• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why Shame Is Your Friend

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
3 Reasons Why Shame is Your Friend

1. Shame Indicates Your Vulnerabilities
2. Shame Deflates Your Ego
3. The Back-Handed Compliment (shame means you're not a psychopath, which is always a good thing).

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I find this to be the military construct of personal development. You have to break down the ego into nothing and rebuild it in your image. I don't find it to be the path to authenticity and personal enlightenment, but the most efficient path to conformity. My profession is teaching and I will not ever shame a student - ever. Even if they don't practice or fib to me about stuff.

If other people want to use it for their development, that's their prerogative. I have no use for it because I don't value the processes that apply it, and I don't value the results it gets.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read the article. It is basically saying that shame has advantages. To feel it means something, what?

Same with sadness and anger.

These aren't only negative or positive alone but how they are used and translated by the individual for purposes of introspection and growth.

I support that.

Whether shame is used by others for *their* purposes is another matter.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's what you do with it that counts. Do you wallow in it, or do you take a look at yourself and determine where to go from there?

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
That's kinda misleading

Shame can be good or bad.
It's about what triggers it,
That's that.

- - - Updated - - -

That's kinda misleading