• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

women agress against sexy peer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't understand the psychology of such things. Why would they feel I was "out of their control"? And why would people feel threatened by it? I don't pay much attention to it and act nonchalant about it... which probably rubs some people the wrong way.

I'm just saying some crap, but sometimes, maybe people see you as just part of the environment and feel threatened by changes in it. If they base their esteem around being better than you, it would be hurt their esteem if it were not the case anymore.

Also, if people are seeing you and treating you as a child, they may be resistant to the idea of you growing up, gaining independence, and not relying on them.

Maybe you're in kind of a strange environment. I don't know, but when I was working, people were fascinated by my appearance. They'd make conversation with me about how much better my hair looked in one style compared to the another. And it was, like, a BFD if I bought a new pair of pants. I felt like telling people to piss off and leave me alone so I can work, but I needed to be on good terms with them or they'd screw with me. I'd learned that I had to say howdy-doody and small talk with everyone. It looks like wasting time, but it was necessary. Since I was so connected with everyone, my appearance wasn't something to gawk at, but a conversation starter....

If a person dresses up like a clown, walks in a cafeteria and sits down and eats, everyone will stare. No one will say much to him. But, if he's going from table to table making balloon animals, people love him. Everyone's excited. I tell you though, if I was dressed like a clown and wanted to eat lunch, I sure wouldn't bother with people staring at me. Going to sit down and eat my lunch. Anyways, the point is that how one acts with other people makes a difference....Actually, it wasn't the point. I just like to talk about clowns.

So I'm not sure what exactly is going on where you work. Maybe this is a small quiet cliqueish place you work. I do wonder if you feel like a small person to an extent that it makes you insecure and other people notice.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm just saying some crap, but sometimes, maybe people see you as just part of the environment and feel threatened by changes in it. If they base their esteem around being better than you, it would be hurt their esteem if it were not the case anymore.

Also, if people are seeing you and treating you as a child, they may be resistant to the idea of you growing up, gaining independence, and not relying on them.

Maybe you're in kind of a strange environment. I don't know, but when I was working, people were fascinated by my appearance. They'd make conversation with me about how much better my hair looked in one style compared to the another. And it was, like, a BFD if I bought a new pair of pants. I felt like telling people to piss off and leave me alone so I can work, but I needed to be on good terms with them or they'd screw with me. I'd learned that I had to say howdy-doody and small talk with everyone. It looks like wasting time, but it was necessary. Since I was so connected with everyone, my appearance wasn't something to gawk at, but a conversation starter....

If a person dresses up like a clown, walks in a cafeteria and sits down and eats, everyone will stare. No one will say much to him. But, if he's going from table to table making balloon animals, people love him. Everyone's excited. I tell you though, if I was dressed like a clown and wanted to eat lunch, I sure wouldn't bother with people staring at me. Going to sit down and eat my lunch. Anyways, the point is that how one acts with other people makes a difference....Actually, it wasn't the point. I just like to talk about clowns.

So I'm not sure what exactly is going on where you work. Maybe this is a small quiet cliqueish place you work. I do wonder if you feel like a small person to an extent that it makes you insecure and other people notice.

Ahhh... Interesting thank you for your insights. I enjoyed the clown example! :)

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Whenever I see a sexy woman, I make sure to punch her in the nose.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Agree, but the reaction to it was politically motivated, imo. The Trumpsters hate her. So, in the case, it wasn't about what she was wearing, but just an excuse to attack her.
Perhaps, but the criticism is still valid. I have great respect for how Megyn Kelley has stood up to Donald Trump, starting with asking him valid questions that needed to be asked of a presidential candidate. Dressing this way to cover a convention just undercuts all that and makes her come across like a garden variety bimbo. It is a distraction from her reporting, and not because it is sexy, but rather because it is so out of place.

Exactly. And if Kelly had worn that outfit on stage at the convention to sing pop tunes for the audience, she probably would have received compliments, too, assuming her singing was any good.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I misread the thread title as "women agress against sexy pear".

I don't think it's "lingerie", and I think that comment is absurd, but it's definitely not business-casual.

Most female newscasters, especially on Fox News, show some cleavage and/or leg on a regular basis...

outnumbered-640x360.jpg

... but it's still business casual. Albeit on the tight and revealing side of business casual.

I'd say as a general principle that if someone is a competitor for something you desire, aggressive instincts of some sort kick in.. I mean. It's something you desire--whether those desires are something that can be obtained, need to be obtained, or something more idealistic or delusional.. so, yeah, you're going to step up and try to reach for it. Part of reaching up is, sometimes, to recognize your competition .. uuuusually with knocking the competition out being not too far behind.

I don't see how it's much debated because it's a basic animal instinct. It isn't just with sexual partners, it's a basic instinct for anything which is desired. Certainly not the best or only way to go about things all the time, but of course all women do it.. People do it all the time.
^ 100% this.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I misread the thread title as "women agress against sexy pear".

Sexy fruit make GAC angry, especially pears.

^ 100% this.

Do you think women are less aggressive in the presence of males or more? Is an all female environment more hostile or less?

In the study, I don't think there was a male presence mentioned.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I've suspected that the OTT hostility directed at Gwyneth Paltrow's goofy Goop site and Jenny McCarthy's autism comments came from jealous women.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do you think women are less aggressive in the presence of males or more? Is an all female environment more hostile or less?

In the study, I don't think there was a male presence mentioned.

I have never experienced this and I do work with a lot of women. I will tell you that all of them are highly educated and working in STEM fields - maybe this matters. I've never noticed it in the presence of males, not the males in my line of work anyway.