• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Would You Do?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'd just give it to the local animal shelter or to Donald Trump.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Place it in a legal entity like a trust and coincidentally let the trust spend it on me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'd say: "baby, for only $2.500 you can touch a toe of me" :)

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
[MENTION=21883]sunyata[/MENTION]

I am actually open {curious} to find out what kind of drunk I would be. If it's in a controlled circumstance with a peep that I trust (smile) Videogame idea is adorable.

alice%20lovely_zpsut7khjeb.gif

If you're ever in Texas :cowboy:

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As you are walking, a sleek vehicle pulls along side and the window rolls down.

A mysterious, well-dressed stranger says they are a philanthropist and hands you a packet containing $2500, telling you it is yours to spend.

The only caveat: You must spend the money on someone other than yourself. Literally ANYone for ANY reason.

They explain that they will track the bills and you may receive more money in the future, depending on how this money is used.

Who do you give the money to and why?

Okay, that's a sketchy situation and I would have bolted from that car even before I could see the stranger.

But if I were given this opportunity, I'd just give the money to my parents. They'd most likely use it to catch up on bills.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

A mysterious, well-dressed stranger says they are a philanthropist and hands you a packet containing $2500, telling you it is yours to spend.

The only caveat: You must spend the money on someone other than yourself. Literally ANYone for ANY reason.

They explain that they will track the bills and you may receive more money in the future, depending on how this money is used.

First, We miss you Cloud Patrol.

Second: 2500 seems like a lot to me, but I recognize objectively it's not a lot, maybe one "ok done" home fix or a potentially good one if you have the skill to do it yourself... But, it is a lot of money food cost wise. So I would use it as a fund for feeding in people in need. Homeless, or folks who have a place, but cant afford decent food. I'd try to get other people in the community involved too.

theablekingedgar

Permabanned

find the nearest orphanage and buy some food and personally hand to the kids and see them eat it - so thje staff don't pilfer it.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Can’t remember if I responded before, but this one’s easy:

I’d give it to the first (actual) homeless person I find, so that they can take care of their family. I don’t care if anyone thinks it’s a waste, I would just make sure the family is okay. Sometimes the smallest things make the biggest difference.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Good question. My idea is to give it as a really big tip to some random fast food worker. I like the element of surprise. I don't know what they're struggling with, but there's a good chance they'll be struggling with something. Maybe they have a big student loan debt and were working that job to pay it off and that tip would help them. Maybe they're a young teen helping their family out and their family could use the cash. Maybe they'll go on a fun trip their gap year, explore the world. They might just blow it on a trampoline, but even then I'd get a kick out of seeing their reaction when they see that giant tip.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would give it to a friend in need.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"I'll give it to you as supplementary funds to hire a lawyer for both of us (rather, this purpose, so it wouldn't be 'my' lawyer- yet). Get this in black and white. If you want to keep tossing money around for humanitarian deeds then, I'll be your guest."- is what I'd say to the person.

My first thought is that this person may be looking for a scapegoat to offload illegal money. How the f--- are they going to track to promise more money in the future? If they're handing it in cash how'd they know that what I'm spending or giving away isn't my own money? How are they going to track every cent? If they're that powerful I'm not taking any chances.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Literally go out of my way to give people a moment of happiness, and or help my family with bills.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd probably find a few homeless people to divvy up the money between.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Welp that sounds like a nice way for my mother to pay off some of her immense debt.