• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Intuition and Sensing, caught in the middle?

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hi, thanks to anyone that shows interest. I am writing this because as I have worked on trying to figure out my type in hopes of learning some things about myself and hopefully improving myself, the one part that usually catches me up is, sensor or intuitive. I know it may seem silly, but I do feel that I am caught in the middle, having some obvious sensor qualities and intuitive qualities. An explanation of this, is that either a third sensing or intuitive function is making it's presence known. This probably could be it. I am wondering others who have struggled with this would say or maybe not a lot of people have? Anyways, thanks again and I know this sounds silly, but any tips for figuring out which one you are?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi, thanks to anyone that shows interest. I am writing this because as I have worked on trying to figure out my type in hopes of learning some things about myself and hopefully improving myself, the one part that usually catches me up is, sensor or intuitive. I know it may seem silly, but I do feel that I am caught in the middle, having some obvious sensor qualities and intuitive qualities. An explanation of this, is that either a third sensing or intuitive function is making it's presence known. This probably could be it. I am wondering others who have struggled with this would say or maybe not a lot of people have? Anyways, thanks again and I know this sounds silly, but any tips for figuring out which one you are?

Take a functions test.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Take a functions test.

Thanks for the response. Is there a particular functions test you would recommend. Thanks again.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If reading material will help, the source that helped me most to resolve this was the basic "Gifts Differing" by Meyers. In its side-by-side of S and N, it talked a lot about sensing as a style of learning as opposed to just sticking with the stuff about tradition and routine that many don't relate to. It was vindicating.

Permabanned
ur obviously a unique snow flake, who can't simply be boxed by typology.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
If reading material will help, the source that helped me most to resolve this was the basic "Gifts Differing" by Meyers. In its side-by-side of S and N, it talked a lot about sensing as a style of learning as opposed to just sticking with the stuff about tradition and routine that many don't relate to. It was vindicating.

I should look into that myself! I tend to think abstractly by default, but I feel I may be more "tactile" in how I learn, meaning things have to have some level of reality for me to relate them to other understandings I know. I could just be an abstract thinking sensor :)

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp

Thank you so much!

- - - Updated - - -

This test will be good for comparison purposes.
Myers-Briggs: Are You Sensing Or Intuitive? | BrainFall

Great, thank you so much for the help!

- - - Updated - - -

This one Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Thank you again!

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
ur obviously a unique snow flake, who can't simply be boxed by typology.

Hahaha, thank you for recognizing my unique beauty, guilty as charged!