• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IQ: Psychologist Test for Verbal Insight

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
give me more brain tests.

As you wish...

This is a test given by Psychologist's to ascertain:

Verbal Insight

1. Prisoner: A prisoner was attempting to escape from a tower. He found in his cell a rope, which was half long enough to permit him to reach the ground safely. He divided the rope in half and tied the two parts together and escaped. How could he have done this?

2. Hole: How can you cut a hole in a 3 x 5 card that is big enough for you to put your head through?

3. Twins: Marsha and Marjorie were born on the same day of the same month of the same year to the same mother and the same father - yet they are not twins. How is that possible?

4. Children:. Three women - Joan, Dana, and Sandy - have among them three children - Sam, Traci, and David. Sam likes to play with Dana's son. Sandy occasionally baby-sits for Joan's children. Who is Traci's mother?

5. Basketball: Our basketball team won a game last week by the score of 73-49, and yet not even one man on our team scored as much as a single point. How is that possible?

6. Pile: A child playing on the beach has 6 sand piles in one area and 3 in another. If he put them all together, how many sand piles would he have?

7. Dancing: Three couples went together to a party. One woman was dressed in red, one in green, and one in blue. Each man was wearing one of these colors. When all three couples were dancing, the man in red was dancing with the woman in blue. "Isn't it funny Christine, not one of us is dancing with a partner dressed in the same color." Think about the man who is dancing with the woman in red. What color is he wearing?

8. Coin: One archaeologist reported finding a Roman coin with Julius Caesar's image on it, dated 21 B.C. Another archaeologist correctly asserted that the find was a fraud. Why?

9. Widow: Is it legal for a man to marry his widow's sister? Why or why not?

10. Box: What was Lewis Carroll talking about in this poem? John gave his brother James a box: About it there were many locks. James woke and said it gave him pain; So he gave it back to John again. The box was not with lid supplied, Yet caused two lids to open wide. And all these locks had never a key - What kind of box, then, could it be?

11. Words: Rearrange the following patterns to make familiar words:
runghy
flymia
mulcica
dornev
lendraca

12. Flash:. The legendary runner Flash Fleetfoot was so fast that his friends said he could turn off the light switch and jump into bed before the room got dark. On one occasion Flash proved he could do it. How?

13. Plums: A farmer in California owns a beautiful pear tree. He supplies the fruit to a nearby grocery store. The store owner has called the farmer to see how much fruit is available for him to purchase. The farmer knows that the main trunk has 24 branches. Each branch has exactly 6 twigs. Since each twig bears one piece of fruit, how many plums will the farmer be able to deliver?

14. Christmas: In what year did Christmas and New Year's fall in the same year?

15.: How many cubic centimeters of dirt are in a hole 6 meters long, 2 meters wide and one meter deep?

16. Captain: Captain Scott was out for a walk when it started to rain. He did not have an umbrella and he wasn't wearing a hat. His clothes were soaked yet not a hair on his head got wet. How could this happen?

17. Invention” There is an ancient invention still used in parts of the worlds today that allows people to see through walls. What is it?

18. Rock: If you drop a rock, would it fall more rapidly through water at 40 degrees Fahrenheit or 20 degrees Fahrenheit? Why?

19. Mr. Shadow: Mr. Shadow opened the door to Dr Apple's office and surveyed the scene. Dr Apple's head lay on her desk in a pool of blood. On the floor to her right lay a gun. There were powder burns on her right temple indicating that she was shot at close range. On her desk was a suicide note and in her right hand the pen that had written it. Mr. Shadow noted that death had occurred in the past hour. He also realized that it had not been a suicide but a clear case of murder. How does Mr. Shadow know?

20. Married: A man who lived in a small town in the United States married 20 different women of the same town. All are still living and he never divorced any of them. In this town polygamy is unlawful; yet he has broken no law. How is this possible?

21. Coffee:. One morning a woman's earring fell into a cup that was filled with coffee, yet her earring did not get wet. How could this be?

22. Feathers: Paul is carrying a pillow case full of feathers. Mark is carrying three pillow cases the same size as Paul's, yet Mark’s load is lighter. How can this be?

23. Magician:. A magician claimed to be able to throw a ping pong ball so that is would go a short distance, come to a dead stop, and then reverse itself. He also added that he would not bounce the ball against any object or tie anything to it. How could he perform this feat?

24. Superpsychic: A famous superpsychic could tell the score of any baseball game before it starts. What was his secret?

25. Calendars: Calendars made in England do not show Lincoln's birthday. Do these calendars show the fourth of July? Explain.

26. Fishing: Two mothers and two daughters were fishing. They managed to catch one big fish, one small fish, and one fat fish. Since only three fish were caught how is it possible that each woman had her own fish?

27. Unlisted: There is a town in Northern Ontario where 5% of all the people living in the town have unlisted phone numbers. If you selected 100 names at random from the town's phone directory, on average, how many of these people selected would have unlisted phone numbers?

28. Safari: While on safari in the wild jungles of Africa, Professor White woke one morning and felt something in the back pocket of her shorts. It had a head and a tail but no legs. When White got up she could feel it move inside her pocket. White however showed little concern and went about her morning rituals. Why such a casual attitude toward the thing in her pocket?

29. Professor: Professor Bumble, who is getting on in years is growing absent minded. On the way to a lecture one day he went through a red light and turned down a one way street in the wrong direction. A policeman observed the entire scene but did nothing about it. How could Professor Bumble get away with such behaviour?

30. Window washer: A window washer was cleaning the windows of a high rise building when he slipped and fell off a sixty-foot ladder onto the concrete sidewalk below. Incredibly he did not injure himself in any way. How was this possible?

31. Boat: If a boat, at low tide, has 6 of its 12 ladder steps in the water. How many ladder steps will be in the water a high tide?

32. Saint Ives: While I was traveling to Saint Ives, I met a man with 7 wives, the 7 wives had 7 sacks, and the 7 sacks had 7 cats, the 7 cats had 7 kittens. Kittens, Cats, Sacks, Wives, how many were going to Saint Ives?

33. Jail: A man goes to visit another man in jail, the guard tells the visitor that only family members are allowed to visit inmates, the visitor declares " brothers, sisters I have none, but that man's father is my father's son." Who is the visitor?

34. Whoever: Whoever makes it doesn't use it, whoever buys it doesn't want it and whoever uses it doesn't know it?

35. Car accident: A father and his son get in a car accident. The father is sent to one hospital, and the son is sent to another. When the doctor comes in to operate on the son, the doctor says, "I cannot operate on him. He is my son." How can that be?

36. Reading: Solve: |r|e|a|d|i|n|g|

37. Eternity: What is at the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space. The beginning of every end, the end of every place.

38. Months: How many months have twenty-eight days in them?

39. Gears: Professor Gray was driving along in her old car when suddenly it shifted gears by itself. She paid no attention and kept on driving. Why wasn't she concerned?

40. Cabin: Erin stumbles across an abandoned cabin one cold, dark and snowy night. Inside the cabin is a kerosene lantern, a candle, and wood in a fireplace. She only has one match. What should she light first?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Most of these are pretty lame, though I really like 37. It was in a poetry book I had as a child.

(And I wonder where Aaron suddenly came from in the answer to Q22 . . . )

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i'm only part way done because they're mowing the lawn but so far i got 5-7 and 9 right i'm on 12 and i can't concentrate because of the lawn stuff.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
8 was especially amusing for some reason.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I liked these. I want more. Challenging yet simple.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked these. I want more. Challenging yet simple.
standing
friend miss friend​

ecnalg

TIME
ABDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

T
O
U
C
H

Violet

lal