• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Difference between S's and Ns is that S's can be "aggressive": what does that mean?

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I would actually say the most aggressive people I know have been xNTJs. Something about thinking you're smarter than everyone else can lead to less than desirable behavior.

My Fe requires me to add the following disclaimer:

kirsten

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
Well what you're seeing there is likely the thinking functions. The real way to tell which is more aggressive would be to contrast two types where all the letters are the same except for the S and N, then see which is more aggressive. For example: ENTP vs ESTP or ISFJ vs INFJ.

But I still don't see why Sensing types would be more aggressive... what about Sensing inherently makes you aggressive? Sensor types might be more likely to engage in contact sports, or express their aggression in a certain way, but that's falling on a different spectrum than just pure aggression. i.e. mastery of physical skills.

Not that one persons' experience can prove a point, but I feel like the ISFJs I know are among the most timid of everyone I know... very unlikely to be aggressive. While INFJs are kind of a mixed bag in this regard. Overall, I would guess INFJs to be more aggressive.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anybody can be aggressive, regardless of type.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Perhaps people are most aggressive in their most comfortable realm? Are we talking about aggressive in sports, job promotion, etc? iNtuitives can be intensely aggressive in the abstract realm.

For a more common reference - think of Gaius Baltar from the new Battlestar Galactica series. He is an extreme intuitive and quite aggressive in his powers of manipulation. My impression is that his character is an INTP who could be diagnosed with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Even if you disagree with that specific typing, he is a good example of an extreme intuitive being also highly aggressive.