12311 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Default What's with Social Justice Warriors?

Okay, I thought that at first this was sort of, or perhaps maybe a dig at anyone sort of caring or having concern for the greater world and the prevailing social issues and causes; but in actuallity it feels like it's kind of an elevated sense of caring and more then anything a term to describe people who are really self rightious and have a sense of being holier then thou kind of thing? and indignatly not only preach but use the same measuring stick to size everyone else up that doesn't fit their mandate of future change? (whatever that may be) Seriously, I was talking to this vegetarian and he wouldn't even associate with people who ate meat and if you had anything to do with big business (shopped at them ever or happen to work at one) then he wouldn't again associate and actually despise and dislike you. (or just any company that doesn't support organic/fair trade etc all that stuff) if you didn't happen to know but then assuming based on how you speak or talk. It seems really hypocrtical as well.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Seriously, I was talking to this vegetarian and he wouldn't even associate with people who ate meat and if you had anything to do with big business (shopped at them ever or happen to work at one) then he wouldn't again associate and actually despise and dislike you. .
    Just throw such waste in the trash. There is no need to fill your life with such garbage. The next time you see this person, kindly dispose of him.

Permabanned
    Socionics
    SLI

Wow, it's almost like they're religious fundies of some sort.
    Likes Doctor Anaximander, Blackout liked this post

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

people need to feel useful

Permabanned

Social Justice covers a multitude of sins.

Social Justice for instance is part of the time honoured social teachings of the Catholic Church.

So Social Justice has included the prohibition of usury, and the opposition to capitalism; it has included the support of fascism, and the opposition to liberal democracy.

Of course the words Social Justice are meant to confuse and mislead the naive and the ignorant.

And although we have a world class judicial system in Oz, we have not one court which dispenses Social Justice.

So we might well say, Social Justice is the kind of justice we have when we are not having any justice.
    Likes MisteurFox liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Social justice is supposed to be about fighting for social equality, but people went overboard. Now there's a witchhunt for people who say/do one thing that can be interpreted as problematic while not addressing actual important issues. It's like people don't care about fixing problems as much as they care about not looking bad.

johari
    nohari
    Likes Reborn Relic, fetus liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    Social justice is supposed to be about fighting for social equality, but people went overboard. Now there's a witchhunt for people who say/do one thing that can be interpreted as problematic while not addressing actual important issues. It's like people don't care about fixing problems as much as they care about not looking bad.
    The Wealth of Nations first published in 1776 by the Scottish Economist and Moral Philosopher, Adam Smith, showed how nations became wealthy through the charging of interest on capital.

Adam Smith showed that private greed led to public prosperity. And my country is evidence of this.

However Social Justice opposed the charging of interest on capital and called it usury.

However over the last 20 years two hundred and fifty million Chinese have moved from poverty to prosperity by the charging of interest on capital, not by Social Justice.

So Social Justice flies in the face of the economic evidence over 350 years; and Social Justice is motivated by lowest and meanest of feelings called ressentiment.

And the dirty secret is that those who are attracted to Social Justice are in thrall to ressentiment.
    Likes Xann liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    Well it's really ironic because it negatively effects free speech which is really undemocratic and is not really supportive of equality or anything like that. I mean, I just can't get over how hypocritcal they are. I see all these people now who pretend to be hipsters or alternative who scream foul at every corner, and always trump their causes and whatever supposed facts or knowledge they learned from their liberal arts degrees but yet they turn around and are the most judgemental and shallow people. I just don't get it, wtf! What are they seriously hoping or trying to accomplish here? it just makes no sense. II

If the alternative is smoking up as much drugs as you can, getting into a confused state and posting in a confused but aggrieved state online, hoping that strangers are going to see things the way you do, well, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    The Wealth of Nations first published in 1776 by the Scottish Economist and Moral Philosopher, Adam Smith, showed how nations became wealthy through the charging of interest on capital.

Adam Smith showed that private greed led to public prosperity. And my country is evidence of this.

However Social Justice opposed the charging of interest on capital and called it usury.

However over the last 20 years two hundred and fifty million Chinese have moved from poverty to prosperity by the charging of interest on capital, not by Social Justice.

So Social Justice flies in the face of the economic evidence over 350 years; and Social Justice is motivated by lowest and meanest of feelings called ressentiment.

And the dirty secret is that those who are attracted to Social Justice are in thrall to ressentiment.
    I expect you have citations on all this to share.

Also, have you read Wealth of Nations? Its just I have, and The Theory of Moral Sentiments, and it does not say what you say it does.