• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are Is generally cranky

bbites

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'm very cranky most of the time. It annoys the heck out of people, including me. But I don't expect it to change anytime soon because I can't seem to learn to relax. I don't know a lot of introverts personally (none that I can tell, anyway) so I don't know if that's the general consensus.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
I don't think I'm usually cranky. I don't complain much, and I don't yell at other people much. Generally, I'm pretty easy-going and relaxed. The exception here being that if you've interrupted/messed up what I was doing I will "snap"/be annoyed with you...coming up behind me and yelling "HI!" is not a good idea when I've spent an hour making a part on the lathe to within a couple thousandths of an inch. (This happened last week...). Calling me at 7:30AM on a Saturday morning will get the same response..

Mercurial

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w6
I'm in a neutral to somewhat good mood most of the time and have gotten much better with age at turning down the Zone of Intensity when communicating with people. People that know me see me as laid-back and unflappable to the point that I get asked why I didn't get mad at something.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I was disconcerted, pessimistic and crabby quite a bit when I was younger. It was a miserable way to live.

I think a lot of it was that my values system didn't fit well with the world around me and as a 2 I wanted very badly to force change in my world for "the better."

After I figured out that the only thing I have much influence over is myself, I made some changes in my world view and seem to have become a 2w9. That's a relief!

I don't know. Was I born with the nine potential and developed it?

Edit: I was also raised strictly as an ISTJ and I think my mother's inability to understand where I was coming from and my willingness to conform to her ideas caused me a lot of emotional disturbance until I learned to know mysef and what I needed to feel content.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I think it depends how you look at it with the crankiness. Do I get stressed when I don't have my own time and then become a bit on edge? Yes, probably way more so than most Es.
Do I get angry easily/ overreact to things? No, definitely not.

How cranky I am depends on how stressed I am. Naturally, I'm a very laid back person :)

Eryndil

MBTI Type
INTx
I'm generally easy-going and always have been so, except when people wind me up to breaking point.

One thing that might make me cranky is when people make a rather negative generalisation about a large number of people, based on a subjective analysis of a very few experiences.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
cranky - no
more selective and not so easily amused and more critical of what we indulge in
i'd say so
intense - yes

MBTI Type
INxJ
If someone asks me to repeat myself more than twice or declares an illogical statement as fact, I might become internally irritated and recognize that I am. Yet, I rarely express it outwardly.