• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Introverts, do you relate?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
normal_1907970333.jpg

Extroverts, what say you?

Does the image above show a valid concern about the value of things people say when they talk too much?
Or, is it just an annoying ego booster for someone with a "special introverted snowflake" syndrome?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am more of a ambivert than real introvert.

For me this can happen but with both introverts and extroverts ... it all depends on what the person is saying and how they act.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The creator of the image probably holds their own ideas in too high regard.

That said, sometimes I can relate. An eager salesman repeating his oneliners over and over again instead of giving me time to think. Arrgghh!

Last edited:
MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am a quiet and "lonely extrovert". I love to listen more than speak generally speaking and I'm a good advisor as people feel directly intimate with my presence.

I am the one who will push things further to know what I call "inner truths". I generally don't attract many "extreme extroverts", my depth don't move them.

Also, let's not forget those "extreme extroverts" are most of the time very young or immature.
With time, they need to work on their energies so that they could channel them (it seems I know what I'm talking about!).

Let's break the préjugés that all extroverts are some shallow /always ready to party people, like all introverts aren't geeks, addicted to books or socio-phobic.

Like everything else this has more to do with self-consciousness:sage: I know some introverts who enjoy going out regularly in pubs and concerts, whereas I do enjoy museums,

watching movies, and relaxing times.

Stergios

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I am kinda introvert myself, but reading the tag in the image it seems like the person who wrote that is quite arrogant.
Usually i love having dialogues i'm just not very good at starting one.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
My brain aches when extroverts get comfortable around be because that seldom happens and I don't know what to do to follow their rhythm. It also depends on the extrovert surrounding me. Most of them are great, I can't stand loud people in general. I can't say much about it because when I'm with my friends, I talk a lot, sometimes don't even let others talk... not so much due to the pleasure of speaking but because my mind goes fast and I don't want my friends to miss details of what's going inside of my head.

mystik_INFJ

Permabanned

Totes. I figured out what being an extrovert is all about. It's about masking your insecurities with static (also known as small talk). Being alone with your thoughts must be the scariest thing for an extrovert. I appreciate some quietness even when out on a date or hanging out. It's nice to have a second of silence to rest the mind and switch ideas or just to reflect on what was just discussed.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i agree that the creator comes across as arrogant... for me it depends on what has them "excited"... so yes, with reservations...

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ok CC; if I interpret your video, you mean you often feel the urge to shut someone up, just like the hero in my original image.

Do you feel yourself a bit bad over wishing this, or have you completely internalized the idea that shutting people up is a good thing, and moreover, you should be the dictator in this matter?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Ok CC; if I interpret your video, you mean you often feel the urge to shut someone up, just like the hero in my original image.

Do you feel yourself a bit bad over wishing this,

Nope

or have you completely internalized the idea that shutting people up is a good thing,

It's totally dependent on the situation and discussion but I don't have a problem saying - don't speak.

and moreover, you should be the dictator in this matter?

I'm an enneagram 8 - dictator is in our top 5 career choices. But I strive to be much better than that. That doesn't mean I have unlimited tolerance in situations where there are so.many.words. I also prefer written communication to verbal, this may be part of the reason.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Ok cool, I can understand you from what you said, thank you.

That said, I'm situationally the blabbermouth, and situationally the annoyed quiet one. I'm more for situational understanding than anything general myself. I'm trying to catch the best understanding of the situations to form an understanding of trends, though.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It depends on what they are talking about. My extroversion varies so at times, like [MENTION=29251]mystik_INFJ[/MENTION] said, I feel like they are not comfortable with silence and just talk to fill the void, get way too loud and that gets incredibly annoying. Some extroverts are "softer" though. Other times I feel more chatty and I don't mind as much. I don't know, the substance / depth of conversations and my level of annoyance may be related to my 4 wing too.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't mind people talking a lot. Usually it's good because then I don't have to talk. Unless it's someone I'm comfortable around, I listen more than I talk.

That being said, there are times when people won't shut up and I'm trying to get somewhere. I just find an opportunity to excuse myself and go.

But the picture in the OP is describing a specific situation where you're friends with an extrovert. Not a stranger, not some passerby.

So, no, not really. I actually talk a fuck ton too and I'm sure I annoy my friends with how much I overshare. And there are times when I need to take a step back and relax alone, but that's hardly ever mid-conversation. On rare occasions I'll get sensory overload and people's voices along with various other sounds and happenings around me make me anxious and panicky, but that's not too often.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I give zero fucks about people socializing around me or if even I socialize with people. It is only after a certain time period that I feel I must retreat in order to recharge and think about the things I've experienced on that day, and it is through solitary activities that I can become sane again.

Rouskyrie

Personally, no. I don't relate. It doesn't bother me at all if someone is constantly talking, because I enjoy conversation and listening to what someone has to say, regardless of what its importance may be. However, prolonged silence does bother me a little. Which, since I'm an introvert probably sounds odd to say.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, not at all. I'm happy that they are comfortable. I like it when people open up.

Generalist

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
When I have met really extroverted people, they just talk about themselves all the time or their opinions. I had a friend who I think really liked having me around because I would just listen to him ramble on about himself and tell stories of his glory days. Even though I suppose I consider myself an introvert at core, I have had a couple people tell me they think I am actually extroverted and I have found that I can actually be energized by interacting with people. People can actually be really interesting if you take the time to get to know them and ask at least a few questions. I also have been guilty of rambling and trapping people who are too nice to stop me from rambling and just pretend to listen to me. Maybe extroverts spend so much time keeping things to themselves for so long they can't wait to have people listen to them. The introverts can be as bad as the extroverts.

Enneagram
9w1
If im not expected to follow everything said and can just listen, the I am fine with an extravert talking alot, and alot of the time find them entertaining and interesting. Otherwise yes its bothersome as hell.