• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The right to only and always but yet surely must we obey.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hey,

I was just musing about this recently:

I have noticed and I am sure many would attest to this, but it seems like for whatever reason, there seems to be some kind of a common trend through human history and surely for some reason within ourselves, to generally listen to and obey whomever we perceive to be or is thought of as an authority figure in some way.

And I have noticed that, generally often as well, what gets decided upon or spoken as truth by those who are in positions of authority, tend to be taken as the undecided and unquestionable truth most often times and then followed or listen to unobligingly.

I was just wondering, why exactly this is? and also, I just want to point out it's not only authority too, but group norms or behavior. If something has just become commonly followed or believed in, it seems to eventually gain an almost unquestionable rule by numbers as well.

I suppose I wonder too (or would like to ask as well) what comes first in most causes when it comes to social motes or norms, then? is it the group first decides on something (by whatever or occurrence that suits it at that time) is it the authority figures that then decides first and then the group always follows/comes second.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My butt looks so big in these pants! my butt looks so big in these pants!