• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nostalgic about *your childhood / college crush/love* ?

*RisaRay*

Ever curious to meet them once again? Ever wonder what do he/she must be doing now-a-days??

...keep it simple.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Occasionally I do wonder what my old crushes have been doing lately. But if there's no chance to contact/reconnect in any way, then I don't bother. Same thing if they've turned out to be huge douchebags.

635858947734115333-2009871318_edna-mode-gif.gif

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I actually texted my favorite ex a while back to see how his life was going... I'd had a weird dream where he and the man were pals

it was his wedding day :laugh:

I'm actually happy that he finally found a nice girl who wants to settle down with him and have kids... he deserves it

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ever curious to meet them once again? Ever wonder what do he/she must be doing now-a-days??

...keep it simple.

Sure. I traded emails with her several years ago but haven't seen or spoken to her since we were 21. She is married with three kids and a dog and lives a few towns over.

Interesting article here on this kind of thing.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was younger, I was more idealistic, and so my crushes were more of an extension of my own idealism and imagination. The actual person was different than what was in my mind. My crushes would last for years, so there was a lot of emotional investment, but I don't look back much. I never tried to look anyone up back when I was on FB.

There is a feeling of confused, painful nostalgia when recalling former marriages. I was never cut-out to have multiple deep romances in my life. I was meant to have one love. It works better for me to not look back. It's not a lack of nostalgia, but that it's too much to process.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't really like posting to this forum very often because I have a stalker here. (It's not just me, he stalks multiple forum members and the mods just let him get away with it year after year after bloody year.) But I'll admit to having had a kind of Charlie Brown "red-headed girl down the street" childhood. I did look her up on Facebook finally, but as it turns out she hasn't changed at all, which is a bad thing.

Abendrot

one way trip
MBTI Type
IntJ
Enneagram
85X
Instinctual Variant
sx
Never. I generally reject my past and only look forward.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Just my last boyfriend. I will probably always love him. The door is completely shut on all the others though. If he texted me right now, I don't know what I would do.

Lark

Yeah, I feel that way lots of the time, I've tried to reach out to people I was involved with in the past but most of them arent interested in getting in contact so I just forget about it, until I feel like trying again and then it happens again, I dont worry if I dont hear from them though and I think I get that sort of feeling the strongest when I dont have anything like it going on at the moment and sometimes it spurs me on to try and just meet new people instead.

Lark

When I think about it if any of my exes are randomly reading this, get in touch ;) :D

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
ebebceebd3930b7008dd545bd23ab847.jpg

...sure...usually when I stumble acorss a familiar moment that reminds me of them...

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hahahah yeah tbh there are a few crushes I still wonder about a lot and if I ended on good terms with them I'd at least still bang but exes I feel like are kind of a done deal

Litsnob

No. When I was stuck in a declining relationship but in denial, I began to struggle with depression and one feature of it was to fantasise about the one that got away, so to speak. It was a silly fantasy and only a result of my circumstances. When your husband turns out to be mistreating you it is not so unreasonable to begin to wonder if someone else would have been a better choice. When I am healthy and happy I give no thought to past relationships or partners because the very fact that they are in the past means they are not the right one.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I actually texted my favorite ex a while back to see how his life was going... I'd had a weird dream where he and the man were pals

it was his wedding day :laugh:

Isn't it sometimes too much bizarre of a coincidence when some of these synchronicities happen?

On topic though, I wouldn't say I miss any of them. I'm neutral. Nonetheless, there's a certain special someone I highly appreciate and we're grateful we've met each other still even when we're apart. It was the wrong time.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Isn't it sometimes too much bizarre of a coincidence when some of these synchronicities happen?

Yeah. Like when many years later you see someone halfway across the country from where you'd known them, find out they've moved to the same area as you, and have friends in the same social circles.

Amberiat

Infinity
I never really thought about this but I can sort of remember most of my crushes if I try to, I don't actually care about any of them though unless I have anything to do with them now or in the future.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Naw

I did have an ex try to get in touch recently but I blocked her.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Just my last boyfriend. I will probably always love him. The door is completely shut on all the others though. If he texted me right now, I don't know what I would do.

He texted me almost one year after this post and I told him to fuck off.

I guess we solved that mystery.

Regarding the connection we had, it was unique and uncommon, but not healthy for me. I mirror Ravenetta's feeling that it's a sort of painful nostalgia, a hole that may never truly disappear. Time will tell.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
You know, I never had any...who were real. I was into anime dudes long before it was acceptable for guys to claim “ Waifus”.

Was it wierd? Probly. I’m a little wierd but it kept me from getting involved in the “ Psycho -drama” which seems to be deeply rooted in college/ HS dating.