• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Keep quitting jobs

Noob_Tube

I'm not sure if this is fits under some sort of "personality type" but, I'm in my 30s and the longest I've ever held a job was roughly 3 years before leaving and trying something else. Like most people (I assume), I've been undecided in terms of a career path. While most people learn to stick with whatever works for them, I seem to have a problem staying interested in whatever job I hold and end up leaving to go do something else. What's funny is that I'm right around the 3 year mark at my current job and I've not only lost interest in what I do but, I'm unbelievably stressed the hell out. It's weird because I'll go into a new job highly enthusiastic thinking that I'm going to retire there and I'll excel at my position really quick but for whatever reason, after some time has passed, all of that will begin to decline really quick to the point where the things that I thought I'd be interested in have become mundane and I just get bored of it all. I always try to make it work and in the long run, I always end up fooling myself pretending to be happy again when I'm really not. It's all pretty weird.. This is the highest paying job I've ever had, but I don't like the responsibility and hours that comes with it. I dread OT. Hell, I don't even like 40 hours. If I end up quitting this job, I don't know what other path to take. I'm tired of going through this and I just want to be able to settle with something I can retire in.

One thing I can say out of all this is that I always seem to enjoy learning new things, which is why I probably do well in a new job. It seems once I become good enough at something, I get bored of it and look for something else. I can't say with certainty if that's the cause of all this but, I'd like to see if this is some known thing that certain people face and what some solutions might be. Sorry if this all over the place. It's really the first time I've ever vented about it.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Where I live and maybe just the industry I'm in, there's a much greater stigma around staying in one position for too long.

It shows humbleness that when you become good at something, you don't get so attached to it that you can't handle change, even if do you go too far in the opposite direction. That's a strength.

There are a few reasons why one might be undecided on what they want to do with their lives. Do you think it's that you truly don't know? Or that you've detached from what your desires are on the more enduring level, maybe because somewhere you learned that they're not important in this world? Not assuming either one of those.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
A lot of people could only dream to be so lucky as to have the luxury to chose like that.

My only advice would be to stick with one before you get too much older and they stop hiring you...around 35-40.

Permabanned
A lot of people could only dream to be so lucky as to have the luxury to chose like that.

My only advice would be to stick with one before you get too much older and they stop hiring you...around 35-40.

why

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
i feel this on a spiritual level