• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your biggest fear ?

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Just wondering, if you'd like to share what scares you the most ? I mean in the broadest sense : from spiders to fear of giving public speeches or fear of becoming ill.
I'm aware this might be a bit personal. I'm aware you might have multiple phobia's, small or big. But what is overall the thing(s) you fear most ?

So here I go : I'm particulary afraid of being publicly humiliated somehow, somewhere.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Losing contact with the people I love.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Cheesy mode activated:

I'm scared of being scared, giving into anxiety and the consequences of doing so. That and the gnawing reality that if I continue to look for confidence based on a foundation of someone, something or somewhere, then I will always be looking for an entity or idea to guide me, instead of making my own ideas and standing on my own feet and responsibilities. With that would come an ever bigger gap between the whole (that we were never really separate from in the first place) and the concept of a self that makes one fall deeper into the trap.

I also fear getting caught up in the emotional rat race of being too absorbed into social normality, and the obligations (false, although are any of them true?) that it creates.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could be afraid of losing my integrity and freedom :wacko: but I'm just a wild cat :whistling:

catch the mouse.jpg

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Plants with fleshy stems and large leaves... the idea of them touching me is terrifying :cry:

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
The universal fear, of my life coming to an end. The little black death that most of us keep repressed, ensuring psychological equinimity and sureness of action. No matter how much I try it's gonna get me at an unknown time & manner. All those other fears are miniscule.

Ingrid in grids

Oooh. I have thought about this before. My biggest fear is the following scenario:

Your loved ones, and everyone who knows you, all find out you have done the most morally repulsive thing imaginable. Everyone abandons you and you are beyond forgiveness. The knowledge of what you have done is so widespread that you cannot move away and start a new life.

I've thought about this scenario in terms of if I had actually done the morally repulsive thing, or if I had only been framed for it and there was no chance of setting the record straight. I can't decide which is worse.

I'm also not sure what the morally repulsive action is.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oooh. I have thought about this before. My biggest fear is the following scenario:

Your loved ones, and everyone who knows you, all find out you have done the most morally repulsive thing imaginable. Everyone abandons you and you are beyond forgiveness. The knowledge of what you have done is so widespread that you cannot move away and start a new life.

I've thought about this scenario in terms of if I had actually done the morally repulsive thing, or if I had only been framed for it and there was no chance of setting the record straight. I can't decide which is worse.

I'm also not sure what the morally repulsive action is.

Reminds me of The Scarlet Letter.

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I haven't read it, but I don't think the morally repulsive thing would be related to adultery. It would have to be like, abusing children or puppies.

Right. Me either, too common :rofl1: What I meant by the reference was the whole process of ostraization along with the 'crime' being visible for all to see.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I quit halfway through the scarlet letter. Still curious how it ends :p

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Centipedes, man. Horrible, disgusting, terrifying and the only thing that would actually get me close to a paralyzing panic attack.

á´…eparted

passages
Disease, sickness, being trapped in your own body unable to communicate with the outside world. It is a fate worth than death.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, to copy MDP, being tortured definitely ranks up there.

But probably too it's just having absolutely no one in my late years/leading up to death.

But no, perhaps actually worse would be inability to move. Also blindness. Because everything I find joy in involves using my eyes and moving my body.