First 12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Yeah, the same with things like greeting or making strong or direct and constant eye contact; it's all just societal norms that we take as some sort of biological law/constraints on nature.

"smiling is a sign of certainty and confidence" yeah, whatever. Is that what they really want everyone to think? our values always undeniably superior then the rest of the world. Western superiority at all times, smiling whilst we pollute the world with our ideals and outright lies.

I think what they want you to do here, is feel uncomfortable around anyone who does not act accordingly in our own balked about superiority complex of human behaviorism, and always no matter what, trust those who have smiles unnaturally glued on their faces all the time. Happiness exists only in an undeniable vacuum that we should expect at all times; and like a wolf at the door, trust only those who beholden a smile similarly as if one.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

The state wide country allotted sum of all happiness has been dwindled! quick, what do we do now!? oh I know, ack no! STATE WIDE ENDORSED AND FUNDED HELIUM BALLOONS! JET-PACKS! UNIVERSITIES ON MARS! AND OXYGEN TANKS!!!! I THINK I AM GETTING. LIGHT HEAD. OUT HURR IN SPACEE OR SOMETHIN!!!!????

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw the thread. Countries that have long history of totalitarian and obviously opressive governments are much more likely to be involved in this.
    PTSD, rules and paranoia just get to you, especially if you watch this from birth.
    The rest of the world is HOWIBBLE!

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default Some cultures frown on smiling

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    Really??? Do elaborate, please.....
    Well where I come from, smiling and laughing is generally considered a positive and welcoming attitude specially when it's on the right time and the right place, but not very long time ago, men used to take pride of frown and not smiling at all or only smiling in very few occasions, not that those who smile are less musculine but those who don't are more musculine and stronger, while the man who smiles a lot is considered less musculine.. However these ideas are gradually disappearing, but frown men are generally appealing to the ladies, I recall two beautiful songs about frown men (one of them is funny haha) whereas of course smiley women are more appealing to men..
    Nowadays frowning is most obvious in a country like Jordan (I don't know that much about North Africa), we call it "Jordanian frown" they're generally very seriouse people and they think that it's important for a man to keep their frown and not show emotions at all.. They sometimes claim it to be due to political and economical circumstances, we all have these circumstances though

Edit: there's also a myth that people with darker skin tones are more likely to smile and/or have a sense of humor
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

“sometimes... confused people are funnier, nicer, and more open-minded than non-confused people.” labyrinthine

6w7 > 1w2 > 4

Likes SearchingforPeace liked this post