• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Would You Do?

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
As you are walking, a sleek vehicle pulls along side and the window rolls down.

A mysterious, well-dressed stranger says they are a philanthropist and hands you a packet containing $2500, telling you it is yours to spend.

The only caveat: You must spend the money on someone other than yourself. Literally ANYone for ANY reason.

They explain that they will track the bills and you may receive more money in the future, depending on how this money is used.

Who do you give the money to and why?

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
VEGAS!

(for my friends of course)

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
1. I would probably freak the fuck out and run away before I accepted anything like that from someone. Who knows what the hell kind of scheme they are trying to pull?

2. Okay, assuming we play your way and this is somehow a nonthreatening scenario, I would give all or nearly all of the money to my mom and then maybe give a little bit to my dad.

Don't think I necessarily need an explanation for this answer.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Assuming it's legit, I'd probably divide it equally between my parents, Doctors Without Borders, Peace Corps, and the Sierra Club. And maybe my brother.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would probably just keep it around to hold in case any particular friend/family or any given person was in a pinch.

But, I think a more interesting question is what would Dwight Schrute do? He would launder the money into bitcoins. And use half the money to hire a P.I. to find the secret philanthropist, then use the other half to buy ninja equipment to kill him and steal all of his money, then use that money to create an education fund for orphaned Germanic children living in America.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd spend it on my cat.

Punderstorm

Wallflower power!
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'd save it until someone I know truly needs it, then I'd give it to them.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
The girl next door with cancer.

Split it between her and my cousin with 3 kids who is getting a divorce and is struggling financially.

Easy.

I would only wish I had more to give them.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would be a bit suspicious to just take his word for it. You never know if there is a catch. But assuming I used it...

I would just give it to someone who needs it. So if there happens to be a catch, at least I used it for a good cause.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I would probably just keep it around to hold in case any particular friend/family or any given person was in a pinch.

But, I think a more interesting question is what would Dwight Schrute do? He would launder the money into bitcoins. And use half the money to hire a P.I. to find the secret philanthropist, then use the other half to buy ninja equipment to kill him and steal all of his money, then use that money to create an education fund for orphaned Germanic children living in America.

Hahaha!

Perfectenschlag_zpscbjidr0r.gif

uumlau

Happy Dancer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

A mysterious, well-dressed stranger says they are a philanthropist and hands you a packet containing $2500, telling you it is yours to spend.

The only caveat: You must spend the money on someone other than yourself. Literally ANYone for ANY reason.

They explain that they will track the bills and you may receive more money in the future, depending on how this money is used.

I'd give it back to the guy who is obviously trying to run some sort of creepy psychological experiment.

:freaked:

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hookers and blow. DUH

I'd use the money to buy equipment to start up a you tube channel. It would be a manospherian based 'news' outlet covering the major sectors, a clearing house of sorts mixed with gamer/nerd interests alongside a few science news articles. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Keyword: may

Do I need to say more?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I would just tell them to go bother someone else with this since there is plenty of people around that would play along.

This is because I find this situation to be unrealistc or the rich dude is just bored or doing experiments. Not to mention that the "tracking bills" is a major turn off for me.

I would probably do the same thing even if money is just for me.

KitchenFly

Yer right (track me) thanks for the $2500. In cash. Give me another $5000. And I will give you a quick look at my brown eye, like a quick look?

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I'd give it anonymously to [MENTION=9310]uumlau[/MENTION] just to make him extra uncomfortable.

seriously ? idk, cliniclowns perhaps ? some children cancer funds ? something obvious.
Seems really tricky to spend that well. The only certainty is that I would play along : not spending it seems almost immoral. + pray there's no catch.

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
I would get [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] drunk then buy supplies for fixing a few things around my parent's home.

If anything were left over I would purchase a boat load of videogames to donate.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
[MENTION=4299]meowington[/MENTION] Ha! Mischievous!

[MENTION=21883]sunyata[/MENTION]

I am actually open {curious} to find out what kind of drunk I would be. If it's in a controlled circumstance with a peep that I trust (smile) Videogame idea is adorable.

alice%20lovely_zpsut7khjeb.gif

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I'd put some in a college fund for my kid and give the rest to some homeless men.

Nice! To: your kid's future :rock:

There are a lot of homeless where I live. I collect samples and periodically hand them out care packages with sandwiches. I have wondered about just this scenario, though. Do you think someone homeless would be equipped to handle a large outlay of cash in one go? Or would you facilitate the spending with them?

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure. There's the part of me wondering if they're going to spend it on booze or drugs, which causes me some guilt wondering if I'm actually hurting them. Maybe I'd spend it on a meal, buy them some job interview clothes, and help them find a halfway house or somewhere else to stay until they were able to get on their feet. Perhaps I'd spend it on buying a bunch of non-perishable food, then put together food boxes, or portable camping wares such as pots, pans, tents, sleeping bags.

I dunno.

...and [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION]

I think the act of giving things vs money to the homeless is mostly symbolic as to your intentions. Any objects you give them, meals, clothes, etc, frees money that they can spend on whatever else it is they like. I don't feel bad giving money, it gives them personal power. They may use it to hurt themselves or help themselves, my values dictate that giving the choice is good.