• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Environment Debate.

Numbly Aware

I wanna fcken feel right
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Does your environment control you?
Then, does your environment affect you?

(Secretly, I'd like to see some ENTJs and their so called logical answers) :D

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NOPE. Because I've chosen a life in which there is little risk to feel controlled.

Yes. That's why I choose honest and positive people that can enter my life.

Even if I'm an extrovert I get easily exhausted with people. I tend to have deep and intense interactions

and go back to my loneliness to charge my batteries, analyse my day, focus on the main things, so that I can plan another creative time ahead/

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
NOPE. Because I've chosen a life in which there is little risk to feel controlled.

Yes. That's why I choose honest and positive people that can enter my life.

Even if I'm an extrovert I get easily exhausted with people. I tend to have deep and intense interactions

and go back to my loneliness to charge my batteries, analyse my day, focus on the main things, so that I can plan another creative time ahead/

Just because you don't sense someone's control that doesn't mean that it isn't there. :wink:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am impacted by my environment, yes. I do think I can make choices to change my situation if I want to, however, so I don't exactly feel controlled by my environment. I can change many elements of my environment, though there are things that can't be changed - ie a basic need for food, water, shelter.

This seems like the 'do we actually have free will' philosophical thing, though....so I suppose it's how you look at it/ one could go round in circles on this topic.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Everyone is controlled by their environment. Every creature alive is.

To a point. If something impacts me or my people, especially in a negative way - I'm going to control it or at least make changes in a positive way.

á´…eparted

passages
To a point. If something impacts me or my people, especially in a negative way - I'm going to control it or at least make changes in a positive way.

Oh of course. That's not to say we can't do something about it. Nor does it say that we don't do any of the controlling ourselves.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
for many of the best AND worst parts I was in control of my own environment and realizing that you created a really shitty situation for yourself fucking SUCKS because then you only have yourself to blame for it

yeah, that type of thing can impact you.. I made some really bad decisions at one point and I can say that it really had an impact on who I am now and as much as I'd like to say that the shit situations I got myself into were not my fault, I can't claim that because I know better than that

however, back on topic, no matter who you are your environment has a definite impact on your life and who you end up becoming and how you react to it does as well

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Explain yourself master ENTJ ! By doing so, The poor slave I am will tell you the truth :hideyhole:

It is quite simple actually:

No matter what you do you will probably pay taxes of some kind
If OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) decides to mess with energy prices you will feel it
Why did you get any education ? Because you were though that this is for your own good (and it probably is but someone else channeled you into this)
How many buildings/roads did you construct in your life ? How many did you use ?
How many times did you decide to play along simply because you don't care eather way ?
Do you produce your own food or set laws regarding the standards or food production ?
Does your country have problems with crime or people who strike from the shadows ?
Did you ever wonder how your picture of the world came to be ?

Etc Etc.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It is quite simple actually:

No matter what you do you will probably pay taxes of some kind
If OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries) decides to mess with energy prices you will feel it
Why did you get any education ? Because you were though that this is for your own good (and it probably is but someone else channeled you into this)
How many buildings/roads did you construct in your life ? How many did you use ?
How many times did you decide to play along simply because you don't care eather way ?
Do you produce your own food or set laws regarding the standards or food production ?
Does your country have problems with crime or people who strike from the shadows ?

Etc Etc.

Some of those questions are quite interesting.

But that isn't control in the way I hear it myself.

Control is to me physical or psychological.

Yes...but for most people it is unconscious anyway ! Psychology doesn't exist to make the slaves more submitted (and blind)...

I do belive in something one can't control to. You can't control your karma. What you must live you'll live it, whatever you do or don't do,

you'll have opportunities on your way...

You can change your own life, your way of thinking, your behaviour and attitude (with a lot of will, trust and control OVER YOURSELF)you can't change the world,

but you can change your environment by "small actions".

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Some of those questions are quite interesting.

But that isn't control in the way I hear it myself.

Control is to me physical or psychological.

Yes...but for most people it is unconscious anyway ! Psychology doesn't exist to make the slaves more submitted (and blind)...

I do belive in something one can't control to. You can't control your karma. What you must live you'll live it, whatever you do or don't do,

you'll have opportunities on your way...

You can change your own life, your way of thinking, your behaviour and attitude (with a lot of will, trust and control OVER YOURSELF)you can't change the world,

but you can change your environment by "small actions".

What I wrote is unromatic, but that doesn't mean that it is wrong.
Typical 1th worlder can effect their environment but the truth is that their environemnt effects them much more than they are willing to admit.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with you. "Typical 1th wordless" is not me. I have a disgust for control (don't forget I have a strong wing 8).

I'm not directly controlled in my job. I prefer to leave a relationship where I feel controlled (that's why I left my last ENTJ:smile:).

I observe the world and how it works, I read quite a lot. I can assure you by believing (and practicing) you have an impact on the world,

much more than you can be controlled, it really works, and you view it differently.

That is of course, like everything, some daily efforts to develop step by step....

Should I give an important piece of information : I 'm not looking for power. I'm just not interested in power struggles.

I hate feeling controlled as well as I hate controlling others. That's none of my business.

I like to understand, master and feel secure in my environment. That is totally different.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I agree with you. "Typical 1th wordless" is not me. I have a disgust for control (don't forget I have a strong wing 8).

I'm not directly controlled in my job. I prefer to leave a relationship where I feel controlled (that's why I left my last ENTJ:smile:).

I observe the world and how it works, I read quite a lot. I can assure you by believing (and practicing) you have an impact on the world,

much more than you can be controlled, it really works, and you view it differently.

That is of course, like everything, some daily efforts to develop step by step....

Should I give an important piece of information : I 'm not looking for power. I'm just not interested in power struggles.

I hate feeling controlled as well as I hate controlling others. That's none of my business.

I like to understand, master and feel secure in my environment. That is totally different.

Yes, but just because you don't feel controled that doesn't mean you are not.
Everything you said is on local/personal level, however the actual control is subtle and on large scale level. (also control doesn't have to be a bad thing)

If it is easier for you to live with picture that you are not controled on some way then feel free to live like it. However on factual level you will not convince me that that you are free of control, since no one is. :)

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, but just because you don't feel controled that doesn't mean you are not.
Everything you said is on local/personal level, however the actual control is subtle and on large scale level. (also control doesn't have to be a bad thing)

If it is easier for you to live with picture that you are not controled on some way then feel free to live like it. However on factual level you will not convince me that that you are free of control, since no one is. :)

As "no one is" my personality and perception of the world make me focus on personal (and not local) level. Whatever the world becomes tomorrow I know how I wanna lead
my life and with which kind of surrounding. This is the most important thing to me.

And the way one chooses to lead one's life is the way that suits him/her best. Whatever happens outside, one must protect "his/her inside".
Control is not all about outside traps and tricks. It is also how you master your unconscious, what you choose to say or not say, what you choose to remember and focus on,
how conscious you are about yourself and your place in that crazy world and so on.

It is not "easier for me" as you said so. It is all the contrary. I'm not attracted by easy things.
Working on consciousness is not an easy thing. If you think so, well, let it be !

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As "no one is" my personality and perception of the world make me focus on personal (and not local) level. Whatever the world becomes tomorrow I know how I wanna lead
my life and with which kind of surrounding. This is the most important thing to me.

And the way one chooses to lead one's life is the way that suits him/her best. Whatever happens outside, one must protect "his/her inside".
Control is not all about outside traps and tricks. It is also how you master your unconscious, what you choose to say or not say, what you choose to remember and focus on,
how conscious you are about yourself and your place in that crazy world and so on.

It is not "easier for me" as you said so. It is all the contrary. I'm not attracted by easy things.
Working on consciousness is not an easy thing. If you think so, well, let it be !

The topic of the thread is: does your environment controls/affects you ?
And I claim that everybody is controled to some degree by their environment because we live in heavily interconnected world. Since technology, infastructure, law, money and geopolitics effect EVERYONE on the planet.

My point was that you can believe what you want but in the terms of facts you are simply wrong. In the case you just lived in the mountain cabin for 10 years there would perhaps be some weight in your words, but this is simply denial. (I don't see how it can be anything else)

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Our environment controls us because everything is cause and effect. Everything done creates a ripple. Big or small. Our environment can ripple through us, helping shape us as we grow and learn through our perceptions and observations. This goes both ways however, for just as the environment can influence you, you can influence it. Influence is more accurate term than control.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The topic of the thread is: does your environment controls/affects you ?
And I claim that everybody is controled to some degree by their environment because we live in heavily interconnected world. Since technology, infastructure, law, money and geopolitics effect EVERYONE on the planet.

My point was that you can believe what you want but in the terms of facts you are simply wrong. In the case you just lived in the mountain cabin for 10 years there would perhaps be some weight in your words, but this is simply denial. (I don't see how it can be anything else)

I think the 8 is generally speaking more into denial than an open minded and idealistic 7. I feel you very aggressive and just because I don't agree with you, you now try to impress me.
You want to be right at all cost. I don't like the way you communicate, it does not make me want to share more.
Bye bye master right ! May your life be all controlling and straight to the point. This is none of my business.

Accepting others' ideas could be a path for development. But some people here justify themselves (and their huge ego) and have no intention to develop creativity in others.
I find it very boring. That's not my way of being.

"The topic of the thread is: does your environment controls/affects you ?"
Do you think people can't read the topic, or... in your mind is it not allowed that one's freedom expresses itself in another way than yours ?
The way you try to (unconsciously) correct me and try to get me on your "logical way" (which is actually very much close minded to me!) shows how narrow you can be.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think the 8 is generally speaking more into denial than an open minded and idealistic 7. I feel you very aggressive and just because I don't agree with you, you now try to impress me.
You want to be right at all cost. I don't like the way you communicate, it does not make me want to share more.
Bye bye master right ! May your life be all controlling and straight to the point. this is none of my business !

Ok, because for me this is justa a "logical problem". There is no point to bring values into this.
Also I am not trying to impress you, I am just trying to show you the pretty obvious truth.

But you are right this doesn't lead anywhere so it is best that we stop. :)