• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Environment Debate.

I don't think this is a strict yes/no answer. I think some are more controlled by their environment than others. I think this can vary within one person over time and in groups of people.

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, but just because you don't feel controled that doesn't mean you are not.
Everything you said is on local/personal level, however the actual control is subtle and on large scale level. (also control doesn't have to be a bad thing)

If it is easier for you to live with picture that you are not controled on some way then feel free to live like it. However on factual level you will not convince me that that you are free of control, since no one is. :)
If hunger, pain, and death are still an option, then no one is being controlled. :)
It's all about compromise and fear... and laziness!!

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Some of those questions are quite interesting.

But that isn't control in the way I hear it myself.

Control is to me physical or psychological.

Did you ever wonder how your picture of the world came to be ?

Yes...but for most people it is unconscious anyway ! Psychology doesn't exist to make the slaves more submitted (and blind)...

I do belive in something one can't control to. You can't control your karma. What you must live you'll live it, whatever you do or don't do,

you'll have opportunities on your way...

You can change your own life, your way of thinking, your behaviour and attitude (with a lot of will, trust and control OVER YOURSELF)you can't change the world,

but you can change your environment by "small actions".
If it ain't sexual, then I don't want to be controlled. (I mean in a respectful way.) =P

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
To control and to be controlled are one and the same.

This is a fundamental law of psychological physics.

Just as imagination and the physical are the one substance.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
If hunger, pain, and death are still an option, then no one is being controlled. :)
It's all about compromise and fear... and laziness!!

If I got your post right ...

Not really in my book. Since environment is much more than just people who live in it.

However even without that factor hunger it is very easy to produce throught control of food production.

Pain is also heavily the factor comming from the outside: someone can cause you pain at any time, you can be in pain because of something you ate that day, you can have a desease that you got somehere ... all external causes.

Death is just outcome. Even if you kill yourself you are to do it because something in the environment made you do it and pushed you over the edge.

So I disagree.