• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Selfie-takers tend to overestimate their attractiveness

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's whatever really.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I think people post selfies for different reasons. If they feel more attractive for doing so, more power to them. There's nothing wrong with someone feeling good about themselves. But some people enjoy taking selfies because it's chronically their lives (this is me) and not so much about their appearance. Some people do it as an art form. Some do it to make themselves feel better. etc, etc, etc. I think this is one of those things that its fine to not really care about someone's selfies, but I think taking it a step further and belittling the person who took the selfie is just mean. Let them express themselves and just keep scrolling if you don't like it.
exxxxxaaaacctly

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Only one guy managed to make me look good in photos, and he worked as a photographer and I'll probably never meet him again, so... My options are to bug someone else (unlikely, plus i hate) or to take selfies.

Oddly enough, ppl seem to like it. Or maybe they're lying to me.

Either way, it's not like I like how I look, it's just that I have to take them if I want to have photos taken of me.

rav3n

It's less the selfie takers and more the people who keep telling others how hot they are but refuse to post pics or draw out the tease and finally post pics, that I find to be full of shit online.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I find that people who just like to take photos typically take more selfies. I rarely take photos unless it's of my cats or something I need to remember or something truly special, and I rarely take selfies. Personally, I feel like my eyes are always a bit wacky looking in selfies (though not in pictures taken by someone else). So maybe that's just why I prefer not to take them. Then again, that's just my informal casual observation.

Enneagram
9w1
I'm not enthusiastic or willing enough to look good in photos so I usually just prefer to hang low

Mole

Permabanned
My sister and I are about the same age and both of us have lost the full bloom of youth, this is a painful loss to my sister, but almost no loss to me.

Why is that?

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
My sister and I are about the same age and both of us have lost the full bloom of youth, this is a painful loss to my sister, but almost no loss to me.

Why is that?

Because your sister was prettier maybe? Had more to lose?

I dunno. Never seen you or her- but that makes as much sense as it being a gender thing, or anything like that.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I take pictures to capture how I am feeling. But I have made it a point to limit how many selfies I take. If I had to guess I am decently attractive but not necessarily a bombshell.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Why is that?

Because women from birth have more value and more weight tied to their physical appearance than men do.

rav3n

Because women from birth have more value and more weight tied to their physical appearance than men do.
Premised on conventional wisdumb, women are valued for their looks and men, their competence and accomplishments. As you can tell, I don't have any respect for conventional wisdumbs, lol.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Premised on conventional wisdumb, women are valued for their looks and men, their competence and accomplishments. As you can tell, I don't have any respect for conventional wisdumbs, lol.

Sure, obviously values on an individual level vary. I'm referring to culturally/ in a generalized way.

rav3n

Sure, obviously values on an individual level vary. I'm referring to culturally/ in a generalized way.
No criticism towards you or your post, only a criticism towards gender roles and their silly social pressures.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Isn't a selfie taker doing just that? Minding their own business?

Exactly.

Primo, everyone should mind their own business. I see it as a colossal waste of time and fruitless endeavor to dig into people's personal lives. Let them do what they want to do. Who cares?

Secundo, those who are sensitive to criticisim end up consequently being taunted into responding to these puny claims, fueling the morons' need for drama. It's unsightly to witness others justifying their existence while they didn't commit any crime.