• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How the eff are you judgemental?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
most people are judgemental but usually in a specific way. it's a human flaw that most of us have. I do believe it is taught to an extent, although i do think there is some innate biases in all of us.

for me

i have a tendency to think "what are they complaining about it's not that big of a deal" for example in one of my classes we have to use an iclicker and a class mate asked me about it and i was like yeah it's for attendance it doesn't matter if you get the answers right or wrong. and he goes this sucks. I didn't say anything but i was like in my head "what's the big deal you already bought it and it's literally pushing a button" he already had the clicker. not to mention the professor was like if you have an old one used for a different class. give me the number and i'll register it for you so you don't have to pay to re-register it.

yes i realize i'm a hypocrite because there are times i feel like something's a huge deal and people are going it's not a big deal and it probably isn't.

or if someone is like i dunno if i should date this person and it's been concluded that they like that person and that person likes them and neither is in a relationship with someone else. i'm just like i see no reason for them not to date.

or that person is not going to think my problems matter or understand them so i'm not gonna tell them, and this is people who say they want to know. not me going up to a person on a park bench and thinking this. I know that person doesn't care about my problems.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I judge people who seem erratic/impulsive, who base most things off their emotions... not that these things are necessarily negative, but they do elicit an automatic response from me.

Also, I tend to judge anything that seems too idyllic, normal.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I judge all of the time, though I view this as a negative thing about myself so I am always trying not to, trying to tell myself not to / that I shouldn't, that it's unfair, I'm not being nice, all of these other things, attempt to shift perspective to be more 'zen', but it still happens. I'm pretty sure I know why it happens/ triggers for it, and it's usually my own mental state, but yeah.

Like in my job - I'll judge people based on how they treat others, how they're talking to other people, how high maintenance and particular they are in terms of what they order, they get automatic negative points if they order frappucinos (lol), and so on. ;) Yes, I'm incredibly aware of how petty some of this is, but after I've been on the job for hours it just happens and if I am tired or cranky there's this running commentary in my head about a certain % of the customers. I know it's terrible. :blush:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I judge people who seem erratic/impulsive, who base most things off their emotions... not that these things are necessarily negative, but they do elicit an automatic response from me.

Also, I tend to judge anything that seems too idyllic, normal.
of course i judge people for judging me for stuff like this. so don't worry some of those people are judging you right back :D

I judge all of the time, though I view this as a negative thing about myself so I am always trying not to, trying to tell myself not to / that I shouldn't, that it's unfair, I'm not being nice, all of these other things, attempt to shift perspective to be more 'zen', but it still happens. I'm pretty sure I know why it happens/ triggers for it, and it's usually my own mental state, but yeah.

Like in my job - I'll judge people based on how they treat others, how they're talking to other people, how high maintenance and particular they are in terms of what they order, they get automatic negative points if they order frappucinos (lol), and so on. ;) Yes, I'm incredibly aware of how petty some of this is, but after I've been on the job for hours it just happens and if I am tired or cranky there's this running commentary in my head about a certain % of the customers. I know it's terrible. :blush:

yes i notice the longer i'm out running errands the more tired i get the less tolerance i have for people blocking my way and being oblvious and just holding things up because they want 0.5 cents off of something and it's like "jesus christ I'll give you nickle if you'll shut up so i can check out and go home" yay if they except :dry: if they go oh but it's the principle of it no the coupon was expired get the fuck over it you bitch.I imagine it's 10 times worse working at a coffee shop.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
of course i judge people for judging me for stuff like this. so don't worry some of those people are judging you right back :D

yes i notice the longer i'm out running errands the more tired i get the less tolerance i have for people blocking my way and being oblvious and just holding things up because they want 0.5 cents off of something and it's like "jesus christ I'll give you nickle if you'll shut up so i can check out and go home" yay if they except :dry: if they go oh but it's the principle of it no the coupon was expired get the fuck over it you bitch.I imagine it's 10 times worse working at a coffee shop.

haha yeah I can relate

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol nice. Not necessarily you though. I have had a few people who seem to just go do what they want, don't think of the consequences, and then others have to deal with the aftermath...so I have become a bit wary of people who don't seem consistent.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i judge, but it creates more of an understanding as opposed to a path of action. the understanding combined with other judgements for understanding all combine to choose my path of action.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I admit to being out to get entitled people whenever I run across them... I will actively try to find a way to undermine them because that attitude's fucking obnoxious and it needs to go asap :2ar15:

I will also judge people who make a big fuss over little things, like chickenz already mentioned... I've actually handed the cashier the petty amounts of cash that people were haggling over in the grocery store line on many occasions just to get them to leave (and hopefully to make them feel like an ass... though probably not if they're going to be such total twats)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I judge people who use their negative emotions actively from other sources towards me or people who weren't involved in the matter. It's so immature.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i judge, but it creates more of an understanding as opposed to a path of action. the understanding combined with other judgements for understanding all combine to choose my path of action.

^ I was going to say this, it's more of analyzing the person (subconsciously most of the time) then dealing with them according to what I suppose to be the right approach, more of understanding than lack of acceptance..
I also find myself often judging actions rather than people..

Lark

I dont think there's anything wrong with judgementalism, I think its a good thing, people should be more judgemental and talk about it.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp

^ I was going to say this, it's more of analyzing the person (subconsciously most of the time) then dealing with them according to what I suppose to be the right approach, more of understanding than lack of acceptance..
I also find myself often judging actions rather than people..

btw i never specified people vs action in the op. i left that open ended. because even if you don't judge people you still judge action which is still being judgemental.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I dont think there's anything wrong with judgementalism, I think its a good thing, people should be more judgemental and talk about it.

People who had the ism suffix on to everything in the universe, yeah, I'm judging you.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I judge people who don't do their homework.

I judge people who don't wash their hands after petting/handling animals before touching other things.

I also HEAVILY judge people who are anything other than 100% sweet and kind and patient with service industry employees. I don't care if we're in the drive thru, you say thank you to that employee, you fucking fuck. And you acknowledge them if they say "how are you" before you start ordering, even if it's just a quick "fine."

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I fail to see what is wrong with judgment, under the presumption that it is constructive. (no one really needs authentic drama)

However people tend to get defensive around me. I understand this but I really see no need for that, instead we are both just going to place our cards on the table and see what we really got.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I fail to see what is wrong with judgment, under the presumption that it is constructive. (no one really needs authentic drama)
that becomes criticism. i guess what i meant by judgement is you meet/see a person they are doing/wearing something you don't like you know nothing of the situation other than what you see and based on that one small action/item decide that they are a horrible person or what have you. it's making a conclusion based on very limited data.

criticism is in fact positive long term.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
that becomes criticism. i guess what i meant by judgement is you meet/see a person they are doing/wearing something you don't like you know nothing of the situation other than what you see and based on that one small action/item decide that they are a horrible person or what have you. it's making a conclusion based on very limited data.

criticism is in fact positive long term.

Ok, actually peoples clothing style and similar small stuff will never provoke me in that way. It has to be something more practical for me to feel that I am "provoked" to respond. What many actualy find to be quite arrogant position to hold: How dare you to find me not wrong or controversial !?

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know but a perfect example of my judging someone was my co-worker bitching about his girlfriend and how little she works.

Me: "Does she pay her share of rent, bills?"

Him: "Yeah"

Me: "What's the problem?"

Him: "She works for her family and they pay her very well to do nothing"

Me: "So you're jealous?"

Him: "No. Not that. Doesn't anyone believe in hard work anymore? I work my ass off and she's at the beach today. She's lazy"

Me: "Would you rather have her get paid the same amount for more work? Not sure I understand your complaint. Sounds like a good job. They hiring?"

----

I judge people who do that. Makes problems where there isn't ones. The types of people you can't win with. People who go out of their way to not be satisfied.

AKA: Debbie Downers

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I don't know but a perfect example of my judging someone was my co-worker bitching about his girlfriend and how little she works.

Me: "Does she pay her share of rent, bills?"

Him: "Yeah"

Me: "What's the problem?"

Him: "She works for her family and they pay her very well to do nothing"

Me: "So you're jealous?"

Him: "No. Not that. Doesn't anyone believe in hard work anymore? I work my ass off and she's at the beach today. She's lazy"

Me: "Would you rather have her get paid the same amount for more work? Not sure I understand your complaint. Sounds like a good job. They hiring?"

----

I judge people who do that. Makes problems where there isn't ones. The types of people you can't win with. People who go out of their way to not be satisfied.

AKA: Debbie Downers

but they have cupcakes