• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hypnotism

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hypnotism has interested me for the longest. Whether it be increased state of suggestibility or the blatant puppeteering of human beings or a myth made by magicians.

Where can hypnotism have a healthy place in modern day society? The concept really lingers on me. I used to participate in following these series of youtube videos to get hypnotized but I must've built a resistance to the recordings because they no longer put me anywhere near trance.

Studying hypnotism, I found out that it was used as a type of therapy. But what is therapeutic about it? I would assume its effectiveness stems from whatever the hypnotist was able to guide you through, like commanding someone to laugh instead of cry when they are set off by a trigger, but from my experience, the real relief comes from not being in control. It's like an out of body experience except you are on a leash that grows in length as you comply. There is nothing but a dark blanket of peace that wraps you up in a burrito like hug. And when it is over, it is the same relief you get from stretching and popping your back.

Not sure where this was going, but I am somewhat passionate about this topic,its depiction, its application. I want to talk about any and everything hypno!

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Cousin was hypnotized to stop smoking, and they said it worked lol

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some students of mine were hypnotized to congradulate our graduation from high school. While amusing, it certainly showed things they'd normally keep a bit more hidden.. so I don't know if I appreciate it or not.

When put to good use however to quit things more power to you. But I won't ever allow it for me in any shape or form. That is giving them control.

But like I said. Useful tool. The entertainment value can just be a bit.. sketchy.