• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The psychology of who we find creepy and why

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
That's a fair argument for sure...though to be fair I think someone who lives off the grid and refuses to be part of society would also come off as somewhat unnerving as well. Look at us derailing this lol.

It should have been on their list...hmm maybe it was *goes to look*.

Incidentally I'm not sure if this is some unconscious revealing of my character...or just a bit of minor misreading but I keep reading the part of the list where it says "touched friend frequently" & "Was a child" is right beneath it as "touched child frequently".

And before I realised this I was surprised that one wasn't higher. :doh:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It should have been on their list...hmm maybe it was *goes to look*.

Incidentally I'm not sure if this is some unconscious revealing of my character...or just a bit of minor misreading but I keep reading the part of the list where it says "touched friend frequently" & "Was a child" is right beneath it as "touched child frequently".

And before I realised this I was surprised that one wasn't higher. :doh:

The weird thing about "was a child", is that this includes pretty much everyone, because everyone was a child at one point, even if they aren't one currently.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In a coffee shop setting, the baristas unanimously find middle aged guys who come into the shop semi-regularly, always sit at a table so as to face the baristas/counter, are often looking at the baristas and when ordering, being way too nice/but nervous/awkward (translates into 'nice guy syndrome' / just obviously wanting to date someone, anyone), creepy. So guys, don't be that desperate guy. I think these guys think they're being subtle, but women all pick up on it.

D'Ascoyne

In a coffee shop setting, the baristas unanimously find middle aged guys who come into the shop semi-regularly, always sit at a table so as to face the baristas/counter, are often looking at the baristas and when ordering, being way too nice/but nervous/awkward (translates into 'nice guy syndrome' / just obviously wanting to date someone, anyone), creepy. So guys, don't be that desperate guy. I think these guys think they're being subtle, but women all pick up on it.

The women pick up on it, and so does everyone else around. I see this all the time and I feel grossed out, then get to feeling sorry for them because they're probably very lonely. I don't think they know how they're actually coming off to others and who's going to tell them, really. That said, I agree: don't be that guy. It's also counter-intuitive.