• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why do you have deficit of self-esteem?

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
My low self esteem manifests in bombastic or self-destructive behavior. Only through the behavior have I traced the problem back to self esteem, though I don't seem to have low self esteem and I don't feel it. I have ADD to the max and it has always been hard for me to be smarter than the large majority of people that I have come into contact with while being logistically retarded. I have had my room key remade 4 times in the past 6 months. My car key 4 times as well. I've been pulled over 12 times and I'm 20 years old. Poor driving is often a sign of ADD. I can't focus enough to get anything done, even read, but I'm very hungry for knowledge. I frequently drive much farther than I should and am forced to turn around because I am so physically detached. When sensors talk to me, I become frustrated quickly. I have avoided them my entire life, dismissing them as less intelligent or incapable of following my speech. I did notice some Sensors being incredible artists. I knew that their intelligence wasn't missing, it was only placed somewhere differently than mine. They were SP's though. I STILL can't find the silver lining in SJ's. Kidding.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Why so many people on this forum have this problem?

So, why people have problems with low self-esteem?

People can get caught in a trap of comparing their real selves against their ideal selves, never realizing that the ideal is unattainable.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
People can get caught in a trap of comparing their real selves against their ideal selves, never realizing that the ideal is unattainable.
Bingo. I kept saying things like I have to "fix, improve" myself as if there was anything "wrong, default" in me in the first place. It's as if the fact that human beings were not morally perfect, selfless by nature etc had never been familiar to me before.
Yep, I don't mean to sound like the stereotypical "ex -X preacher"
(example=> I used to do drugs but now..etc.)
But yeah it really does make life that much easier.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Bingo. I kept saying things like I have to "fix, improve" myself as if there was anything "wrong, default" in me in the first place. It's as if the fact that human beings were not morally perfect, selfless by nature etc had never been familiar to me before.

This is a very damaging cycle to get caught in. Reality will rarely ever meet eye-to-eye with your ideal. And while the ideal is something good to strive for, realize that you'll never actually cross that finish line.

Yep, I don't mean to sound like the stereotypical "ex -X preacher"

You don't. :)

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is a very damaging cycle to get caught in. Reality will rarely ever meet eye-to-eye with your ideal. And while the ideal is something good to strive for, realize that you'll never actually cross that finish line.

"Cross that finish line" was probably the wrong choice of words. :p