• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who are Your Role Models?

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Basically, who do you look up to as an example? And why?

I feel a question like this can give you good insight into another person's personality.

á´…eparted

passages
I don't really have explicit role models. However one has recently come up in the past several years and it dawned on me earlier this year. It's going to sound very cliche, but Bernie Sanders. It doesn't have much to do with his political stances, but his methods. He is a great example of how to effectively lead, debate, and manage people. I tend to be rather hot-headed and will want to write off bad people fairly easily. He shows how to effectively not do that. In particular because I read a while ago that in private he is extremely opinionated and not very humble. He's learned how to channel things correctly. Watching him in action has given me some new frameworks on how to lead effectively, as well as debate/discuss issues.

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
My role models...I don't really have a single one, bit what they all have in common is teaching me profound insight about people (and myself).

For example: Austin Powers.

dangerously.jpg

Somewhere in California a real, attractive woman is masturbating to a picture of this guy. Believe it. Austin taught me that if you love yourself, even if you are...a bit weird...you can develop charisma and an identity that other people will notice, and be drawn towards. Success is infectious. This insight was critical for me so I do seriously look at what lessons I can learn from his behaviour and style (along with classic lover figures, such as Casanova and Don Giovanni). I feel the "player" figure is deeply misunderstood, a lot genuinely look for a stable partner, but just can't find the intensity and level of connection they need.

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Jennifer Lawrence, Amy Schumer. I just really like them a lot and then they kind of became role models for me. I'm a petite woman but I really struggle with my body and they're often deemed "plus size" or something in the industry, at least they've expressed being called that and whatnot. I think they're both beautiful, funny, talented women and they kind of make me want to be a better person and like myself more. I'm really not doing a good job of it lately, but, y'know.

Empyrean

Say to yourself in the early morning: I shall meet today inquisitive, ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, uncharitable men. All these things have come upon them through ignorance of real good and ill. The nature of man himself who does wrong is akin to my own.
—Marcus Aurelius

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Jacques cousteau
Einstein
Albert schweizer
Stewart Copeland
Steve gadd
Aaron copland
Bud powell
Bill bruford
Beethoven
Scriabin
Rachmoninoff
Henrik ibsen
Tolstoy
Jaco pastorius
Bach
Charlie parker
Plato
Homer
Many others...

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's not really much I look up to.. never thought of it much. But if I were to pick .. there are those I respect, and in some small way I admire.

Morgan Freeman
morgan_freeman.jpg

His mind. Very inquisitive and asks the same questions about the universe I do. Seeks out for a greater understanding with the big picture view, taking many insights into consideration. I respect him greatly for this.

Akira Toriyama/George Lucas
hqdefault.jpg

george-lucas.jpg

Akira Toriyama and George Lucas for both revolutionizing the fictional world of creation and stories with their imaginations. Both inspiring many others to follow in similar steps. Since I am an artist who makes his own stories to one day show, I am inspired.

Einstein/Nikola Tesla
einstein.jpg

spiral.jpg

Einstein for being able to effect the world with his revolutionary thinking, despite never finishing school.
Nikola Tesla for his revolutionary ambition. I also find his "unusual thinking" to be intriguing.

Attachments

• a08c5-3mb_einstein_undertaker.jpg
    a08c5-3mb_einstein_undertaker.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 0
  • hqdefaultsf.jpg
    hqdefaultsf.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DISNEY-LUCASFILM-GEORGE_LUCAS_28111885.jpg
    DISNEY-LUCASFILM-GEORGE_LUCAS_28111885.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 0
  • through-the-wormhole-pic-e1363774199840.jpg
    through-the-wormhole-pic-e1363774199840.jpg