• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychopathology and Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mole

Permabanned
Only a few hundred years ago society was based on religion, so psychopathology was seen through a religious lens. So those suffering from a psychopathology were said to be touched, touched by God. So they were protected by the Church and given an aura of sanctity.

But come the Enlightenment and the psychopathological were seen as irrational and anti-social, so they lost their aura of sanctity and were put in prison.

Then the medical profession took an interest in the psychopathological in prison, and said they weren't bad but were sick with a disease, and we the doctors can cure disease. So we put the psychopathological in mental asylums under the care of doctors.

But come the liberation of the 60s we liberated the psychopathological from the mental asylums, and instead we heavily medicated their symptoms. This was called the deinstitutionalisation of the asylums, and that is why there are so many mentally ill on the streets, medicating their symptoms.

Unfortunately the criminal drug culture could see the psychopathological could be sold illegal drugs to medicate their symptoms.

The upshot of all this is that we now live in the therapeutic society where psychopathology is seen as normal, and the buying and selling of illegal drugs is seen as a sign of glamorous rebellion.

Nonetheless, psychopathology is the result of a damaged and damaging psyche, and illegal drugs are part of the criminal sub-culture.

á´…eparted

passages
Another petty special thread I see. What else is new.

I am sorry you don't approve of mine and others drug use, but quite frankly I don't give a damn. I am going to do whatever I damn well please. In fact, I plan on doing 2C-B in a few weeks again. In fact, maybe I'll do a double dose just for you. You are extremely uninformed and bias on the subject so you are in 0 position to judge any of us.

Mole

Permabanned
Another petty special thread I see. What else is new.

I am sorry you don't approve of mine and others drug use, but quite frankly I don't give a damn. I am going to do whatever I damn well please. In fact, I plan on doing 2C-B in a few weeks again. In fact, maybe I'll do a double dose just for you. You are extremely uninformed and bias on the subject so you are in 0 position to judge any of us.

If you suffer from a psychopathology, you have my sympathy, and I can understand you want to ease your suffering.

Unfortunately by paying the criminal sub-culture to ease your suffering, you do considerable damage, not only to yourself, but to all of us.

á´…eparted

passages
If you suffer from a psychopathology, you have my sympathy, and I can understand you want to ease your suffering.

Unfortunately by paying the criminal sub-culture to ease your suffering, you do considerable damage, not only to yourself, but to all of us.

You think I am suffering? You think I do drugs to ease suffering? :rotfl:. I do them because it's fun and I like to experience altered states. They're called recreational for a reason. There's nothing wrong with that either.

Yeah, cause the war on drugs and criminalization hasn't done a fuckton if damage :rolleyes:

Mole

Permabanned
Drugs and a High Untaxed Cash Flow

You think I am suffering? You think I do drugs to ease suffering? :rotfl:. I do them because it's fun and I like to experience altered states. They're called recreational for a reason. There's nothing wrong with that either.

Yeah, cause the war on drugs and criminalization hasn't done a fuckton if damage :rolleyes:

Frankly, this seems to me like a classic rationalisation, where we rationalise something harmful into fun.

And worse, the propaganda for the criminal use of drugs tells us they enhance our psyches, they help us grow as persons, they give us insights we would not otherwise have, and they make us more compassionate people.

Of course if you believe this propaganda, you will believe anything. This propaganda is aimed at the gullible and at the psychologically vulnerable.

And behind the propaganda for criminal drugs is a high untaxed cash flow.

á´…eparted

passages
Frankly, this seems to me like a classic rationalisation, where we rationalise something harmful into fun.

And worse, the propaganda for the criminal use of drugs tells us they enhance our psyches, they help us grow as persons, they give us insights we would not otherwise have, and they make us more compassionate people.

Of course if you believe this propaganda, you will believe anything. This propaganda is aimed at the gullible and at the psychologically vulnerable.

And behind the propaganda for criminal drugs is a high untaxed cash flow.

Please illustrate to me how drugs are harmful when done responsibly? Oh, that's right, you can't. Seems like you're the one doing the rationalization by being willfully ignorant.

Oh I freely and readily spread propaganda about drug use. Why? Harm reduction. Scientific interest. Breaking false fear mongering and stereotypes. Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's wrong. You of all people should surely know not to blindly follow the rule of law. For someone who actively rails on authoritarianism, you sure do support a lot of authoritarian positions.

It's sad you're so resistant to this. Open your mind, you might learn something.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting..

Based on your physiology they have different effects. Some can seen harmful recreationally but aren't. Some are, like alot of prescription drugs can be, as they feed you to get well. But some are still very much necessary and have healing effects for very real conditions, and if there is a new way to handle it I don't know about. Do tell.
It's all shades though. It isn't black and white. That something is all bad or all good.
Psychopaths are in this? Well. Sure it's there however not everything can or needs to be somehow medicated away. In psychopathy you can't connect with anyone in the way anyone else can, so they live as they can without that aspect. Brain wiring. This doesn't make them all likely to be violent monsters, but painting not like some witch hunt finger pointing thing is always nice. Trying to understand more than judge. I'd imagine it's a lonely world if everyone hates what you are and/or doesn't try to understand it. Whatever the condition, really.

Mole

Permabanned
Drugs and alcohol mask anxiety and depression, and mental illness.

So those suffering from anxiety, depression, or mental illness instinctively know they are damaged and damaging and they seek to hide it from others, and even from themselves.

And being so damaged they seek to recruit others, particularly young teenagers on Typology Central, in order to normalise damage.

And behind it all is a huge international business, with its own vast untaxed cash flow, and relentless propaganda.

á´…eparted

passages
Drugs and alcohol mask anxiety and depression, and mental illness.

So those suffering from anxiety, depression, or mental illness instinctively know they are damaged and damaging and they seek to hide it from others, and even from themselves.

And being so damaged they seek to recruit others, particularly young teenagers on Typology Central, in order to normalise damage.

And behind it all is a huge international business, with its own vast untaxed cash flow, and relentless propaganda.

Yes. Come to me. Join me, my children.

giphy.gif

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
This is what the "psychopath" Carl Sagan had to say on cannabis :

"The cannabis experience has greatly improved my appreciation for art, a subject which I had never much appreciated before. The understanding of the intent of the artist which I can achieve when high sometimes carries over to when I'm down. This is one of many human frontiers which cannabis has helped me traverse."

"A very similar improvement in my appreciation of music has occurred with cannabis. For the first time I have been able to hear the separate parts of a three-part harmony and the richness of the counterpoint. I have since discovered that professional musicians can quite easily keep many separate parts going simultaneously in their heads, but this was the first time for me.

"Again, the learning experience when high has at least to some extent carried over when I'm down. The enjoyment of food is amplified; tastes and aromas emerge that for some reason we ordinarily seem to be too busy to notice. I am able to give my full attention to the sensation. A potato will have a texture, a body, and taste like that of other potatoes, but much more so."

Cannabis also enhances the enjoyment of sex - on the one hand it gives an exquisite sensitivity, but on the other hand it postpones orgasm: in part by distracting me with the profusion of image passing before my eyes. The actual duration of orgasm seems to lengthen greatly, but this may be the usual experience of time expansion which comes with cannabis smoking."

"I do not consider myself a religious person in the usual sense, but there is a religious aspect to some highs. The heightened sensitivity in all areas gives me a feeling of communion with my surroundings, both animate and inanimate."

"When I'm high I can penetrate into the past, recall childhood memories, friends, relatives, playthings, streets, smells, sounds, and tastes from a vanished era. I can reconstruct the actual occurrences in childhood events only half understood at the time. Many but not all my cannabis trips have somewhere in them a symbolism significant to me which I won't attempt to describe here, a kind of mandala embossed on the high. Free-associating to this mandala, both visually and as plays on words, has produced a very rich array of insights."

"The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world."

But yeah no good insights or good things can come from drugs...

how is this "harmful to all of us" [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] ?

Mole

Permabanned
This is what the "psychopath" Carl Sagan had to say on cannabis :

But yeah no good insights or good things can come from drugs...

how is this "harmful to all of us" [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] ?

The global untaxed cash flow from criminal drugs is greater than the gross national product of many nations, and accordingly the propaganda for the criminal use of drugs is enormous and overwhelming.

So it is no surprise to find Typology Central, after being softened up by mbti, is propagating global propaganda for criminal drugs.

And shamefully, Typology Central is propagating the propaganda of criminal drugs to our most vulnerable members, namely thirteen year olds whose brains have not full grown, and are unable to defend themselves.

And it is doubly shameful because we are in loco parentis to our thirteen year old members, and we betray them to the propaganda of global drug traffickers.

á´…eparted

passages
The global untaxed cash flow from criminal drugs is greater than the gross national product of many nations, and accordingly the propaganda for the criminal use of drugs is enormous and overwhelming.

So it is no surprise to find Typology Central, after being softened up by mbti, is propagating global propaganda for criminal drugs.

And shamefully, Typology Central is propagating the propaganda of criminal drugs to our most vulnerable members, namely thirteen year olds whose brains have not full grown, and are unable to defend themselves.

And it is doubly shameful because we are in loco parentis to our thirteen year old members, and we betray them to the propaganda of global drug traffickers.

I'm sorry, but if you think we're influencing teenagers to doing drugs you're simply delusional. This is a massive, MASSIVE leap of logic and a non sequitur.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm sorry, but if you think we're influencing teenagers to doing drugs you're simply delusional. This is a massive, MASSIVE leap of logic and a non sequitur.

It's true, it's not called drugs, sex, and rock & roll for nothing. In fact drugs remove sexual inhibitions in the short term, and so in the short term drugs enhance sex, but in the long time they destroy sex.

Our thirteen year old members are being overwhelmed by the sexual feelings of puberty, and also running smack bang into their natural inhibitions.

And maturity means negotiating our natural sexual desires and our natural inhibitions. Both are necessary: our natural sexual desires are necessary to establish grownup relationships, and our natural inhibitions are necessary for emotional intelligence, for emotional intelligence is characterised by restraint.

Our role in loco parentis is to help thirteen year olds successfully achieve their life goals, not to exploit them.

á´…eparted

passages
It's true, it's not called drugs, sex, and rock & roll for nothing. In fact drugs remove sexual inhibitions in the short term, and so in the short term drugs enhance sex, but in the long time they destroy sex.

Our thirteen year old members are being overwhelmed by the sexual feelings of puberty, and also running smack bang into their natural inhibitions.

And maturity means negotiating our natural sexual desires and our natural inhibitions. Both are necessary: our natural sexual desires are necessary to establish grownup relationships, and our natural inhibitions are necessary for emotional intelligence, for emotional intelligence is characterised by restraint.

Our role in loco parentis is to help thirteen year olds successfully achieve their life goals, not to exploit them.

Right, because we're exploiting children by merely discussing what we enjoy in our private lives :rolleyes:. Not only should teenagers live in a bubble, so should we!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Right, because we're exploiting children by merely discussing what we enjoy in our private lives :rolleyes:. Not only should teenagers live in a bubble, so should we!

dude my bubble tastes like cotton candy and you can't take this away from me DAMNIT!! :ranting:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like to snort powdered INFP burrowing rodents. If that makes me a psychopath, then I don't want to be an Australian... uh, I mean, an exemplary human being.

There's actually no hard switch between a 'drug' and a 'non-drug'. There are psychoactive effects in eating turkey and a cartel with a shady government lobby that goes along with peddling it. The hard and fast designations are usually promoted by people who want to control others.

Mole

Permabanned

Sexual predators soften up thirteen year olds with criminal drug propaganda, which is sophisticated and effective, and repeated over and over until it becomes as taken for granted as a cliche.

And then knowing criminal drugs remove the sexual inhibitions of the victims, they recommend the criminal drugs to the victims, and sometimes offer the drugs themselves.

Sexual predators are highly motivated and clever, and have no concern for the welfare of their victims.

Mole

Permabanned
I like to snort powdered INFP burrowing rodents. If that makes me a psychopath, then I don't want to be an Australian... uh, I mean, an exemplary human being.

There's actually no hard switch between a 'drug' and a 'non-drug'. There are psychoactive effects in eating turkey and a cartel with a shady government lobby that goes along with peddling it. The hard and fast designations are usually promoted by people who want to control others.

We perceive by making distinctions, and the more distinctions the more we see, and the less distinctions the less we see.

By arbitrarily abolishing the distinction between drug and non drug, the less the victim sees. We blind them at the very point we wish to exploit them sexually. At the very time they need to have their eyes open, we make sure they are befuddled, all the easier to exploit.

Creating confusion, as the confusion between drug and non drug, is a classic form of hypnotic induction.

And it seems you are experienced in this form of induction, which is an excellent way of controlling others without their knowing, and without their consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.