• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are Is generally cranky

T

ThatGirl

Perhaps what you're experiencing is a response to you crossing a boundary. I's can definitely come across as cranky when you cross their boundaries.

Yes true but only one out of three of those was something I had had a hand in

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This forum is a little hard for me because if I want to get depth I have to put something out there which as known for being an NT is hard for me but here goes

I have whitness a lot of Is get frusterated easilly.

For example" I was asked out by an I and I told him I would get back to him. I forgot until that day was almost over so I text him that I was very busy and that I was sorry but perhaps we could plan something for say three months down the line. He got kind of pissy with me but at the same time tried to cover it so I wouldn't think he was getting pissy. I explained that I was very busy and very tired. But still he was pissy things hadn't worked out as planned.

Another example is an I who constantly complains about how the world is unfair. They never take a stand they just complain and complain. Maybe its just venting, maybe it is just not as important as they make it seem, but still its mindless complaining.

Another I gets easilly annoyed when things are not just so.

I could go on and on.

I just started to see a connection. I am not trying to be convincing I am just asking.

Hmm, really don't think I's have the patent on impatience or crankiness. The most impatient and reactive person I know is my beloved brother who is an ENFJ, his emotions rule his life and patience is a foreign concept. Meanwhile some of the most even, un-reactive people I know are introverted. I don't see any pattern with patience or crankiness, they are simply put, immaturities. Anyone can be impatient, cranky or a whinger.

Check your reaction to them cause if it bothers you that’s the only thing you have control over.

T

ThatGirl

I guess by crankieness I am refering to when things bother them or dont go their way. While they may not express it to most they seem to express it to me. I just see that they get angry over the slightest of things as though the consequences of these things were immeasurable

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
[YOUTUBE="A808NVuRH3E"]Words..hmhm, dont come easy :D[/YOUTUBE]

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I guess by crankieness I am refering to when things bother them or dont go their way. While they may not express it to most they seem to express it to me. I just see that they get angry over the slightest of things as though the consequences of these things were immeasurable
I get what you're saying. I've seen it with my INTP brother, a lot. My next question would be...how old are these cranky introverts?

T

ThatGirl

yeah all shapes and forms

Maybe not all Is still looking for the missing link in the pattern

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Age /= maturity

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I think Introversion and Extraversion does play a part in 'crankiness', 'whininess', 'outbursts', and 'volatility' but it's more in combination with other cognitive functions.

FWIW, I've always been considered 'easy going' to the point parents of the most problem/unpopular children in the neighborhood would make play dates with my mom because I was the only kid who could stand their kid or vice versa. Whether they were bullies or extremely shy, they would actually find a play mate in me (you're welcome!!!!)

I don't think ENFX would be considered 'cranky' but INFP? ... :rolleyes:

I don't think XNTJ would be considered 'cranky' either, but perhaps 'demanding' and not as keen on social niceties which could illicit many 'cranky' and short seeming responses when it comes to getting something done.

The most volatile/surprising outburst folks I've seen in my circle of friends are IT females. INTP/ISTJ This is purely observational.

In these cases, the 'I' makes their internal tolerance of things and responses to things very hidden. You don't know what they are thinking until !BAM! They also don't have the same coping resources (threshold for stimuli, extraverted communication, looking at it from others' POV, 'talking it out')

The funny (to me) thing is that the IT females often get into misunderstandings and spats with one another (look ma, no Es and no NFs!) :laugh:

So it's not so much an 'I' think as a very rigid J or extremely introverted Fi/Ti IT thing that's not supported by other functions or bolstered by some kind of learned skills or valve or bridge to other people so that situations are curbed and nipped in the bud before crankiness and outbursts set in.
Basically coping skills.

For chatty 'Es' we have some coping mechanisms built-in -- namely 'talking it out' and being more likley to express ourselves before the point past frustration. This helps immensely curb any volatile outbursts before it gets to that point. 'Is' built in coping mechanism is having internal frameworks to 'process', but honestly in the realm of human relations the 'E' attempt at communication goes a lot further to dealing with the issue directly.

But, maybe I'm totally off here.

As for whininess, I guess that depends on how it's defined. I think Extroverts are more likely to verbalize their feelings and grumble but it's just words -- at least for me it is. I complain quite easily about things but it doesn't mean much. I have no problem with E's winning the 'whiny' award. :laugh:

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I think it is IT
Without more information, I can't really say more with confidence.

Would conducting experiments on unsuspecting ITs offend the little bit of extroverted feeling you have buried?

T

ThatGirl

As for whininess, I guess that depends on how it's defined. I think Extroverts are more likely to verbalize their feelings and grumble but it's just words -- at least for me it is. I complain quite easily about things but it doesn't mean much. I have no problem with E's winning the 'whiny' award.

I agree. My gripes are generally superficial no matter how they are laid out. Is gripes tend to be more uncomfortable in an uncomfortable serious sort of way.