MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

25 % Irish
    75 % Belarussian Jewish

The two sides of my family are very different. My Dad's side is a lot more restrained and formal, my Mom's side is more boisterous. I grew up celebrating both Jewish and Christian holidays.
    Likes Cloudpatrol, geedoenfj, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Paternal grandparents families were from Scotland, they immigrated to Canada. Some stayed, some came to Michigan.
    Maternal grandparents families were from Turkey, they went to Bulgaria (not sure why Bulgaria, other than it was close, they weren't there long) and then to America. No one was in America before 1918.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Taratango, Punderstorm liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

boring white person here. my family's been in america for at least 3 generations. mother's ancestors are from ireland. father's father is canadian immigrant whose parents were from germany and poland (they met during wwii and moved to canada). don't know anything else. in the end, we're all from the same place.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

a complete mutt with the greatest portion being english/irish... my family all migrated to the US sometime in the 1600s with exception to the ones who were already here

the biggest cultural influence on me really has been the rural/mountain lower working class background that comes from both sides of my family... both as far as food goes and as far as most aspects of my life goes really
    “The phrase 'Someone ought to do something' was not, by itself, a helpful one. People who used it never added the rider 'and that someone is me'.” - Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Mostly Swedish and German. Some Scottish, English, Irish, and French. Or I could do the stereotypical white girl thing and say I'm 5% Cherokee (I'm not).

My great-grandfather emigrated from Sweden to the United States when he was 19. He only knew how to say one thing: "ham and eggs." Needless to say, he ate ham and eggs for a while. He came in through Ellis Island and eventually made his way to Nebraska--a lot of Scandinavians settled there, if I recall correctly. He Americanized his last name (our last name is still fairly Swedish, but he changed the spelling) and basically made the rest of his life here in the US.

In my basement, we still have the wooden chest he brought all his things in to America. We use it to store wrapping paper, lol. And growing up, we used to celebrate Little Christmas Eve (December 23rd). My grandma would make lutefisk and Swedish meatballs. We have since stopped celebrating it--it got too hard on my grandma, I think--but we had a Swedish dinner this past Christmas.
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

6w7 // 2w3 // 9w1

Bizarre Love Triangle Puffypolma's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

90% Chinese + 10% Jewish

I am not like most of the Chinese though
    I don't want to die in a car accident. When I die it'll be a glorious day. It'll probably be a waterfall.
    -River Phoenix
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Taratango, Punderstorm liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Falcarius family are really boring they have essentially lived in the UK for hundreds of years.
    Saw this epic character and wondered if it's possibly an American cousin of yours?

Likes Floki, Falcarius, Punderstorm liked this post

i've been meaning to take the "23 and me" test for a while now. it seems to be more granular and extensive than it was a few years ago.

my dad's parents trace back to scotland and my mom likely has mostly scandinavian in her, based on medical record.
    In challenge lies opportunity.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

@themightyfetus
    Or I could do the stereotypical white girl thing and say I'm 5% Cherokee (I'm not).
    haha! This made me laugh OUT LOUD

My great-grandfather emigrated from Sweden to the United States when he was 19. He only knew how to say one thing: "ham and eggs." Needless to say, he ate ham and eggs for a while. He came in through Ellis Island and eventually made his way to Nebraska
    These are the little details about heritage that I LOVE. So sweet.
    Likes fetus liked this post

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

I am from part of the world/Europe where borders are constantly being remade. Therefore I have about 10 various groups/nations in me from the perspective of few generations back.

The mess influenced me in a way that I don't really care much about traditional culture (expect on academic level). Especially since remaking of borders usually means plenty of dead people.
    Likes human101, Cloudpatrol liked this post