• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

A question directed to those that know about socionics

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see that many of you have found out their socionics type. So I ask you this; why are you still using MBTI when you have already discovered Socionics?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's hard to avoid because MBTI is still more popular in many English-speaking countries, so people wind up speaking a typology language that is a hybrid of socionics and Myers-Briggs concepts. There's also a lot of overlap between the systems, even if the framework is quite different past the external similarities.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's hard to avoid because MBTI is still more popular in many English-speaking countries, so people wind up speaking a typology language that is a hybrid of socionics and Myers-Briggs concepts. There's also a lot of overlap between the systems, even if the framework is quite different past the external similarities.

But objetively speaking, Socionics is the superior theory, and the way I see it, they are mutually exclusive (because they deal with the same phenomena-- that is, the presence of 8 aspects of reality that form 16 possible types of people).

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's because MBTI is easier to digest than Socionics. I'm no expert in the latter, far from it. I'm still learning everything I can. Although I do prefer cognitive functions at the moment, I agree that Socionics is much more comprehensive. Doesn't eliminate how mind-twisting it is to first-timers.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But MBTI is ridden with problems. Depending on the source, a description might sound like one type or another type altogether. They are also disconnected from the functions that a type is supposed to have. This causes people mistype themselves all the time. Socionics also has some problems (mainly in the area of the definitions of information aspects) but at least what you are in socionics, is what you really are. I rest my case; I don't know what I am in MBTI. But I know for sure (confirmed by intertype relations) what I am in Socionics. Socionics has Model A, which represents reality much much better than the crap MBTI has about "inferior", "trickster" or whatever.

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Socionics is fascinating, but confusing as hell. For example: these things :)Ni::Si::Fi::Ti::Ne::Se::Fe::Te:). Wtf are those for?