• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Is The Bravest Thing?

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
What is the BRAVEST thing you have ever:

Seen anyone do?

Heard of anyone doing?

Kas

Fabula rasa
Hmm I didn't wanted to post because I don't want to get pompous , but the bravest person I knew was a colleague who started very young fighting very serious , progressive disease -for keeping hope and enthusiasm despite of the situation.

I also have seen parents in clinic of rare childhood diseases where kids were very sick, often with serious prognosis, sometimes fatal and I was impressed how strong they were to handle this. In superhero style.

But it's more brave people than brave actions I guess...

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Thanks for your answer [MENTION=24824]Kas[/MENTION]!

I meant to put ‘what is one of the bravest” not “THE bravest” :doh:

I feel the same way about children who face serious illness.

This is a plaque my friend has in her bedroom. She’s 6 now and it represents the 2 1/2 years it took her to kick Leukaemia. Each bead represents something. ie. black beads mean each needle poke, wooden beads are each chemo session, the bird is a missed visit to the zoo etc. Her bravery at age 3, blew me away!

clara_zpsjdlpiekj.jpg

One of the bravest things I ever heard was a conversation my cousin had with a group of her friends. It was nothing extraordinary, and yet it totally was. The kids were mocking her for not having seen a movie. I can’t remember which one it was, but it was hugely popular at that time.

She calmly explained why she thought 'it didn’t merit being classified as real entertainment but that they were welcome to their opinion'. I knew there was a guy she had a crush on there and he and the group were merciless in telling her how ‘dumb’ she was. Basically saying ‘if you are different, you aren’t one of us’.

I was so impressed by her refusal to change her attitude despite the peer pressure, but also her refusal to join them at the level of exchange they were choosing. Brave.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
To me, life is the most precious thing I possess. We are hardwired to avoid death at all costs... so, to me, to go against that and face our #1 and very real fear of death is extremely brave to me.

Kas

Fabula rasa
T

This is a plaque my friend has in her bedroom. She’s 6 now and it represents the 2 1/2 years it took her to kick Leukaemia. Each bead represents something. ie. black beads mean each needle poke, wooden beads are each chemo session, the bird is a missed visit to the zoo etc. Her bravery at age 3, blew me away!

clara_zpsjdlpiekj.jpg
This is quite amazing!

One of the bravest things I ever heard was a conversation my cousin had with a group of her friends. It was nothing extraordinary, and yet it totally was. The kids were mocking her for not having seen a movie. I can’t remember which one it was, but it was hugely popular at that time.

She calmly explained why she thought 'it didn’t merit being classified as real entertainment but that they were welcome to their opinion'. I knew there was a guy she had a crush on there and he and the group were merciless in telling her how ‘dumb’ she was. Basically saying ‘if you are different, you aren’t one of us’.

I was so impressed by her refusal to change her attitude despite the peer pressure, but also her refusal to join them at the level of exchange they were choosing. Brave.

Yes, I think it takes sometimes a lot of courage to face some social standards.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
To me, life is the most precious thing I possess. We are hardwired to avoid death at all costs... so, to me, to go against that and face our #1 and very real fear of death is extremely brave to me.

Same. I don't even think it has to be done stoically to qualify as brave. I think someone is brave if they do it kicking and screaming. But, to face death in the service of another? Man. Humbling.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Same. I don't even think it has to be done stoically to qualify as brave. I think someone is brave if they do it kicking and screaming. But, to face death in the service of another? Man. Humbling.

We're riding the same cloud here. :)

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The bravest thing I have seen anyone do:
My mom scolding armed soldiers..

The bravest thing I heard anyone doing:
My ESFJ aunt had a cancer and refused to tell any family member except her children about it, and kept the same positive and life loving attitude until the very last day of her life, that's when they had to take her to the hospital and there she passed away at age of 48, we all were shocked by the news because we couldn't even believe she had cancer, her children said it was because she didn't want to us to be sad for her, she was a such a gorgeous and funny lady even in her most difficult times..

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Hmm I didn't wanted to post because I don't want to get pompous , but the bravest person I knew was a colleague who started very young fighting very serious , progressive disease -for keeping hope and enthusiasm despite of the situation.

I also have seen parents in clinic of rare childhood diseases where kids were very sick, often with serious prognosis, sometimes fatal and I was impressed how strong they were to handle this. In superhero style.

But it's more brave people than brave actions I guess...

I was one of those kids but once you're an adult people bitch at you just for mentioning it. -_-

As for my answer...I can't think of one. Either I have lived a very boring and uneventful live or am just very forgetful. Probably a combination of the two.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The bravest thing I have seen anyone do:
My mom scolding armed soldiers..

The bravest thing I heard anyone doing:
My ESFJ aunt had a cancer and refused to tell any family member except her children about it, and kept the same positive and life loving attitude until the very last day of her life, that's when they had to take her to the hospital and there she passed away at age of 48, we all were shocked by the news because we couldn't even believe she had cancer, her children said it was because she didn't want to us to be sad for her, she was a such a gorgeous and funny lady even in her most difficult times..

That story reminds me of my dad. He found out he had prostate cancer a week before his huge 35th wedding anniversary. Had a hall rented out with over 100 people(we have a huge family) and me, my ex, my mom, and him were the only ones who knew...man it was hard not breaking down due to the setting. They caught it early so he was able to fight it off. He has never been quite the same since radiation due to the toll it took on his body, but he is cancer free. He tells me everything because he knows i can handle it. Life is what it is, make the best of it.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That story reminds me of my dad. He found out he had prostate cancer a week before his huge 35th wedding anniversary. Had a hall rented out with over 100 people(we have a huge family) and me, my ex, my mom, and him were the only ones who knew...man it was hard not breaking down due to the setting. They caught it early so he was able to fight it off. He has never been quite the same since radiation due to the toll it took on his body, but he is cancer free. He tells me everything because he knows i can handle it. Life is what it is, make the best of it.

That must have been some difficult time, I'm sorry that you and your family have been through this experience, but I'm glad they caught it early..
"Life is what it is, make the best of it" I loved that :)

Kas

Fabula rasa
I was one of those kids but once you're an adult people bitch at you just for mentioning it. -_-

Oh really? Maybe it's human version of goldfish memory:shrug: