• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rather experiment or read?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
You'd rather read than do and yet are sooo insistent that you are ENTJ? Hahaha that doesn't even sound like "E" of any kind. But sure guy, w/e you say.
Insistent? Okay. This is your imagination here.

Reading of concerts? I prefer dancing at clubs or listening to music with friends. I've went to concerts before, I thought they were the liveliest events I could go to, but they are starting to get boring. On the off-chance that some artist would be making a tour interesting enough for me to pay a visit at their concert, I read the reviews.

So.. happy to hear you donate your expertise in finding me a type. Are you expecting this to be a mutual exchange? Then let me pay back.

You seem the kind of person who's hastily accumulated many traits described in a popular psychological system, and you're happy how well it fits. I don't recognize you valuing any analysis or analytical abilities however. Maybe the thoughts of being a trailblazer or something like that has inspired you more than being an NT.

The funnier thing is how you seem to have internalized the type of ENTJ as a badge of honor. There are several obvious problems with this attitude, colliding with facts and well-established interpretation. It fits the folklore of MBTI, however.

All in all, you seem someone with emphasis on folklore, extravaganca and appearances, rather than analysis. I give you ESFJ.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Insistent? Okay. This is your imagination here.

Reading of concerts? I prefer dancing at clubs or listening to music with friends. I've went to concerts before, I thought they were the liveliest events I could go to, but they are starting to get boring. On the off-chance that some artist would be making a tour interesting enough for me to pay a visit at their concert, I read the reviews.

So.. happy to hear you donate your expertise in finding me a type. Are you expecting this to be a mutual exchange? Then let me pay back.

You seem the kind of person who's hastily accumulated many traits described in a popular psychological system, and you're happy how well it fits. I don't recognize you valuing any analysis or analytical abilities however. Maybe the thoughts of being a trailblazer or something like that has inspired you more than being an NT.

The funnier thing is how you seem to have internalized the type of ENTJ as a badge of honor. There are several obvious problems with this attitude, colliding with facts and well-established interpretation. It fits the folklore of MBTI, however.

All in all, you seem someone with emphasis on folklore, extravaganca and appearances, rather than analysis. I give you ESFJ.

What?! :rofl1:
Jesus Christ, if you're going to do something so petulant as to 'get back' at me by re-typing you may want to go with something a little more believable than just blatantly letters that you assume would cause the greatest insult. I mean, you kept the J which is easily the most questionable.

In return I give you: zero fucks. I know who I am and have nothing to prove to someone on the other side of a screen. This "Screen" BTW is where I come to relax. I save my analysis, and useful skills for things that matter.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What?! :rofl1:
Jesus Christ, if you're going to do something so petulant as to 'get back' at me by re-typing you may want to go with something a little more believable than just blatantly letters that you assume would cause the greatest insult. I mean, you kept the J which is easily the most questionable.

In return I give you: zero fucks. I know who I am and have nothing to prove to someone on the other side of a screen. This "Screen" BTW is where I come to relax. I save my analysis, and useful skills for things that matter.

Ok, so you know this I-know-who-I-am angle, and proud of that, you started the stupidity exhibited in your last post? I know where you're coming from. You too quite consistent in how you appear to value yourself and how you appear to devalue others. This I-dont-give-a-fuck attitude is pretty meh too, as in, caring enough to mention shit and not caring. I'm sure it makes you feel powerful.

I don't have need for this kind of communication, but if you want to fuck yourself up some more, do go on.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Ok, so you know this I-know-who-I-am angle, and proud of that, you started the stupidity exhibited in your last post? I know where you're coming from. You too quite consistent in how you appear to value yourself and how you appear to devalue others. This I-dont-give-a-fuck attitude is pretty meh too, as in, caring enough to mention shit and not caring. I'm sure it makes you feel powerful.

I don't have need for this kind of communication, but if you want to fuck yourself up some more, do go on.

Wow. You're using words like 'Stupidity" and " Fucked up" because I disagree with your rage-typing of me?

That's a lot of misplaced anger and that is something I don't need. I'm just going to move on and leave you with your misery.

- - - Updated - - -

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Wow. You're using words like 'Stupidity" and " Fucked up" because I disagree with your rage-typing of me?

That's a lot of misplaced anger and that is something I don't need. I'm just going to move on and leave you with your misery.

- - - Updated - - -
You're eager to read online anger where there is amusement more than anything else. Are the rest of your perceptive abilities just as bad? For the record, you've stated about 10 incorrect guesses by now and offered 0 insight. I bet you don't see it.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I read to learn for the purpose of doing. Reading about a concert wouod be for informational purposes to decide if i want to and if its worth it for me. I dont mind jumping into things with no data either for expirimenting purposes for purposes of reading situation to learn and grow. Most of that is an internal process though.

Jaguar

My house looks like the frigging Library of Congress. Of course I read. And this thread while old, is oddly amusing. And revealing.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I prefer to come prepared to whatever I am doing. However concrete implementation is more important part of the equation for me.

While if it is something fun I may go there or do something else entirely.

Lark

You read of a concert rather than go to it?

Read that there is great love available from a partnership rather than do it?

Read that science is pretty good rather than do anything with it? For example, you might have read of something called artificial intelligence. Maybe walking robots, machine vision or autonomous vehicles.

So what is your focus on reading or experimenting, and what do you think of it? How do current psychological theories explain what you do and feel? What theories can you quote to explain the activities of people in this regard? I mean, reading and experimenting are two distinct activities, although they might be related in some ways.

Edit: I rather read reviews of concerts rather than go to concerts. In this regard I prefer reading to activity. In sports, I prefer activity to reading or looking. I don't watch any sports. I participate in sports where possible. These are examples of where I consider reading vs doing.

I do like reading and I do do a lot of living vicariously via reading and books but I'm good with that.

Its simply not going to be possible to do everything I'd like to in a single life time. Even to do what little I think a life would afford I would need the more complete knowledge that I've got now aways back when I was in my teens or twenties (at the latest) and also a confidence which would have been in advance of my years too (knowledge doesnt always lead to confidence). However, that said, its much more feasible to gain by reading.

I dont discount first hand experience sometimes but neither do I discount secondary sources either, it would be stupid to do so and involve some sort of crazy empiricism and skepticism which would make life impossible.