• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Toxic People vs Negative People

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm so confused lol

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
To me toxicity is more of a vibe that a person gives off that makes them unpleasant to be around and can cover a wide range of behaviours and traits. They may be whiny, aggressive, needy, cynical, arrogant e.t.c. Negativity is more the actions from this person by my reckoning like negative behaviours, negative actions e.t.c.

Toxicty is the more abstract concept while negativity is the more concerate concept to me. Like comparing helpfulness with tools. Tools are a concrete concept but relate to helpfulness in a abstract way so to speak and therefore negativity links to toxicity similarly.

solpi

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In my opinion, toxic people are people who influence your wellbeing in a negative way.

Negative people aren't necessarily toxic but toxic people tend to be negative.

Litsnob

To me toxicity is more of a vibe that a person gives off that makes them unpleasant to be around and can cover a wide range of behaviours and traits. They may be whiny, aggressive, needy, cynical, arrogant e.t.c. Negativity is more the actions from this person by my reckoning like negative behaviours, negative actions e.t.c.

Toxicty is the more abstract concept while negativity is the more concerate concept to me. Like comparing helpfulness with tools. Tools are a concrete concept but relate to helpfulness in a abstract way so to speak and therefore negativity links to toxicity similarly.

Where I come from you might call someone a tool but it does not mean he is helpful. ;-)
Lame jokes aside, I agree with your statement.

Litsnob

In my opinion, toxic people are people who influence your wellbeing in a negative way.

Negative people aren't necessarily toxic but toxic people tend to be negative.

Great summary.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think this thread played out some great examples of a toxic person making everyone else a negative person. This thread is morbidly hilarious.

The Terminator

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Childish remarks. Why?

Toxic people? This isn't Chernobyl. This isn't Nuclear warfare. This isn't League of Legends.