• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do some people hold themselves this way? really serious?

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've just sort of come to notice that certain people have traits or tendencies that make me feel a little leery and usually now as well that these can at times be little signs that make give way to certain kinds of people that should be avoid perhaps. But one thing I've noticed in particular where I live that I haven't noticed anywhere else (since cultures and social norms are a better different everwhere) is like...this weird super intense serious thing, were they're are almost straining themselves and holding themselves really hard? I would hesitate to use the term anal retentive but I feel that's what it is sort of. It's like anal retentive, and they all have the same looks in their eyes where they're looking at everything with laser focus but all the time and they are super focused and in the present with everything. What is this? they weird me out and I just want to tell them to take a chill pill. It's like they're looking at everything really hard.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sometimes I think some of them are like N's who are trying to be more in the present and moment all of the time because they were told it was wrong and thus focus on the present all the time because it's wrong to daydream or to think too much and not be in expectance with 'what is' and also I have noticed that many of these people, the reason I avoid them is I find that they expect you to be as serious as they are all of the time, and it's like they try to out serious each other in trying to prove who is more serious/angry when talking but also repressed. Like, they'll be talking and then try to discuss things but always with a tone of strict seriousness and repressiveness in a sense that they are all sure they speak or talk in whatever they think is the proper way. And also like, I have noticed that even a lot of people who sort of have long hair and are hippie-ish are like that. It's so lame when those types of people are like staunch right wing conservatives or something. Like, wtf? but a lot of them are.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I feel that's what it is sort of. It's like anal retentive, and they all have the same looks in their eyes where they're looking at everything with laser focus but all the time and they are super focused and in the present with everything. What is this? they weird me out and I just want to tell them to take a chill pill. It's like they're looking at everything really hard.

Where did you borrow the "anal retentive" expression from ? I look at everything really hard myself but I don't see the point with anal :whew: :huh:

:fullload:

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Where did you borrow the "anal retentive" expression from ? I look at everything really hard myself but I don't see the point with anal :whew: :huh:

:fullload:

Because they are so serious and intense to the point where I don't know, they give me the heebie jeebies simply because I have had bad experiences in the past with them too. I mean in a sense that they usually don't like me, and get really angry at me.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can't be healthy to be so "anal retentive"

Has to weigh on them. Never loosening up..

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
have had bad experiences in the past with them too. I mean in a sense that they usually don't like me, and get really angry at me.

What are those bad experiences ? If you wish to explain... They probably don't like you because they may feel your rejecting vibes towards them.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Because they are so serious and intense to the point where I don't know, they give me the heebie jeebies simply because I have had bad experiences in the past with them too. I mean in a sense that they usually don't like me, and get really angry at me.

Why don't you ask them? Because if you talk to them like you talk to us, it's completely understandable.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What are those bad experiences ? If you wish to explain... They probably don't like you because they may feel your rejecting vibes towards them.

I know right, maybe it's all in my head and I'm just imagining everything else and the rest of society's or others individual's actions they take towards you never has any repercussion whatsoever right? everything is always a figment of my imagination, or whoever observes anything about the world or others.

just a figment of my imagination.

Maybe this thread isn't really happening and you replying to it is your own sense that people care about what you're opinions are when probably you just don't realize how empty everything you say is.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know right, maybe it's all in my head and I'm just imagining everything else and the rest of society's or others individual's actions they take towards you never has any repercussion whatsoever right? everything is always a figment of my imagination, or whoever observes anything about the world or others.

just a figment of my imagination.

Maybe this thread isn't really happening and you replying to it is your own sense that people care about what you're opinions are when probably you just don't realize how empty everything you say is.

Just your dream/// But, fortunately for me, your dream (or your nightmare) isn't my dream :whistling:

Lark

Stoner thinks everyone who isnt stoned has a problem.

Nothing to see here, nothing new at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Just your dream/// But, fortunately for me, your dream (or your nightmare) isn't my dream :whistling:

Do you think, you know, it'll pay his bills?