• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Psychopathology and Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
:huh: what drugs do you need to take (if you don't mind me asking)? Some can be made for "cheap" if they're small enough, but most aren't.

This: ( couldn't find a shorter explanation)
Cystagon (Cysteamine Bitartrate): Side Effects, Interactions, Warning, Dosage & Uses
Last I knew they were $180k a year, down from $250

These one: are the same thing only intero-coated capsules.
Amazon.com: Empty Enteric Coated Capsules, 1000 pcs, Size 1, Red and White, Joined: Health & Personal Care
$250k a year.

The eye drops are the same; Cystamine mixed into saline
$6k a mo and only with a visit to the NIH out of pocket for study once a year.

The guy is a damned genius ( crazy like a fox). Almost every time I'm prescribed some expensive drug be it related to cystanosis or something more common he says. " don't waste your money on that shit." and either buys materials to compound what I need or researches and finds simple, cheaper solutions like when I had acute asthma he just suggested Magnesium which worked immediately.

Obviously this doesn't apply to everything ( I know that my Tacrolymus is expensive because it is a rare mold found only in Japan) but more than enough that there is no excuse for the prices paid or hoops jumped.

á´…eparted

passages
This: ( couldn't find a shorter explanation)
Cystagon (Cysteamine Bitartrate): Side Effects, Interactions, Warning, Dosage & Uses
Last I knew they were $180k a year, down from $250

These one: are the same thing only intero-coated capsules.
Amazon.com: Empty Enteric Coated Capsules, 1000 pcs, Size 1, Red and White, Joined: Health & Personal Care
$250k a year.

The eye drops are the same; Cystamine mixed into saline
$6 a mo and only with a visit to the NIH out of pocket for study once a year.

The guy is a damned genius ( crazy like a fox). Almost every time I'm prescribed some expensive drug be it related to cystanosis or something more common he says. " don't waste your money on that shit." and either buys materials to compound what I need or researches and finds simple, cheaper solutions like when I had acute asthma he just suggested Magnesium which worked immediately.

Obviously this doesn't apply to everything ( I know that my Tacrolymus is expensive because it is a rare mold found only in Japan) but more than enough that there is no excuse for the prices paid or hoops jumped.

ooooooh ok that makes a lot of sense then. That's also super awesome. That stuff would be piss easy to make. I could do that with my hands tied and the starting materials are dirt cheap. A. You're super lucky. and B. Your friend is a saint. World needs more people like him.

as a side note, cysteamine without the bitartarate salt will smell like death, or worse than it.

Mole

Permabanned
Learning Windows in Psychosexual Development

We have learning windows in our psychosocial development, we have windows of opportunity to learn, but once passed, the window closes.

And while this is true for our psychosocial development, it is equally true of our psychosexual development.

Our psychosexual development around about the age of thirteen consists of learning to balance our sexual desire with our inhibitions.

This is a delicate balancing act that determines our psychosexual life, and once passed can't be repeated.

The temptation is to short circuit our psychosexual development by cutting out our natural inhibitions with drugs.

Drugs do reduce our inhibitions and seem to give freedom to our desire. But the price is the short circuiting of our psychosexual development, leaving our psyches permanently immature, making the reaching of our full potential impossible.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
ooooooh ok that makes a lot of sense then. That's also super awesome. That stuff would be piss easy to make. I could do that with my hands tied and the starting materials are dirt cheap. A. You're super lucky. and B. Your friend is a saint. World needs more people like him.

as a side note, cysteamine without the bitartarate salt will smell like death, or worse than it.

He is an amazing guy. Very much a character: seems unfriendly and off-putting but has done a lot of good for everyone he knows. Also does what he can to help. My life wouldn't be the same without him. Just having to go to DC every year *shudder*

Oh it still does ( or maybe that is only in the 2.0?) Just smelling it makes people gag. It just glad it isn't liquid anymore..It was a huge problem growing up. I took the stuff often enough that it leaked out of my pores and people were super nasty because they thought I smelled bad from not bathing ( because what idiot can't tell sulfur from B.O?) the teachers didn't get it either so I'd get kicked out of class or isolated with my desk facing a corner, shoved off the bus and had to walk home or be picked up. Now I'm an adult and no one cares.

Eheh..but enough about me. Point is that is why the intro-coated version. It's supposed to help but I hear it doesn't.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I ingest caffeine daily in the form of dried leaves of camellia sinensis or fermented Coffea seeds. I may be an addict and psychosexually stunted.

Mole

Permabanned
There are two ways to interrupt the window of psychosexual development. The first is child sexual abuse where the adolescent has no time to negotiate between desire and inhibition. And so the window closes without a normal psychosexual development.

The second way to interrupt the window of psychosexual development is with drugs, and once again the psyche is left half formed, with no chance of the window opening again.

Mole

Permabanned
What is interesting is that most members approach this thread through their egos asking, does this put me in a favourable light or an unfavourable light. No members are able to see outside their own ego, they are unable to see outside their own narcissism.

And what is interesting is that this is a shared quality amongst them. It seems normal amongst them.

But it shows they are incapable of disinterested thinking, and that all their thinking is interested. So intellectual thinking is not on the agenda.

They are not embarrassed by this as it is part of their milieu.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
This reminds me of a quote: "If language was given to men to conceal their thoughts, then gesture's purpose was to disclose them". - John Napier

This is full of language, rhetoric, the narrowly defined grapsing of the tongue, but it lacks gesture and so it lacks a sincere appraisal of the larger world, seeking instead to control a story which it itself has made, avoiding any uncomfortable outliers that might shake or unsettle the narrative.

Experiences and motivations continue to differ...no matter how far the burrow is dug.

Mole

Permabanned
This reminds me of a quote: "If language was given to men to conceal their thoughts, then gesture's purpose was to disclose them". - John Napier

This is full of language, rhetoric, the narrowly defined grapsing of the tongue, but it lacks gesture and so it lacks a sincere appraisal of the larger world, seeking instead to control a story which it itself has made, avoiding any uncomfortable outliers that might shake or unsettle the narrative.

Experiences and motivations continue to differ...no matter how far the burrow is dug.

Our communication operates on two channels: what we say and how we say it.

In order to lie convincingly we need to control the two channels at once. Meryl Streep can do this and she is an outstanding actress, while the rest of us can only control one channel at a time, usually what we say rather than how we say it.

So how we say it is out of our conscious control, and so is inclined to reveal our true feelings.

This is also true of the electronic text (etext) in front of us. Almost all of us can only focus on what we say, and the tone is free to express itself out of our conscious control.

The interesting thing is that we perceive in gestalts, in wholes, so we mistake what we say as the whole. This is usually comic, and sometime can lead to tragedy.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Our communication operates on two channels: what we say and how we say it.

In order to lie convincingly we need to control the two channels at once. Meryl Streep can do this and she is an outstanding actress, while the rest of us can only control one channel at a time, usually what we say rather than how we say it.

So how we say it is out of our conscious control, and so is inclined to reveal our true feelings.

This is also true of the electronic text (etext) in front of us. Almost all of us can only focus on what we say, and the tone is free to express itself out of our conscious control.

The interesting thing is that we perceive in gestalts, in wholes, so we mistake what we say as the whole. This is usually comic, and sometime can lead to tragedy.

:thumbup:

Hence the inadequacy of a telephone call to demonstrate our intimacy, or a thread to pigeonhole a point.

And so the gestalt has become fragmented.

Mole

Permabanned
:thumbup:

Hence the inadequacy of a telephone call to demonstrate our intimacy, or a thread to pigeonhole a point.

And so the gestalt has become fragmented.

Telephone calls are actually interesting because in spite of what we might think, they work and are popular.

They work because there are two channels of communication on the phone, the spoken words and the tone in which they are spoken. So the phone in spite of appearances, does give context.

For instance, teenagers love the phone and spend hours on it talking to each other. So the warm muzzle whispering in the warm ear is intimate.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Telephone calls are actually interesting because in spite of what we might think, they work and are popular.

They work because there are two channels of communication on the phone, the spoken words and the tone in which they are spoken. So the phone in spite of appearances, does give context.

For instance, teenagers love the phone and spend hours on it talking to each other. So the warm muzzle whispering in the warm ear is intimate.

But the tone and pitch of voice is only a part, the sum of the parts is in the whole's body, it's tone, pitches and inflections.

The phone is useful, and no question; it works, but it is still part of the fractured whole and cannot be truly intimate. Not that I am getting at a luddite point, but eventually the physical muzzle requires the physical ear and vice versa.

It's about bringing into view the whole and the parts, not just the parts or the whole. A certain balance of perception.

Mole

Permabanned
What has been the collective price on humanity of ages like victorian moralism? WHat did the we gain from it? What was the legacy it left?

International organised crime needs an untaxed cash flow equal to the gross national product of some countries; and international Islamic terrorism also needs a large untaxed cash flow. Both parties fund themselves with criminal drugs.

So every time we buy or sell criminal drugs we are funding international organised crime and international Islamic terrorism.

What is fascinating is that the narcissists are able to avoid thinking about the consequences for others.

Mole

Permabanned
What has been the collective price on humanity of ages like victorian moralism? WHat did the we gain from it? What was the legacy it left?

Queen Victoria had nine children who married the royalty and nobility of Europe leading to Queen Victoria being called the grandmother of Europe.

The reign of Queen Victoria gave us the industrial revolution, the British Empire, and today the British Commonwealth of Nations, comprising 52 sovereign States in voluntary association.

Can you imagine 52 sovereign States entering a voluntary association called the Commonwealth of the United States of America? Of course not. The irony is that Americans want to be loved but are not. So Americans double down and are deaf to irony. Who can blame them?

We loved the British Empire and as a boy I dressed as a Grenadier Guard. And after Britain was exhausted after fighting for civilisation in WW II, Australia gave Britain, free and clear, one billion dollars, while the Americans made exhausted Britain pay off its war debt right up to the present century.

And at this end of the British Empire we never forget that the USA cut the throat of the British Empire at Suez in 1956.

But still, in 1999 all of Australia, except for one small territory, voted to keep the granddaughter of Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth, as Queen of Australia.

International organised crime needs an untaxed cash flow equal to the gross national product of some countries; and international Islamic terrorism also needs a large untaxed cash flow. Both parties fund themselves with criminal drugs.

So every time we buy or sell criminal drugs we are funding international organised crime and international Islamic terrorism.

What is fascinating is that the narcissists are able to avoid thinking about the consequences for others.

If you legalize it, that argument goes away. You have switched your argument from arguing against the thing itself to arguing against the secondary effects. Secondly, the flip side of that coin is not so pretty and I think you are aware of that. For example, by your logic buying an iPhone means your tacitly support child labor. These issues are not so easy or pretty when you dig beneath the surface, but going forward I think we can move in the direction of eliminating the abuses that often can occur in these situations. One example in America is the harsher sentencing for minorities with drug crimes compared to whites for the same crime. So you see, for me this is an issue that looks beyond my own interests to those of others, it is just taking into consideration some factors that you did not include.

Mole

Permabanned
If you legalize it, that argument goes away. You have switched your argument from arguing against the thing itself to arguing against the secondary effects. Secondly, the flip side of that coin is not so pretty and I think you are aware of that. For example, by your logic buying an iPhone means your tacitly support child labor. These issues are not so easy or pretty when you dig beneath the surface, but going forward I think we can move in the direction of eliminating the abuses that often can occur in these situations. One example in America is the harsher sentencing for minorities with drug crimes compared to whites for the same crime. So you see, for me this is an issue that looks beyond my own interests to those of others, it is just taking into consideration some factors that you did not include.

We know that those suffering from a mental illness medicate their symptoms with drugs. This has the effect of not dealing with the illness. This enables the illness to continue and worsen.

And we know a large number take drugs to hide their sexual inhibitions. And as our psychosexual development depends on negotiating a balance between desire and inhibition, we fail the window of opportunity to achieve a mature balance between our desire and our inhibition.

And it is this immaturity that feeds our cultural narcissism.

á´…eparted

passages
We know that those suffering from a mental illness medicate their symptoms with drugs. This has the effect of not dealing with the illness. This enables the illness to continue and worsen.

And we know a large number take drugs to hide their sexual inhibitions. And as our psychosexual development depends on negotiating a balance between desire and inhibition, we fail the window of opportunity to achieve a mature psychosexual development.

And it is this immaturity that feeds our cultural narcissism.

This is really offensive and belittling to those with mental illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.