• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Einstein IQ Riddle

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
A friend sent me this IQ test/riddle devised by Albert Einstein.

Einstein posited that 98% of the population would not be able to solve it. {But, he also was a joker so not sure if that was meant tongue in cheek}.

It's said that a person with an IQ of 134 and paper would solve it in half an hour. That someone with an IQ of 180+ could solve it at sight.

CLUES:

Let us assume that there are five houses of different colors next to each other on the same road.

In each house lives a man of a different nationality.

Every man has his favorite drink, his favorite brand of cigarettes, and keeps pets of a particular kind.

1. The Englishman lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is just to the left of the white one.
5. The owner of the green house drinks coffee.
6. The Pall Mall smoker keeps birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhills.
8. The man in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The Blend smoker has a neighbor who keeps cats.
11. The man who smokes Blue Masters drinks bier.
12. The man who keeps horses lives next to the Dunhill smoker.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The Blend smoker has a neighbor who drinks water.

The question to be answered is: Who keeps fish?

ANSWER:

You can put whether you completed it & the time it took ~ if you want.

If not, just have fun :)

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
first thought: nope, not even going to

second thought: my cousin used to keep fish

third thought: those clues say nothing about fish

fourth thought: lol i wonder what the answer actually is

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tried to do it in my head and fucked it up. I got cocky.

I'll put my tail between my legs and go grab a pad and pen.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
first thought: nope, not even going to

second thought: my cousin used to keep fish

third thought: those clues say nothing about fish

fourth thought: lol i wonder what the answer actually is

Ha! That cracked me up :)

Spesh #2

- - - Updated - - -

*Grins widely*

S'ok Mander, I started with paper and pen. Had to switch to pencil :blush:

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I made lil squares of paper to represent houses. Each square had lines on it for me to track the info, color, nationality etc. Then I just moved them around as needed to represent their relationship to one another. About 20 mins. total.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
my iq is over 90 but luckily for me i have got 2 brains hehe :D

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

hehe your still smarter than the most of them tho, it can easy to tell because u like wu tang :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i enjoty these, but my mental vision does not align this way. i am a concept person internally mentally. wil do later. i actually dont have a pen at my desk...lol

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I made lil squares of paper to represent houses. Each square had lines on it for me to track the info, color, nationality etc. Then I just moved them around as needed to represent their relationship to one another. About 20 mins. total.

Smart! I did it on paper and it took a good 40 minutes. Your way is far superior and I like the 'lateral thinking' displayed there :)

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
i enjoty these, but my mental vision does not align this way. i am a concept person internally mentally. wil do later. i actually dont have a pen at my desk...lol

I hear you. I perceive you as filtering things to process internally, yes.

When the questions in math were about "two trains travelling different directions carrying a load of bananas and arriving in 10 minutes at a distance of 2.7 km...." my thinking process was a lot like [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION] mentioned above. I was more interested in who was on the trains, and why was head office so bad at scheduling, and would that not bruise the banana's???

But, I am also competitive (even with myself :p) and so couldn't resist the challenge of this one.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hear you. I perceive you as filtering things to process internally, yes.

When the questions in math were about "two trains travelling different directions carrying a load of bananas and arriving in 10 minutes at a distance of 2.7 km...." my thinking process was a lot like [MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION] mentioned above. I was more interested in who was on the trains, and why was head office so bad at scheduling, and would that not bruise the banana's???

But, I am also competitive (even with myself :p) and so couldn't resist the challenge of this one.

i suck at names memory wise...so...pen and paper needed...lol. i have learned tricks, but its so unnatural it take ALOT of energy. give me a game like clue and i create a complicated marking scheme so i can properly utilize everything of who said what. not just who is or isnt, but who asked who with the knowledge people do that to thow others off.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
<---- answer. Don't click on it unless you want to know. I just used it as a placeholder while I checked my answer.

Took 30 minutes. I used pen and paper. Once you get the order of houses, everything else falls into place.

Edit: Got it right! :)

Doing sudoku puzzles pays off.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
First thought: boring task of organizing different charts. On initial thoughts the house color/order seems the easiest starting point.
Edit:
second thought: had to organize charts differently. Then did some good progress for 10 minutes until stucked up. Then third time, even better charts
Edit 2: got my solution interrupted a few times by wc3 games, bored with trying this, chart halfway done. I can't count my spent time on it anymore. 15 mins? 20? Will continue later.

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Didn't finish it (it's hard to do logic puzzles while being knocked around by curvy mountain roads) but it brought me out of my Fe grip. Thank you.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
[MENTION=27560]Snickie[/MENTION] You are most welcome! Hope you arrived safe!

[MENTION=28233]Lillita[/MENTION] Yay! Thanks for including the pic!

[MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION] At the hospital they recommend Sudoku to patients to stave off dementia.

[MENTION=12103]Poki[/MENTION] Oh I LOVE Clue. I haven't played it in a long time. Do you have a go-to character you choose to be?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My thought process: