User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

Mainly Irish, a smidgeon French, and a bit of Welsh, Danish (well technically that would be German now; but then it was Danish.) As for cultural retention, the distance and rugged nature of the land had a brutally egalitarian effect on that. Are you after more familial story driven answers?
    Just looking for a protector, God never reached out in time, There's love, that is a saviour, But that ain't no love of mine
    My Love it kills me slowly, Slowly I could die, And when she sleeps she hears the blues, Sees shades of black and white
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    Mainly Irish, a smidgeon French, and a bit of Welsh, Danish (well technically that would be German now; but then it was Danish.) As for cultural retention, the distance and rugged nature of the land had a brutally egalitarian effect on that. Are you after more familial story driven answers?
    Neat combinations

I would love those kind of answers, but only if people are comfortable offering.

May I ask what land you are referring to?

@Virtual ghost
    The mess influenced me in a way that I don't really care much about traditional culture (expect on academic level). Especially since remaking of borders usually means plenty of dead people.
    Thank you for your answer. I always appreciate hearing your unique perspective. Your last line has got me thinking...

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I am from part of the world/Europe where borders are constantly being remade. Therefore I have about 10 various groups/nations in me from the perspective of few generations back.

The mess influenced me in a way that I don't really care much about traditional culture (expect on academic level). Especially since remaking of borders usually means plenty of dead people.
    Croatia/serbia/Montenegro, old soviet? just a guess
    Likes Cloudpatrol, geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by human101 View Post
    Croatia/serbia/Montenegro, old soviet? just a guess
    Croatia

Aka ex-Yugoslavia
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Forever liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I'm a first generation (north) American. My parents are from Croatia.

Culturally/ethnically I think I'm:
    75% Croatian
    12.5% Ukrainian
    12.5% Czech

My maternal great grandparents were from Ukraine and Czech lands. They migrated to the Balkans (Bosnia in particular) with their families due to the Austro-Hungarian Empire creating jobs there.
    I know, not a whole lot of diversity but most Croats are of Slavic and old Illyrian extraction (genetically that is). Most of us belong to the Haplogroup i2a1 and R1a.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    yupp

50% russian
    25% scottish
    25% ??????? though we suspect either irish or french (the name is brezeale, which is found as a common sir name both in france and ireland, but more than likely irish because that part of the family were hill billies in the mountains of TN

I grew up eastern orthodox christian i'm not really that connected to russian culture there's some foods I grew up eating from there that my friends were all like what is that
    ? but i also grew up in an antiochian parish so i knew what hummus was before most people, and if i said i was orthodox they'd assume i was jewish and until very reacently it seemed like over here no one knew what orthodox christianity was.

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudpatrol View Post
    @Virtual ghost
    Thank you for your answer. I always appreciate hearing your unique perspective. Your last line has got me thinking...
    Logic behind my last line is pretty simple, if borders move all the time that means constant wars. Constant wars means that cultures will be full of intolerance and hate ... and often they only way to supress this is through dictarorship. What often creates new wars and endless circle that repeats itself since the collapse of Roman empire.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    946 sx
    Socionics
    IEI None

I am of Spanish-descent, both of my parents' ancestry hailed mostly from Sevilla of Southern Spain. My father's side also has European French, Cubans of Spanish-descent, and we are suspecting some Italian in us as well. We do not have all the information with us at this time about other possible ancestry, but there you go. In America we are regarded as Hispanics.
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Lia_kat liked this post

2nd generation American on paternal sides. 3rd generation on maternal side.

Mother:

English 25%
    Irish 15%
    Welsh/Hungarian <10%

Father:

25% Sicilian
    25% Italian (Northern)

My families are culturally very different. I look Italian/Sicilian but culturally, I grew up with my mother's VERY English culture.

Stiff upper lip. No open affection, really. We all knew we were loved but the English aren't known for being flowery or effusive. Very dry humor in our family. Chuckles more than guffaws. Everything culturally was very...restrained, refined. Well mannered. Humility is a prized trait.

EDIT: even though my fathers grandparents were born in Italy/Sicily they refused to teach Italian to their children (my father). This was to make assimilation easier for them. I find that interesting. That was a different time.
    Likes Cloudpatrol, geedoenfj liked this post