• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Difference between S's and Ns is that S's can be "aggressive": what does that mean?

Ignorance is hate

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Difference between S's and Ns is that S's can be "aggressive": what does that mean?

According to much literature I've read on this dictonomy, the main difference between sensors and intuitives is that sensors can be aggressive while intuitive a are not? Is this true? If so, why do you think it is that sensors are "aggressive" while intuitives are not. Also, what do you think they mean when they use the word "aggressive"? Is it a particular form of aggression? Because I've noticed intuitives can be very aggressive as well when you get us/them upset. Let me know your opinions, thanks guys.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
It obviously means they are the inferior, less evolved, less human subset of the population.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I think enneagram would play a huge role here in aggression levels, regardless of the type.

á´…eparted

passages
I think enneagram would play a huge role here in aggression levels, regardless of the type.

I agree. As far as MBTI goes, the correlation with aggression won't be that pronounced. There might a slightly link on the I/E and maybe T/F axis, but that's it. Enneagram would have fairly decent correlations with aggression.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It means we go after what we want, not sit around contemplating it :alttongue:

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
It means we go after what we want, not sit around contemplating it :alttongue:

Well maybe, but this seems more true of ES types or ST types than everyone.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well maybe, but this seems more true of ES types or ST types than everyone.

ES types have me beat, lol. To independent and laid back to be aggresive. I just do alot. If not i get bored and pace.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
According to much literature I've read on this dictonomy, the main difference between sensors and intuitives is that sensors can be aggressive while intuitive a are not? Is this true? If so, why do you think it is that sensors are "aggressive" while intuitives are not. Also, what do you think they mean when they use the word "aggressive"? Is it a particular form of aggression? Because I've noticed intuitives can be very aggressive as well when you get us/them upset. Let me know your opinions, thanks guys.

What lit in particular says this? Where are you getting this from? I want to hear your context. It would help.

Let's pick apart an example. How about the ENTP vs the ESTP. Usually ENTPs can have a somewhat dominant personality, but often they do this through intellectual wordplay and "mental sparring". They use humor to mock things that are just silly. Here is perhaps an example:

It doesn't really matter what her "type" is or if mbti "types" exist at all, but we can all think of someone with a witty biting humor that calls you out on your BULLSHIT whether it is George Carlin or Bill Maher.

ESTPs on the other hand tend not to use humor to defuse situations. Instead they GET ANGRY and when they do they often get PHYSICAL (like punching walls or people) rather than channeling their anger in different ways.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree with earlier mentions about Enneagram having better tools to determine/measure aggression, and knowing them, I'm not sure that really correlates to S being more aggressive than N.

But then, I'm kind of an aggressive N (or I can be). :D

Jaguar

According to much literature I've read on this dictonomy, the main difference between sensors and intuitives is that sensors can be aggressive while intuitive a are not? Is this true?

No, "much literature" does not claim that's the main difference between N and S. It's more than likely your personal opinion and nothing more.

Ignorance is hate

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
No, "much literature" does not claim that's the main difference between N and S. It's more than likely your personal opinion and nothing more.

Nah I don't really know enough about what separates a sensor from an intuitor to be able to form an opinion like that, I just saw a video one time by this guy who does mbti-related videos who claimed that "The difference is, sensors can be aggressive".

Jaguar

Nah I don't really know enough about what separates a sensor from an intuitor to be able to form an opinion like that, I just saw a video one time by this guy who does mbti-related videos who claimed that "The difference is, sensors can be aggressive".

So, watching one video made by a rookie wacko = "much literature"? Give me a break. lol.

Ignorance is hate

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
So, watching one video made by a rookie wacko = "much literature"? Give me a break. lol.

Idk it seemed pretty legit the way he described it. Enough to make me believe it was a main difference. I just assumed there must be other literature that goes into this.

kirsten

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hmm, not sure why Sensing types would correlate in particular with aggression. ISFJs or ISFPs especially don't seem likely to be aggressive at all. While ENTJs and ENTPs definitely seem like they could be aggressive.

Trash Panda

Retired
Anyone can be an aggressive asshole, type is irrelevant. What triggers the aggression might vary type to type.

Ignorance is hate

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Hmm, not sure why Sensing types would correlate in particular with aggression. ISFJs or ISFPs especially don't seem likely to be aggressive at all. While ENTJs and ENTPs definitely seem like they could be aggressive.

Well what you're seeing there is likely the thinking functions. The real way to tell which is more aggressive would be to contrast two types where all the letters are the same except for the S and N, then see which is more aggressive. For example: ENTP vs ESTP or ISFJ vs INFJ.