• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Offensive pictorials

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Then you should probably stop drinking milk unless it is goat milk and stop eating eggs unless you have your own chickens, because the milk industry still produce male veal calves, and the egg industry slaughters male chicks.

I'm vegan for environmental and health reasons, but the longer I go without animal products the more I'm disgusted by all of it. I could never eat meat again under any circumstances.
I know that a lot of crap goes on in the dairy industry as well as other food producing industries that involve animals. I'm a vegetarian, and would like to be vegan. One day I will be, but it takes time. It wasn't difficult at all for me to stop eating meat, but dairy is difficult. I think it's very true though, what you said about the longer you go without consuming such things, the more disgusted you are by it. It gives you space to reflect on just exactly what was going on there. While one is still consuming animal products, it's harder to get that perspective I think.

- - - Updated - - -

I am extremely flattered by that and probably undeserving of it but appreciate it, nonetheless. :hug:

You ARE deserving of it, you silly!;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I know that a lot of crap goes on in the dairy industry as well as other food producing industries that involve animals. I'm a vegetarian, and would like to be vegan. One day I will be, but it takes time. It wasn't difficult at all for me to stop eating meat, but dairy is difficult. I think it's very true though, what you said about the longer you go without consuming such things, the more disgusted you are by it. It gives you space to reflect on just exactly what was going on there. While one is still consuming animal products, it's harder to get that perspective I think.

- - - Updated - - -

You ARE deserving of it, you silly!;)

OK I'm not shaming you but I am simply pointing out that if you are specifically against killing of any animal, this problem still exists.

The problem with dairy is that it is addictive. It's meant to be a bonding food for babies, so even cross species will produce a euphoric oxytocin-like affect that may show itself as comfort food, or simply something one cannot live without.

It's a lot less difficult when you learn to substitute avacado, guacamole, olive oil, sesame tahini dressing and hummus - rather than jumping to cheese substitutes, though many of the newer ones are absolutely delicious melted on sandwiches and on fresh pizzas with extra sauce, I specifically recommend Daiya, and Follow Your Heart. Just Mayo is also absolutely delicious and is nearly indistinguishable from egg mayo, which is one of the reasons Hellmans attempted their unethical law suit.

If you can name a specific comfort food, I can likely tell you a good way to recreate it. Milk is absolutely nauseating to me now, but I have noticed a trend for people to switch to non dairy milk first, the cheese being an issue for many Western people especially. Cheese was an issue for me and it's not as difficult or impossible as some people suggest.

Also if you like goat cheese, that's less harmful that cows milk.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Are any of you ever offended by anything at all? Well, some people are. Some people find Playboy and Hustler to be offensive. That's why they used to put those magazines in the back of the display shelves, so as not to offend people and to keep youngster's eyes pure. I guess they then started just using covers on those magazines so that the pictorial was hidden from view completely. Tell me fellow weirdos, what do you think of that. Do you agree that offensive material, even if it isn't offensive to you personally, but might be to others, should be hidden from view for the above reasons?

I trully think that people should experience world without pseudomorlistic censorship, if anything simply to develop some skin and courage. Society can't survive if everything becomes a scandal and major problem.

To tell you the truth it is my own family that bought be me my first Playboy. As a matter of fact my aunt gave me those Playboys since she bought them because she was curious about what is inside and once that was settled she thought they should serve some deeper/other purpose. Therefore I don't support most of conservative issues with openess to content. After all showing violence at 3 PM on TV while hopping that your child doesn't see a nipple before he is 25 is simply bad logic. Bad logic that may severly damage growing up process and therefore it should be countered if the content isn't downright illegal (but you can't publish illegal stuff anyway)

People should develope some skin if they desire to live in this reality.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
I trully think that people should experience world without pseudomorlistic censorship, if anything simply to develop some skin and courage. Society can't survive if everything becomes a scandal and major problem.

To tell you the truth it is my own family that bought be me my first Playboy. As a matter of fact my aunt gave me those Playboys since she bought them because she was curious about what is inside and once that was settled she thought they should serve some deeper/other purpose. Therefore I don't support most of conservative issues with openess to content. After all showing violence at 3 PM on TV while hopping that your child doesn't see a nipple before he is 25 is simply bad logic. Bad logic that may severly damage growing up process and therefore it should be countered if the content isn't downright illegal (but you can't publish illegal stuff anyway)

People should develope some skin if they desire to live in this reality.

I'm not offended by Playboy, except for the fact that my grandfather was Hugh Hefner and nobody told me. I am offended however by hunting magazines showing freshly killed animals, staring you in the face at the magazine stand.