unconsciously (unless I'm wearing work boots or something).
I walk around inside in socks or whatever, on my tip toes, like a cat.

Anyone else do that?

I run, I start on my tip toes, but then once I'm going, I then put my heel down and run and then I'm not walking on my tip toes 'which isn't the norm for me'.
I guess sometimes I don't, I like to jump around a lot as I move at home so, I do like spacious rooms not cluttered, but in general, I've always been on my tip toes, for some reason.

Why is that?
Is that psychological?
Is what I've described a thing?
and again, Anyone else do that (too)?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I do all the time too.

I see it as a byproduct of getting in trouble as a child and learning it was important to be as stealthy as possible, not seen and not heard.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I do all the time too.

I see it as a byproduct of getting in trouble as a child and learning it was important to be as stealthy as possible, not seen and not heard.

Stealth is key sometimes.
I think I can get what you mean actually in wanting to be stealthy and quick footed too. 'Like a ninja except I don't know martial arts'.

I couldn't help but pay attention to the fact that cats do it too, I don't know when I learned that little factoid, but I remember being aware of myself doing it too.

Mole

Permabanned
I do this, unconsciously (unless I'm wearing work boots or something).
I walk around inside in socks or whatever, on my tip toes, like a cat.

Anyone else do that?

I run, I start on my tip toes, but then once I'm going, I then put my heel down and run and then I'm not walking on my tip toes 'which isn't the norm for me'.
I guess sometimes I don't, I like to jump around a lot as I move at home so, I do like spacious rooms not cluttered, but in general, I've always been on my tip toes, for some reason.

Why is that?
Is that psychological?
Is what I've described a thing?
and again, Anyone else do that (too)?

We have a saying called being toey. I means being up on tiptoes, it means psychologically being ready for flight or fight, it means being alert to danger and threats, it is the opposite of being relaxed.

It reminds me of a kangaroo, up on their toes, fleeing through the Bush. Click on Kangaroos Can Jump 30 Feet High - YouTube

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We have a saying called being toey. I means being up on tiptoes, it means psychologically being ready for flight or fight, it means being alert to danger and threats, it is the opposite of being relaxed.

It reminds me of a kangaroo, up on their toes, fleeing through the Bush. Click on Kangaroos Can Jump 30 Feet High - YouTube

Wow, my pupils are always dilated, it's a condition that also has me ready for fight or flight (as well as other things).

Ironically it was all that weed in Amsterdam that maybe mellowed me out much (if not Amsterdam it's self) that I noticed for the first time that my pupils weren't dilated, but instead as small as pin holes.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I walk on my toes, too. I've done it since I was learning to walk. I have no clue why I do it lol. I had a friend in college joke about how they would see me from across the caf and it looked like I was sneaking up on the salad bar. :laugh:

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes. I basically always walk on the balls of my feet. I can't quite place when I started, but it was a very long time ago. I don't remember not doing it.

It's hard to say why. It's subconscious and natural feeling. I also felt like I had to be sneaky all the time as a kid, so maybe that's it. But it might just because I inherited the custom of walking bare foot, but my parents house tended to be cluttered and filthy, so you didn't want to tread the floor anymore than you had to. This may or may not have some relation to the fact that I also often stand on one leg, like a stork (or Ian Anderson).

Between walking on my toes and incessant pacing, I seemed to have developed huge, granite calves without specifically trying to exercise them. Do the other toe walkers here have defined calves? (weird question)

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought I odd doing this, but apparently it's more common than I thought. As for my calves size, they're muscular but I'm small-framed.