• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are Is generally cranky

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Wait, you were talking about the experiment. Well, that could be fun, too.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No experiments on making the ITs cranky kaythanks.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*gets cranky, plans revenge*

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I dont think I have ever met an easy going I.
You're frequenting the wrong circles.

If you were the only ENTP I'd known, I'd say "I'm here to tell you ENTPs are all high strung and low down."

Edit: Wait, I know several ENTPs, and that's still true. Huh.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm cranky..my brother is IT he's way more laid back than I am though.Doesn't work in all cases...

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
What if you notice only the cranky, complaining Is? ;) You know, we tend to stay in the background.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
and for some reason Is like to open up to me....a lot

You? of all people? I really can't imagine why.

For chatty 'Es' we have some coping mechanisms built-in -- namely 'talking it out' and being more likley to express ourselves before the point past frustration. This helps immensely curb any volatile outbursts before it gets to that point. 'Is' built in coping mechanism is having internal frameworks to 'process', but honestly in the realm of human relations the 'E' attempt at communication goes a lot further to dealing with the issue directly.

But -- but -- SAYING something about a problem before it's actually a problem IS whining! Is do not do this.

Is only whine... particularly IxTx types... when they feel extremely comfortable with the person they're whining to. Otherwise, forget it. They're a friggin lock box. ThatGirl, you should feel honored... or something.

Either that or they just really, really, really, really don't like you. From here, I can't tell which.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Errm I've been told if I were any more laid back I'd be horizontal.. Everyone has buttons to press that sets them off. Ever consider you rub most Is the wrong way?

alicia91

Depends how cranky is defined, but I would say that based on personal observation that don't agree. I'm an easy-going and my ENTJ husband is NOT. On the other hand, my ENFP daughter is, but my ISTJ son is not. So I don't think it has anything to do with I versus E. Funny that it's the J's that are uptight in my family.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You? of all people? I really can't imagine why.

Online persona != Real life persona.

Many Is are not as emotionally volatile than their corresponding Es. When an I gets in a funk, I think it tends to last longer.

darkmoon

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think crankiness is solely the domain of Is. Es can be too. Certainly I have never noticed that Is complain and whinge more than Es. I have many extraverted friends who complain about things a lot more than I do.

But it's worth considering that since the frame of reference for introverts is internal then they possibly appear more aloof and serious and hence cranky to outsiders. Ie they might appear angry when in fact they are just thinking to themselves (and maybe have somewhat of a blank expression). I do think they can appear darker than extroverts. But that is mostly because they think things over inside their own heads privately rather than publicly.

The other thing is introverts like their space and some peace so might get cranky if they are being hounded by an extrovert to be more extroverted!!! For an extrovert to understand what that is like they would need to do something like try to go to sleep at night with the stereo next to the bed going full blast and someone jumping on the bed non-stop! :shock: I flated with my ENTP friend for a while. She was great fun too live with since she had loads of energy. But she could never understand why I liked my own space and quiet and didn't necessarily want to party with 200 people every night. I get cranky when I am expected to be extroverted all the time and I imagine extroverts feel the same way if they have to spend a lot of time by themselves with no company. There is nothing wrong with this though.

I guess by crankieness I am refering to when things bother them or dont go their way.

Everyone gets pissed off when things don't go their way.

May I ask ThatGirl what the types are of the Is you are referring to? And you sound a bit angry that these Is are "cranky" so is this just a personal beef with a few individuals?

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
When Is are trying to plan things. Particularly ITs. They get easilly frusterated with anything that is outside of the plan. But, being that they dont take affirmative action against the situation they are more likely to complain that one thing screwed up what they thought.

I'm afraid I don't see this at all. Things that are "outside of the plan" are the only things that add any spice to my life.

However, anyone coming to me with a problem will either get a quick answer or "let me think about it." And if I ask to think about it, the problem poser would be advised to go away - far away. Standing to the side with arms folded while tapping a foot... yeah, that would tend to frusterate me. (And yes, I did have an employer who would do that.)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*Huffs* :steam: