• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any Other Quiet Extroverts Around?

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
I can definitely spend time by myself and go into funks where I don't really want to see anyone, but put me anywhere where there are people and I will interact goddamnit. In school my teachers would get frustrated with me because I'd find a way to talk to anyone, regardless of where they moved me. At work they put me in a group with some of the most grouchy guys around because they know I could make friends with everyone and bring up the mood.
I guess I'm not really a quiet extrovert, but I do loooove my alone time.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can definitely spend time by myself and go into funks where I don't really want to see anyone, but put me anywhere where there are people and I will interact goddamnit. In school my teachers would get frustrated with me because I'd find a way to talk to anyone, regardless of where they moved me. At work they put me in a group with some of the most grouchy guys around because they know I could make friends with everyone and bring up the mood.
I guess I'm not really a quiet extrovert, but I do loooove my alone time.

I totally wanna see tertiary Fe magic. You and [MENTION=1180]whatever[/MENTION] sound amazing. Ha

Hitoshi-San

MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
???
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm fairly quiet but definitely am an extrovert. I've narrowed my explanation down to anxiety for the most part, I'm scared to talk most of the time when I'm being quiet. that, or I'm tired and don't feel like talking because I know it will make me cranky or if that's not the case, sometimes I just like not talking if I don't need to :shrug:

that is, of course, if you're referring to how much I talk. I'm not REALLY quiet, but I can see where some people would be surprised if I told them I'm an extrovert. as for how I come across as when I talk, I'd have to give that one some thought.

I totally agree with what [MENTION=26046]Dyslexxie[/MENTION] said about needing alone time though. I still enjoy going out and public spaces and all, but I think it's fair to say everyone needs a bit of down time and sometimes sitting around doing nothing works better for me when I'm in a bad mood than being around other people does.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I fear that you're the cool version... I find shopping for groceries and kitchenware to be thrilling :doh:

Only cool people can make that thrilling.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My spouse is like this. He's an ENFP.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I have ego problems, so I get tense around too many people. Trouble with balancing image-based concerns etc...superficial shit that somehow digs deep; except it has nothing to do with depth.

Most of my advice is for myself as much as anyone else, should probably keep it in there. But anyhow, yeah I prefer smaller groups I am comfortable with. Most probably are similar, though there is a loud minority who love meeting new people because it's a chance to image-boost yourself and others by presenting yourself as fresh while silmultaneously receiving that same freshness from new people.

I can get behind that. But I can't get behind (editor: move past) my own neurosis (sies? ses? plural anyway) and be comfortable in such surroundings. I can say with rare confidence that I have done a great deal towards putting myself into situations I feel uncomfortable with but want to learn from and grow in order to become more socially at ease.

Sure I've been loud on here/vent/tinychat but that's different. It's an ultimate comfort zone plus usually alcohol is involved.

This is just naval gazing of a negative form though, the real meat is reminding...reminding....ad nauseam (and I've definitely said this before on here many times) that most people don't really give a shit what you are doing or saying, no more than you do of them, and putting aside the more complicated breakdown of different interpersonal relations and ego stuff, most wont ever affect your life. It might be more to do with knowing yourself as someone who needs assistance, who despite spending most of their life being alone and trying to do/achieve on their own, that that person still needs allies of some kind. That's the larger picture for 'awareness' or at least a meta-illusion of it, that I know, underneath, I have certain limitations...that I think are informed by shape and form, which aren't going to just disappear because I wish it.

But emotions don't care about what is rational. In that way I'm more classically a 'feeler' and embarrassingly (hypocritically) so at times. I am sensitive to sensory input as well; people are loud, lights are too bright and the mere presence of too much living human beings is a pressure to me, no matter how much I want to ignore or diffuse it.

The thing is there was no choice, or illusion of, here. Just a social anxiety from internal and external sources.

TLDR: I have my weaknesses like anyone else and I need time away to recoup some form of energy.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not particularly 'quiet' but I'm not overly loud either. My personality is too assertive to be passive/quiet I think. Probably 60/40 on the E/I spectrum.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not particularly 'quiet' but I'm not overly loud either. My personality is too assertive to be passive/quiet I think. Probably 60/40 on the E/I spectrum.

Depending on the situation, I can be dominant or passive, but I tend not to dominate conversations. My voice is pretty soft/quiet and monotone with bursts of excitement.